PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon MRO input

slapstick
08-05-2016, 09:10 AM
does anyone in the community own this optic and want to give feedback on how they like it? Also, comment on mount you are using and what firearm you have.

I purchased this optic without factory mount but it's on back order. It will be going on a 18" SPR I use for all long gun shooting.

rjrivero
08-05-2016, 01:18 PM
I have an MRO on my SBR. The front glass is not centered in the optic. That is normal. (They said they "tune each one" individually).

It's been sturdy and holds zero pretty well. So far so good. (It's been on there for 2 months or so).

But ironically, My 18" SPR/DMR wears a 2-10 scope. I don't think I'd put a red dot on my SPR setup. Unless of course you can convince me to.

slapstick
08-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Can't say that I could come up with a logical argument for putting a RDS on a SPR over a magnified scope! I've tried a aimpoint pro, vortex viper 1-4, and viper strike eagle 1-6 and I shot the aimpoint the best of those three. So I'm back to a RDS. I live in a metro area so my opportunities to shoot beyond 50 yards don't exist unless I travel or pay for a membership to a club. So most of my shooting is indoors. I've thought about selling my SPR but it's a DD MK12 and can't bring myself to do it. I love everything about it except that it's 7.5 lbs naked.

Shyster
08-05-2016, 06:16 PM
I have on on my suppressed 9mm SBR with an ADM QD mount. Very happy.

slapstick
08-06-2016, 07:29 AM
I have on on my suppressed 9mm SBR with an ADM QD mount. Very happy.

Why did you go with adm mount over Larue?

Shyster
08-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Why did you go with adm mount over Larue?

Larue mount wasn't out when I bought it. I'm happy with the ADM though.

no im not squinting
08-09-2016, 08:23 AM
I have one on my 14.5 spikes middy. It replaced an aimpoint micro. I found that putting the optic closer to the back up sight vs. forward at the end of the upper receiver worked best for me. The bigger fov is a big plus. There is a very slight magnification but it is not noticeable when positioned towards the rear and when running both eyes open. Finding the dot is also a lot quicker. When using the dot like a scope-with the dominant eye only-you can notice the slight magnification. The aimpoint actually has a reduction vs. a true 1x when used this way. When positioned towards the rear the housing is also less noticeable since it is substantially bigger than an aimpoint Micro. The Yeti runs his MRO this way and I can see why.

On a side note there were issues with early ones. If your serial number is above 18k you should be all set.

Functionally I feel it is a step forward from the Aimpoint Micro. Aesthetically it is a step back. Price point wise it is a steal. Trijicon has been getting a lot of my $$ lately.

slapstick
08-09-2016, 08:35 PM
I actually got cold feet and canceled my order. I kind of regret it now

no im not squinting
08-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Too bad. When going back to back between this and the micro I have on another AR I definitely prefer the MRO. The fact that it costs less and performs better is also a big plus. I may sell my Micro and get another MRO but I have other projects keeping me busy.

FowlWeather
08-10-2016, 07:09 PM
I picked up an MRO with the co-witness mount from Amazon Warehouse on Prime Day. I bought it based on the brand name without doing any online research. After placing the order, I too made the mistake of looking at online reviews. Pretty harsh reviews. Oh well, I like it. It is my first red dot sight, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it seems really good to me.

dark bronze Cerakote by Danco411

10 @ 100yds into 2.5MOA