PDA

View Full Version : Primary Arms 3x or 5x Prism Scopes

slapstick
11-02-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm not sure I understand how these work and what the intended use is for them. They are fixed magnification I believe. They seem to be in between RDS and 1-4/1-6 scopes.

Does anyone here own one and can provide feedback on how they like this product? If you own other brands such as vortex or Burris I'd still appreciate input

tkurban53
11-02-2016, 09:42 AM
I have two Vortex 3x Spitfires on ARs and am very happy with both. They are fixed magnification. Not sure about PA's warranty, but Vortex has no questions asked, no receipt needed lifetime (though I've never used their service). My eyes aren't what they used to be (wait ... they were always bad), so I wanted some magnification. I have seen reduced pricing on slickguns.com (it's odd that sometimes slickguns.com pricing is less than going directly to a company's website.)

http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

Therealkoop
11-04-2016, 12:18 PM
These are basically ACOG equivalents. Fixed power has become less and less popular, but are pretty nice on a general use rifle. Depending on the situation they can get really slow up close compared to a red dot, but if you crank the illumination up you can use the occluded eye method to get shots on large targets easily.

Dolomite
11-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Also - PA puts 'blem' prism scopes up on eBay. There are 2.5X's going for $160.

slapstick
11-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Also - PA puts 'blem' prism scopes up on eBay. There are 2.5X's going for $160.

Could these be considered cqb options? Indoor Range plinking 50 yards and under

Therealkoop
11-09-2016, 06:05 PM
You could use it but inside of 50 yards its going to be slower than a true 1x red dot or a 1-4/6/8 variable.