PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Lease in Arenac / Iosco County

cdksorensen
01-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Responsible hunter looking for hunting lease for 2017 archery deer season, l have cottage in AuGres area but no land. Will pay top $$

Jackam
01-03-2017, 12:42 AM
What's top dollar for 40 primo acres these days?

mikethepike
01-04-2017, 08:41 PM
2500 is top dollar

Sledhead
01-04-2017, 08:45 PM
I know a guy...

Look at post Five

Jackam
01-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Sledhead will lease you his neighbors property during bow season.

You trying to lower my bottom line?

Sledhead
01-04-2017, 08:49 PM
See ^^^^

Jackam
01-04-2017, 10:20 PM
See ^^^^

Sheese!

Sledhead
01-05-2017, 07:27 AM
That post said something else. But I edited it before you saw it.

Edit. Maybe you did see it.

Yes. My neighbor does have a nice 80 I'll lease you. Cash only.

Sledhead
01-06-2017, 12:51 PM
For 2500 I'm sure my dad would lease his dead 80 in Isoco. Average shots are from 100-300 yards, trick shot for a bow.

mikeb32
01-06-2017, 01:10 PM
So, did we lease Jacks land yet?

Jackam
01-07-2017, 02:09 PM
So, did we lease Jacks land yet?

8500 is top dollar

Still up for grabs. 7500 and you could be Camp Coonskins Grand Poohbah for 2017.

Jackam
01-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Responsible hunter looking for hunting lease for 2017 archery deer season, l have cottage in AuGres area but no land. Will pay top $$

I used to advertise every year for a parent and child to come up and hunt my property. What a disaster. People are just plain weird. Many applied, lots of sad stories, and those that I picked were all excited. Most never showed each year. The one time that someone did show, it was from a post here - someone with one post (and that one post was looking for a place to hunt.)

I guess it's worth a try - join a forum and throw it out there with your one post.

I don't see it happening, but time will tell.
Good luck.

mikethepike
01-08-2017, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=Jackam;2871809]I used to advertise every year for a parent and child to come up and hunt my property. What a disaster. People are just plain weird. Many applied, lots of sad stories, and those that I picked were all excited. Most never showed each year. The one time that someone did show, it was from a post here - someone with one post (and that one post was looking for a place to hunt.)

WHOA WHOA WHOA...are you calling me weird?????.

Jackam
01-10-2017, 01:24 AM
WHOA WHOA WHOA...are you calling me weird?????.

I didn't see any weirdness in you, outside of the fact I have yet to taste some of that delicious jerky when we get together!
You're on the permanent guest list so if you get weird I'll have to figure something out. Maybe make you sleep outside!

mikeb32
01-10-2017, 01:27 AM
I didn't see any weirdness in you, outside of the fact I have yet to taste some of that delicious jerky when we get together!
You're on the permanent guest list so if you get weird I'll have to figure something out. Maybe make you sleep outside!

Whoa.....and you wanted me to go hunting with you guys......I would have felt like a 3rd wheel!!!

Jackam
01-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Whoa.....and you wanted me to go hunting with you guys......I would have felt like a 3rd wheel!!!

Naw man - it's not like that at all. EVERYONE is made to feel welcome! :D

mikethepike
01-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Just bring something to pass ...like jerky, Gentleman Jack or pick up the bar tab. Jack likes pizza!!!

cdksorensen
01-26-2017, 11:34 PM
Worth a try anyway, thanks for the comedy Jackam, didn't know i needed 10,000 posts and full membership to see whats out there, I certainly feel welcomed though, best of luck on that new water main!

Sledhead
01-27-2017, 10:15 AM
If you know Arenac County I can point you in the right direction. I know of a couple chunks of land that are only hunted by a few because the DNR put up a gates years ago and you have to walk.

Another that was cut that could be good in the next year.

All within five miles of each. Mostly Arenac township, some in AuGres. Then Mason has a lot as well.

Your best bet would be to get an updated plat book.

Isoco, I've only hunted Albaster swamp. It was great, three of us had a couple hundred acres for years then wham. Idiots showed up in droves. Haven't hunted state land since, all private now.

Jackam
01-27-2017, 06:47 PM
didn't know i needed 10,000 posts and full membership to see whats out there, I certainly feel welcomed though

Nah, you don't. I just didn't have the greatest luck with the last one post drive by-er.

