PDA

View Full Version : lost combination

shootermike
11-01-2016, 04:15 PM
We had a death in our family, my brother. He had two Cobalt brand safes that we dont have the combination too. Anyone have suggestions ? or know of a lock smith that wont charge a arm and a leg? there are two safes. We are in the Ann Arbor area.

Thanks.
Mike

Tallbear
11-01-2016, 04:44 PM
We had a death in our family, my brother. He had two Cobalt brand safes that we dont have the combination too. Anyone have suggestions ? or know of a lock smith that wont charge a arm and a leg? there are two safes. We are in the Ann Arbor area.

Thanks.
Mike

Sorry for your lose.

Check with the manufacturer . They should be able to match the serial number to a combo.

zcolt45
11-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Cobalt safe Link (http://www.cobaltsafes.com/CM/V16/Default.aspx?PageId=5)

Contact Us
Toll Free: 888-535-2545

shootermike
11-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Thank you for the replies. I was told the Cobalt safe co. was out of business? I will call tomorrow.

pmcombs
11-15-2016, 01:29 PM
Are the dials mechanical or electric? If they are mechanical, it is very possible to manipulate them open. A decent locksmith should be able to do it, although typically they prefer to drill them to save time. Also, there are lock forums with hobbyists that can do it as well. If you found someone nearby they might be happy to do it for free!

Any decent safe is going to have a lock that the owner would change the combination to, so it is unlikely the manufacturer would have the combination.

shootermike
11-15-2016, 04:19 PM
They are mechanical, and quotes from locksmiths are crazy high. Still stumped.

zcolt45
11-15-2016, 04:49 PM
Do you have AAA insurance - it may be covered on there lock out policy!

or try the lock manufacture - possible they could help.

VIGILANT
11-15-2016, 06:53 PM
Master Safecracker 770-436-0302 Gun Safe, Fire Safe, Antique Safe ...
www.protectionlock.com/

Protection Lock offers bank vault opening, safe opening, safecracking, ATM opening, Gun safe opening, Antiqe safe opening, DOD/GSA safe opening and bank ...
Missing: ypsilanti ‎mi
safe cracker
www.thesteveslocksmith.com/safe%20cracker.html

pmcombs
11-15-2016, 11:03 PM
They are mechanical, and quotes from locksmiths are crazy high. Still stumped.

Do you know what brand the locks are? They should say S&G or possibly LaGard on the dials. My guess is that they are S&G 6730s, which are the basic combination locks and are the easiest to manipulate.

Any chance you are interested in learning manipulation yourself? It might be a fun project to work on with a son or nephew. If you are interested PM me and I can help you find some information on how to learn.

shootermike
11-29-2016, 11:12 PM
I want to give a huge recommendation to Steve's Locksmith services. He did a great job, and was quite a bit cheaper than the other quotes. He stayed until we all understood the new combinations and knew how to work the dials. Prompt, and good service at a good price, what more could you ask for. His link is in the above replies. I want to thank everyone that offered help too

Mike.

pmcombs
12-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Glad you got it open Mike.

How did they end up getting it open, manipulation or did he drill out the lock?

shootermike
12-02-2016, 09:36 PM
He pulled the dials, drilled one hole, then went in with a tiny camera scope. then plugged the hole which is behind the dial. Only marks were small scuffs on the dials. then set them to my new combinations.

Shawn1996
12-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Im dying to know what was in the safes...... please do share!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk