PDA

View Full Version : Woods & Water Weekend September 9~11 , 2016

SeeTee
07-09-2016, 09:23 AM
Woods & Water Weekend September 9~11,2016

Woods-n-Water September 9,10,11, Imlay City

It's that time again! This is a great event in Imlay City, this is a fun event to just come out and bring the family and enjoy the day!

-This is a much different event then Outdoorama -this is an Outdoor sports event that really is outdoors and covers a whole Fairground in Area, it is a lot of fun for the whole family, even if you don't work the show come on out and bring the family & friends!!

Note, this is a handgun carry as you like event for booth workers and attendee's alike, for booth workers feel free to bring a firearm or two to display.

For those that don't know the woods -n- Water weekend is held at the Eastern Michigan Fairgrounds in Imlay City,
http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sis...r-Weekend.html (http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sissue-37607.292113-p24128.112113-Outdoor-Weekend.html)

Information and map to the MGO booth on page 2 of this .pdf, I know it it is labeled "2015" but it is correct information for 2016.

W&W new layout 2015.pdf
(http://www.migunowners.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36687&d=1440955686)

We need Volunteers for the MGO booth at the event, anybody that may have questions about volunteering for this event please just send me a pm.

We had a great crew last year and this year will be no different I am sure, :thumbup: to all of us that survived the Friday storms!!!
We will have good time again this year! hopefully no rain!

I have listed the volunteer needs per shift, if you are new to MGO and want to see what it is all about and the shift roster is full, just let me know and we will find a place for you to spend some time at the booth.

This event earns volunteers that are MGO members a shift credit, to be used for the Gun of the year drawing, membership renewal or gift membership.
For new volunteers, if you are not a MGO member, your first shift credit earns you a 1yr. MGO membership.

Friday the Sept. 9 -Setup time TBD, I could use 1or 2 to help with this, its a good time if you have it to learn the booth set-up

SeeTee
Roundballer + Roundballer at large through the event.
Tenthumbs
Travisthared
We could use 1 or 2 more able person, anybody who would like learn the set-up is welcome too.

Show times dates and times;

Friday- September 9, 1 shift, 2 or 3 needed

1-5pm to 9pm

travisthared
Kilt Guy
CircuitRider

Saturday -September 10, 3 Shifts, a busy day 3~4 per shift needed

1- 8:30am to 12:30 pm

Oldmann1967
Kilt Guy
SeeTee
SuperTrucker
RoadKingMI

2- 12noon to 4pm

travisthared
Kilt Guy
SeeTee
SuperTrucker
cocowheats

3-3:30 to 7pm

Kilt Guy
SeeTee
SuperTrucker
cocwheats
travisthared

Sunday-September 11, 2 shifts these just work out to be a little longer, hard to make 3 shifts for Sunday 3-per shift needed

1-8:30am to 1pm

Kilt Guy
SeeTee
SuperTrucker
Phillips88
kicker42

2- 12:30pm to 5pm + pack up, this should not take too long, usually we start to wind down before 5pm.

SeeTee
SuperTrucker
Phillips88
travisthared
kicker42

mikeb32
07-09-2016, 09:39 AM
I will be there for set up with the trailer.

travisthared
07-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Carl please put me down for Friday shift 1 5pm-9pm and Saturday shift 2 12pm-4pm.

Kilt Guy
07-10-2016, 07:46 AM
Put me down for Friday, all day Saturday and first shift on Sunday.

SeeTee
07-10-2016, 07:59 AM
Carl please put me down for Friday shift 1 5pm-9pm and Saturday shift 2 12pm-4pm.

Put me down for Friday, all day Saturday and first shift on Sunday.

Outstanding! thanks Guy's!

phillips88
07-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Put me down for all day sunday

SeeTee
07-12-2016, 07:32 AM
Put me down for all day sunday

Got it :thumbup: thanks

CircuitRider
07-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Looks like I'd better get my name in before all of the slots are filled. Friday 5-9pm, please. DON

SeeTee
07-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Looks like I'd better get my name in before all of the slots are filled. Friday 5-9pm, please. DON

Got you in there! thanks, you know we always have room for you, no matter how full the roster is.

SeeTee
08-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Coming up soon! we can still use some more help, for set-up and in particular Saturday third shift and on Sunday second shift.

This is a great event, unlike any other we do, fun to bring out the whole family to have fun at while you help man the table.

It is like a miniature county fair, if you have never been there, follow the link in the op and check it out, even if you don't work the event come on out bring the family and stop by the big tent and say hello!

SeeTee
08-08-2016, 01:38 PM
OP Copied here for the people that use night vision / other viewing options, if anybody has trouble reading this let me know and I will work at fixing it.