Stick around, there's bound to be things that interest you here!

Maybe we can meet up next season and you can be my guest for a weekend.

cdksorensen
01-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Thanks Sledhead, i think i know the spots your mentioning, i have hit most state/county in and around AuGres over last 20 years, finally in a good $ spot to look for lease, figured i would try a post. Really want a spot to set up and monitor with tree cams etc. Tired of worrying about my gear on public land, too many punks looking to steal these days.

cdksorensen
01-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Thanks Jackam, that would be great, always looking for a good spot for my 14 year old son during youth hunt or any weekend in October, #weekendwarrior
Appreciate the optimism!

Jackam
01-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Thanks Jackam, that would be great, always looking for a good spot for my 14 year old son during youth hunt or any weekend in October, #weekendwarrior
Appreciate the optimism!

I am ALL ABOUT that 14 year old hunting! (I hope he doesn't shoot a crossbow.)

We can make this happen.
He'll see deer. Make sure he's practiced up so his aim is true :)

Jackam
01-29-2017, 12:54 PM
or any weekend in October, #weekendwarrior

My sons are both grown. One works in Minnesota and rarely has a chance to hunt here. The other is going to school in the Soo and gets MAYBE a weekend to bow hunt. We used to be the weekend warriors. 11 years worth of it between the two boys.

We'd arrive late Friday afternoon. School got out and I'd be all packed. We'd hustle up and be in the stands a bit later than I wanted, but we'd still have two hours to hunt and it was better than waiting.
That night we would unpack and settle in for the weekend.
Sunday night would see us hunt the evening hunt and then pack up what wasn't already packed (which seemed to take an hour or more.) We'd grab a pizza at BC pizza in Pinconning for the ride home.

One Sunday we got stopped by the DNR on the way out of the woods in the truck. They were suspicious that we were leaving the woods so late. They gave us the third degree and asked to look in the truck (which I declined.) They peered through the windows of the extended cab with their flashlights anyway, checked my son's 3 foot long strip of hunting licenses (we told him that he had missed a buck tonight and had to make sure there was no blood, so I guess that's why they wanted to see his and not mine.)

I'd do each and every mile again if I could. The hours spent with those boys were priceless. I sure miss them now.

cdksorensen
02-04-2017, 09:28 PM
I am the weekend warrior in October, he has school, i usually head up Friday mornings and hit the Huron nationa by afternoon, the Saturdays and head homel, i have a spot been hunting for 20 years, he doesn't like it because its slow, dont see too many deer, so has really only hunted during youth hunt and over thanksgiving on a neighbors land when we have an invite, we usually use my rifle.
I do use a crossbow, my shoulders are shot from 30 years of hockey, used to pull a bow, but just cannot hold it steady, but deadly with crossbow, all about a quick clean kill.
It would be great to talk with you sometime, shoot me an email and i will give you my number dinosracing22@yahoo.com

greenthumb
08-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Are you still considering leasing land for hunting season - 2017 ?

How do you hunt ? Hunting alone ? I'll probably have more questions.

I am just beginning to consider leasing my land.

I would reserve the right for myself and 1 friend to hunt Opening Day, possibly day 2 if weather was appealing..
I don't hunt for meat, just for the enjoyment of the outdoors. I'm older, and I just don't want to start giving up on things. When you do, then you die.
Gladwin County, Beaverton area. 40 square acres, with 1/4 mile legal road frontage.
Land is predominantly flat, but with excellent drainage, (sand, sandy loam ). About 55 % wooded ( mature trees, but mostly softwood - Popple, Red Maple, Aspen ) but with lesser quantities of White Birch, Red Oak, and young White Pine for deer cover ( 6-10' tall ) .
The rest surrounding the 40 is farmland or land that is allowed to go fallow.

I bought the parcel several years ago, have seen numerous doe, but no bucks yet. Maybe, because I walk in late, at daybreak.

Again, I'm just starting to think about leasing

Let me know your thoughts,...if you wish.
"greenthumb"

rjpipoly
09-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Hi. My name is Ron. I have a lease opportunity in Prescott, which is Ogemaw near M 55 and Henderson Lake Road. If interested please contact me at 248-229-1332.