PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine Shooting Sports

SevenMag
01-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Does Wolverine Shooting Sports in brownstown allow rifles on their range or just handguns. I would like to take my .223 to a indoor range as its too damn cold out for a outdoor range.
Thanks for your help

Ricebrnr
01-28-2009, 07:30 AM
yes rifles allowed in any lane

San_Marco_Training
01-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Yes, you and your rifle are welcome there. I think the boss will usually let up to a 308. No steel ammo. You can also shoot muzzleloaders.

Pistol Rates: $10 for a half hour
$13 for full hour

Rifle Rate: $15 flat fee

Second shooter on same lane is $5

21 yard
10 lanes

bring milk bones for the dog.

Howard000003
01-28-2009, 09:39 AM
So I'm compelled to ask you this San_Marco_Training, in your tag it says you have a Marshmallow Trebuchet. Please enlighten me, is this a simple trebuchet or do you set the 'mallow a flame before sending it rolling through the air? :spiral:

Joeywhat
01-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Can we bring a real trebuchet to the range :shock:

Seriously, I helped a friend build a real life sized trebuchet back in high school. We used a couple buckets filled with cement as the counter weight, and could fling rocks and bowling balls a good 100 yards. I tried to get him to attach an old diesel block for the counterweight...but he chickened out.

That would be a cool way to tear down a building...:mischeif:

San_Marco_Training
01-28-2009, 11:46 AM
It actually belongs to a friend of mine. I borrow it every now and then. About a foot and a half high, this thing will launch a marshmallow across the yard. Not as fun as the potato launcher, but safe around the kids.
I think he bought it at the renaissance festival. It looks like the traditional wooden trebuchet of ye olde times! As for the range, maybe we will build one in the back yard this spring.. hmmmmm