Woods-n-Water September 9,10,11, Imlay City

It's that time again! This is a great event in Imlay City, this is a fun event to just come out and bring the family and enjoy the day!

-This is a much different event then Outdoorama -this is an Outdoor sports event that really is outdoors and covers a whole Fairground in Area, it is a lot of fun for the whole family, even if you don't work the show come on out and bring the family & friends!!

Note, this is a handgun carry as you like event for booth workers and attendee's alike, for booth workers feel free to bring a firearm or two to display.

For those that don't know the woods -n- Water weekend is held at the Eastern Michigan Fairgrounds in Imlay City,
http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sis...r-Weekend.html

Information and map to the MGO booth on page 2 of this .pdf, I know it it is labeled "2015" but it is correct information for 2016.

W&W new layout 2015.pdf

We need Volunteers for the MGO booth at the event, anybody that may have questions about volunteering for this event please just send me a pm.

We had a great crew last year and this year will be no different I am sure, to all of us that survived the Friday storms!!!
We will have good time again this year! hopefully no rain!

I have listed the volunteer needs per shift, if you are new to MGO and want to see what it is all about and the shift roster is full, just let me know and we will find a place for you to spend some time at the booth.

This event earns volunteers that are MGO members a shift credit, to be used for the Gun of the year drawing, membership renewal or gift membership.
For new volunteers, if you are not a MGO member, your first shift credit earns you a 1yr. MGO membership.

Friday the Sept. 9 -Setup time TBD, I could use 1or 2 to help with this, its a good time if you have it to learn the booth set-up

SeeTee
Roundballer + Roundballer at large through the event.
Tenthumbs

We could use 1 or 2 more able person, anybody who would like learn the set-up is welcome too.

Show times dates and times;

Friday- September 9, 1 shift, 2 or 3 needed

1-5pm to 9pm

travisthared
Kilt Guy
CircuitRider

Saturday -September 10, 3 Shifts, a busy day 3~4 per shift needed

1- 8:30am to 12:30 pm

Oldmann1967
Kilt Guy
SeeTee
SuperTrucker
RoadKingMI

2- 12noon to 4pm

travisthared
Kilt Guy
SeeTee
SuperTrucker
cocowheats

3-3:30 to 7pm

Kilt Guy
SeeTee
SuperTrucker
cocwheats
travisthared

Sunday-September 11, 2 shifts these just work out to be a little longer, hard to make 3 shifts for Sunday 3-per shift needed

1-8:30am to 1pm

Kilt Guy
SeeTee
SuperTrucker
Phillips88
kicker42

2- 12:30pm to 5pm + pack up, this should not take too long, usually we start to wind down before 5pm.

SeeTee
SuperTrucker
Phillips88
travisthared
kicker42

Cocowheats
08-10-2016, 04:51 PM
I'll take noon-7p on sept. 10...that's 2 shifts.

SeeTee
08-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Thanks Bill, you will have fun!

SeeTee
08-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Just a bump for the cause, we can still use help, especially on Sunday second shift, however for anyone that wants to volunteer for the first time I can find a place for you to fit your schedule.

This is a great venue and for a working event the most fun one we do! Come on out and see for yourself!

SeeTee
08-29-2016, 12:24 PM
:yeahthat:

Plus I would like to point out a new display / event at the W&W Weekend.

Williams Gun Sight Co. is sponsoring Mobile Tactics, this is a state of the art mobile-portable, self contained, live firearms training / shooting facility.

Through Williams, showgoers will be able to "try out" firearms ( only provided by Williams / no personal firearms ) before you buy as well as receive training and instruction all in a safe and comfortable environment.
There is no charge for this!

Another cool reason to come on out to the W&W event! + volunteer too!

More about Mobile Tactics here http://mobiletactics.com/

mikeb32
09-01-2016, 11:07 PM
I will apologize now for Hijacking this thread, But I have something to say, and I need to get it out.

I Think its a Damn Shame that Woods & Waters is our Premier Event that We do every year, and at this point in time, approximately one week away, Our Activities Committee Chairman, See Tee (Carl) Is the only Person going out there to get Our Booth set up on Friday Morning, September 9th.

I wish I could "Clone" Carl, No Matter where or what the event is that MGO is participating in, He is always there for MGO.

I just think It is awful that We have approximately 1,600 Members and We can't get at least one Volunteer to help Carl set things up at our biggest event of the year.

Sorry for the Hijack and the Rant!!

tenthumbs
09-02-2016, 09:24 AM
I will apologize now for Hijacking this thread, But I have something to say, and I need to get it out.

