PDA

View Full Version : +1 for opticsplanet.com

Ibear1992
07-20-2016, 05:47 PM
Just wanted to give these guys a shout out.

I placed an order with them and selected to pay for faster shipping. However, when I actually placed the order, my shipping reverted to slower, cheaper shipping by itself. The charge was taken off of my order as well so it wasn't a big deal.

The next day i decided to inform them that their site had messed up just so they could be aware of the issue.

So I emailed them and told them what had happened. I was short, polite, and told them that it wasn't a big deal to me, I just wanted to let them know.

Well they wrote me back in less than 24 hours and not only apologized, but also gave me a 10% discount code for any future order.

I might just be easily excited, but I think that is pretty damn cool.

wizzi01
07-21-2016, 05:52 PM
You actually received product from them? I tried ordering from them 3 different times,one of those times through amazon. Every time I got an email saying the in Stock item at the time was not in stock. I just stopped trying to give them my money.

esq_stu
07-21-2016, 07:31 PM
I've had great experience with them.

1-2many
07-21-2016, 09:20 PM
You actually received product from them? I tried ordering from them 3 different times,one of those times through amazon. Every time I got an email saying the in Stock item at the time was not in stock. I just stopped trying to give them my money.

I used to order from them years ago and always got things off their site in a timely manner. The last 2-3 times (can't remember but roughly 3 years ago or so), I had the same issues. It would sometimes take a day or two for them to alert me it wasn't in stock. Instead of getting an email confirming shipment, it was telling me it wasn't available. I haven't purchased nothing from them since.

CircuitRider
07-22-2016, 05:53 AM
Same with me. I finally wound up just not considering them as an option.

Cocowheats
07-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Same with me. I finally wound up just not considering them as an option.

I have given up on them as well...I had 3 purchases in a row go bad with them and they weren't even in the same time frames.

I had been shopping with them for years and have spent thousands with them but they've dropped the ball in the past few years.

I've had wrong items shipped, items shipped in duplicates(and charged double), items that are purchased while "in stock" but then DAYS later I get an email saying they are out of stock, and I've gotten the run around once or twice from them while trying to straighten out their errors....I've given up so I spend my $ elsewhere now. It's a shame; years ago I think they might have had their **** together. Nowadays....:shrugs:

VIGILANT
07-26-2016, 06:28 PM
I've had three different orders in the last year, or so, and every time, items that were shown to be in stock, were back ordered on the order status the following day. Today, coincidentally, was one of those days...and the last one, as I won't be doing business with them again.

chosos
08-03-2016, 03:37 PM
I've given them quite a bit of money and I have been happy with each purchase through them. I've spent a boatload on high end glass, night vision, thermal, etc and even had items stolen during transit and they replaced the item without any issue.

They have some wicked savings on bundles and frequently include gift cards with purchases. +1 in my book.

Jesse Tischauser over at ar15.com is a sponsored shooter for Optics Planet. If you contact him, he generally has a stack of 10% off coupon codes for the website.

costanza
08-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Only one purchase from them, and it went smoothly. I had a few follow up questions and concerns. they were very helpful and quick to respond. I'd choose them again for an optics purchase.
Regards,
Costanza

Orcinas
08-04-2016, 03:38 PM
I have had one purchase go through with no issues but too many times "In Stock" items were put on back order, you have to email/call them to find out if it is really in stock or not.

kicker42
08-14-2016, 06:18 AM
This place loves to say" ships in 2- 10 and it takes 2 months. Beware they will sell stuff they don't have in stock and give you the run around.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Jackam
08-14-2016, 10:01 AM
I have made several orders in the last two years from Optics Planet without a single issue.
In stock, on time, priced right.