PDA

View Full Version : Nikon M308

GreaseMonkeySRT
07-13-2016, 10:29 AM
I picked up a Remington 700 Tactical for pretty cheap, and next option is obviously optics. I've really been eyeing this scope, no pun intended.

Anyone have any personal experience with this scope?

HemiChallenger
07-13-2016, 11:26 PM
If it helps I put a nikon p-22 (based on recommendations from members here) on my bolt action 22 and am very happy thus far. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend another middle of the road (price wise) nikon scope to anyone.

Ricebrnr
07-14-2016, 05:27 AM
My friend was not happy with the performance of rh P223.

bman940
07-14-2016, 09:17 AM
The M/P-308 scopes are built on Nikon's PROSTAFF and MONARCH platform's. The MONARCH has much better glass and glass coating's then the entry level PROSTAFF series. I have Nikon's M-308 scope's on my .308 AR and bolt rifles. I particularly like the BDC reticle which allows me to use Spot On to get the corresponding distances for the BDC circles. In case you are wondering how accurate it might be, I have helped guys new to the BDC reticle hit 4 inch containers of Tannerite at 600 yards. Obviously the more accurate the info you enter into Spot On the better the results downrange.
Drop me a note if you have any question's.

GreaseMonkeySRT
07-14-2016, 10:33 AM
I probably won't be able to stretch past 500 yards in Michigan, although I'd love to have the opportunity to do so and not buy a second scope.

So is it worth getting the M308 over the P308? I gotta believe it is. I've read all the tech specs between the two but don't have enough scope and long range shooting experience to really put that into real world "bang for the buck."

LokiThirteen
08-15-2016, 07:49 PM
I have the P223 and a M308, i like the monarch better, cant be real specific, it just "feels" better. If i were to buy another Nikon scope i would get the monarch over the prostaff if money isn't an issue at the time.