I Think its a Damn Shame that Woods & Waters is our Premier Event that We do every year, and at this point in time, approximately one week away, Our Activities Committee Chairman, See Tee (Carl) Is the only Person going out there to get Our Booth set up on Friday Morning, September 9th.

I wish I could "Clone" Carl, No Matter where or what the event is that MGO is participating in, He is always there for MGO.

I just think It is awful that We have approximately 1,600 Members and We can't get at least one Volunteer to help Carl set things up at our biggest event of the year.

Sorry for the Hijack and the Rant!!

I can help with set up. I just can't do a full shift on my feet due to a bum ankle.

To Carl, you said TBD on time, let me know and I'll be there. I'm semi familiar with the process as I helped a bit a few years ago.

mikeb32
09-02-2016, 09:42 AM
I can help with set up. I just can't do a full shift on my feet due to a bum ankle.

To Carl, you said TBD on time, let me know and I'll be there. I'm semi familiar with the process as I helped a bit a few years ago.

Thanks Young Man!

SeeTee
09-02-2016, 09:43 AM

Hey no problem we have chairs! J/K, but really we do ;)

Yes you did and Thanks Howard for the help, I'll pm & post a time some time next week when things get finalized, figure about 10am ish, its nothing real hard or heavy, just a few hands make it go a lot better and at a easy pace.
Hardest part is spotting the trailer and backing it into the parking spot!

Roundballer said that he would be around to help also.

Us younger guy's will get'er done!

Again Thank you for stepping up!

tenthumbs
09-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Hell, with the 3 of us we could probably talk it into setting its self up. :p

SeeTee
09-03-2016, 08:04 AM
Hell, with the 3 of us we could probably talk it into setting its self up. :p

Or talk some old guy's into doing it for us young kids! ;)

travisthared
09-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Carl, I just got the ok to take Friday off as vacation and will be there to help you set-up.

mikeb32
09-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Carl, I just got the ok to take Friday off as vacation and will be there to help you set-up.

Thanks Travis!

SeeTee
09-06-2016, 09:16 AM

:salute:

SeeTee
09-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Day and a half away! we are looking good for help, a big thanks to all the volunteers that stepped up! :salute:

If anyone has any questions, ask now, I will be busy tomorrow but will check into the forum, after tomorrow night I will only be reached by my cell, any volunteers that do not have it and need it pm me for it.

Cocowheats
09-08-2016, 12:58 PM
See you guys Saturday....Drive safe.

60% chance of rain as of now, FYI.

SeeTee
09-08-2016, 08:24 PM
We usually get one or two dumps on us, some have been epic! and have also made for an adventure getting home! makes for good story telling and the "I survived ..." bragging badge.

And yes be careful out there, and if something comes up and somebody can't make it, I understand last minute things can come up, but please call or text and let me know, if you don't have my cell # contact Mikeb32 and he can get in contact with me.

Looking to forward to working with the crew as always! and if you just are going to the W&W event be sure to stop in at the booth in the big tent and say hello.

Just a comment, we sometimes hear from people, usually in a post saying they saw the booth, but they never actually stopped to say hello-I can never figure that out-please take the time to say hello- we always like to meet members, including users of the forum & we won't put you to work!

SeeTee
09-16-2016, 02:05 PM
Just a few pictures, always seemed to be taken in a hurry, I get busy and almost forget to do this for the folks back home!
A view from the side

http://i67.tinypic.com/2zs0j90.jpg

A little different set up, field adjustments need to be made but it worked out! you can see the new table covers!

http://i65.tinypic.com/21bjcs6.jpg

A couple of better views of the covers, yea the maid didn't get there to iron them, they just came out of the box, however the humidly in the tent fixed them up quickly!
And yes we did a little tidy up on the booth before it all started.

http://i67.tinypic.com/qz0qad.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/1548uue.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/1zo8gea.jpg

Surprised to find a tent pole in the booth, we worked around it.

http://i64.tinypic.com/i41vd0.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/wrmj3q.jpg

The booth had good visibility coming up the from the side.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2rhurly.jpg

A big job well done to Kilt Guy for spearheading and getting the new table covers and handling all the leg work to make it happen! :thumbup:
See it's things like that, that take a lot of work, time and running around in the background that nobody see's.
And a thanks to the BOD that approved them.

:salute: A big thanks to all the volunteers that came out to support MGO, especially the BOD members who worked a combined 64 hours+ to be on the front lines

The W&W 2016 crew.

travisthared- special atta boy for all the extra effort.
roundballer
Oldmann1967
Kilt Guy
SuperTrucker
RoadKingMI
cocowheats
Phillips88
Kicker42

And honorable mention to tenthumbs and CircuitRider who had unexpected things come up,
I understand and appreciate you being willing, thanks guy's!

All who support / volunteer put in more time & effort, some more then others ( all effort is appreciated ) then most on the forum will ever know to make it all happen.

thamm
09-16-2016, 02:22 PM
Well done!

P.S. The table covers look fantastic!

Roundballer
09-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Just a few pictures, always seemed to be taken in a hurry, I get busy and almost forget to do this for the folks back home!
I had both a small camera and the phone with me ad never got them out.

A big job well done to Kilt Guy for spearheading and getting the new table covers and handling all the leg work to make it happen! :thumbup:
See it's things like that, that take a lot of work, time and running around in the background that nobody see's.
And a thanks to the BOD that approved them.
I'll second that emotion! :salute:

Well done!

P.S. The table covers look fantastic!
And they make set-up much faster, no messing with plastic skirts and separate top cloths.

Now if we can just preserve them from the stenciling cracking up in storage.

tenthumbs
09-16-2016, 04:52 PM
A big job well done to Kilt Guy for spearheading and getting the new table covers and handling all the leg work to make it happen!

Kilt Guy...leg work. I see what you did there. :p

Nice work everyone, It looks great. Sorry about washing out on you, I had hoped to see the Fri.guys.

I never made it over there all weekend.:-?

oldmann1967
09-16-2016, 09:07 PM
The booth looked great and meeting some other members was as well.

travisthared
09-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Thank you Carl for pulling the trailer to Woods & Water, arranging the booth with Woods & Water, coordinating volunteer shifts, booth set-up, booth tear down, and working shifts on top of all that.
Thanks to Mike P. who pulled the trailer back, worked shifts all weekend, and did booth tear down.
Thank you George for helping setup, tear down, and being at large during the course of the event.
Thank you Drew and the other gentleman that helped tear down as well.
Thank you Mike B. for letting Carl use your truck to pull the trailer to W&W.
Thank you everyone that worked shifts and helped make the event possible.
The table covers not only look more professional than the plastic skirting but, are easy to set-up and maintain throughout the show. Thanks Mike M. for doing the work and getting those covers made and printed.

Cocowheats
09-18-2016, 12:40 PM
...And they make set-up much faster, no messing with plastic skirts and separate top cloths.

Now if we can just preserve them from the stenciling cracking up in storage.

I explained this to Carl(maybe not as in depth though) but I'll reiterate it so others are in the know...

Those table clothes appear to be heat transferred screen prints(the ultra flat feel/finish in plastisol ink is a give away). Heat transferred prints don't typically bond as well as direct screen printing. This means, over time, heat transferred prints break down, flake, and lose their overall bond to the substrate faster vs a substrate that was printed onto directly.

To understand why this is, I'll explain a typical direct print process vs a typical heat transfer process.

Traditional Screen printing= A blank garment is laid on a flat surface. A screen with a "burned" in image is laid on top of the garment. Ink that is essentially liquid plastic is pressed through the screen onto the shirt leaving you with a "printed" image on the garment. After the ink is laid on the garment, the garment needs to be heated at ~300F for a little under a minute to cure the ink so that the ink is dry and bonds to the garment (plastisol based inks typically will not fully cure without being heated).

Heat transfers= Commonly done in much the same way as above. You would "print" the image the same way as above but instead of printing it on a garment, you would print it onto a piece of transfer paper(it's similar to parchment paper). After printing it onto the transfer paper, you cover the wet ink in a transfer adhesive powder. After the wet ink is coated in transfer adhesive, you would partly cure the ink/image you printed onto your transfer paper (so that it can not be smeared and it remains "stable" until ready to use). This cure would be about half the temperature and half the time vs directly screen printing. Once the image is suspended onto the transfer paper, the papers can be stored until needed. When needed, you would lay the garment on a flat surface(usually your press' anvil), place the transfer paper on the garment where you want it, then apply heat and pressure to the image for 10-30secs(again, normally done on a heat press made for this).

Because of the partly cured ink(which means some of the ink's bonding chemicals have been burned off thus the need for a secondary adhesive) and the subsequent need for an added adhesive to make heat transfers work, they simply don't bond as well to garments...But they look good because the ink gets pressed flat and smooth! Double edge sword here...

So, if we try to not crease the printed parts to much and keep any significant weight off of what does get creased, the prints ought to hold up better than if we creased them and let weight sit on top of those creased prints. Hopefully you guys can make sense of why that is now(a weaker ink to substrate bond than direct printing and the fact that the ink is plastic...plastic cracks with enough "abuse").

And for the record, the heat transferred prints on the table cloths that we now have were really the way to go unless you wanted to boss up the $$$ to get into dye sublimation where the images would be dyed into the cloth permanently and could never crack/flake/peel. IMO, what was purchased was the best option aside from dye sublimation(which is usually pricey).

Of course there are other factors to cracking/flaking prints such as the ink being laid to heavy to create a more opaque print with better color "pop"...The more ink piled up on the substrate usually means the print will crack/flake faster/easier....I do not think this is an issue with the prints we received; they are not overly built up with ink, IMO.

Full disclosure: I have a poop load of experience in screen printing, embroidery, and dye sublimation....

SeeTee
09-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Thanks Bill for sharing the professional information!

Taking what you told me to heart that day, what was done when the LOGO table covers were folded, a square of cardboard was put behind it (the LOGO ) so that it would not be creased when folding the rest of the fabric, hopefully that will help get the longest life out of the LOGO.

The covers with the "Michigan Gun Owners" presented a little more of a problem, but we did our best to minimize any fold / crease.

Cocowheats
09-18-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks Bill for sharing the professional information!

Taking what you told me to heart that day, what was done when the LOGO table covers were folded, a square of cardboard was put behind it (the LOGO ) so that it would not be creased when folding the rest of the fabric, hopefully that will help get the longest life out of the LOGO.

The covers with the "Michigan Gun Owners" presented a little more of a problem, but we did our best to minimize any fold / crease.

Keep weight off them so you don't actually crease the prints and it should be fine....So don't pile anything on top of them basically when putting them away. Try to fold the prints very loosely if you must fold an actual print.

As always, just my :twocents:...

Roundballer
09-18-2016, 01:47 PM
I explained this to Carl(maybe not as in depth though) but I'll reiterate it so others are in the know...

TMI , TMI! KISS. Don't fold them more than necessary.

Full disclosure: I have a poop load of experience in screen printing, embroidery, and dye sublimation....

Carl relayed as much info as I needed, he also grabbed a couple of boxes to cut up and a tub to lay them in.

Steve (?) and I folded the covers up, initially like a paper bag, so that the front and back laid flat. We then put a piece of cardboard between the layers and behind the logo and folded the outer portions on top of the logo and laid them flat in the tub.

Carl and I folded up one with just the lettering. We attempted to get them folded so that any creases would be between rows of letters and the other folds would not be sharp, but rather "rolled". We (Steve and I) folded the other the same way. Those should not be as delicate as those with multiple layers of "paint".

The BIGGEST issue will be if others will take as much care in putting them away.

AxlMyk
09-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Just a comment, we sometimes hear from people, usually in a post saying they saw the booth, but they never actually stopped to say hello-I can never figure that out-please take the time to say hello- we always like to meet members, including users of the forum & we won't put you to work!
I did that at the Mason show earlier this year. Guy looked at me like I was a turd standing on 2 popsicle sticks, and grunted something.

Samsung GS 7 using Tapatalk

Cocowheats
09-18-2016, 02:29 PM
...The BIGGEST issue will be if others will take as much care in putting them away.

Which is partly why I shared some of what I know for whomever is interested in reading it....It was a lot and probably more than anybody needs to know; understood.

The other reason that I wanted to explain so much is for knowledge in future purchases...so MGO is armed with more knowledge of what they are actually paying for. Those large prints, like the table cloths, typically cost more due to the added steps to make heat transferable images vs printing them the way the MGO shirts are done. Understanding the added steps to do heat transfers helps explain/justify the added cost of the end product.

I've had various questions through the years about printing in regards to MGO work(which I'm always happy to answer)...Just wanted everybody to be on the same page. Sorry if it was too much to take in!

I'm done boring everybody in here with printing bs..carry on. PM me if anybody has questions.

PhotoTom
09-18-2016, 03:31 PM
What about rolling them up on a cardboard tube? Would that preserve the printing?

Cocowheats
10-04-2016, 08:37 AM
What about rolling them up on a cardboard tube? Would that preserve the printing?

Sorry, hadn't seen this till now...

Yes, that would work. You'd want to use a relatively large diameter tube like 4" rather than a small diameter tube. The less the the prints are flexed the better. A larger diameter tube would have a more subtle flex.

You could back the smaller prints with cardboard and avoid folding them and then the larger ones that can't be avoided from being folded on the prints could be rolled. I'd be more worried about folding the multi color prints(the MGO 3gun logo) because they likely have overlapping layers of ink which will tend to be more "brittle" due to the ink build up from the layering. More ink layers=more brittle.