PDA

View Full Version : 40 acres abbey point baraga county mi. Bear,moose,wolf ect

Johnsonhampfam1
03-03-2017, 01:35 PM
I recently acquired land up north, I haven't hunted it yet but the locals say it's good for deer,moose,bear. No really sure what the rate is to lease land but shoot me a text 4197874037. I won't be able to have it for lease until later this year but I'm willing to work out a deal and have papers drawn up to lock in your reservation.

Jackam
03-03-2017, 02:14 PM
sigh.....

Sledhead
03-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Can I get in on this? How's the blueberry pick'n?

mikeb32
03-03-2017, 02:46 PM
<---------Is flustering myself looking to see where Baraga County is!!

Musta Demoni
03-03-2017, 03:18 PM
Congrats on the land purchase. That's my home town. Beautiful out at the point. Stop at the Finn's bar on Skanee Rd. for some good food/drinks while you're out there.

Ran into these tracks about a year and a half ago not far from Pt. Abbaye...

Tallbear
03-03-2017, 03:37 PM
I recently acquired land up north, I haven't hunted it yet but the locals say it's good for deer,moose,bear. No really sure what the rate is to lease land but shoot me a text 4197874037. I won't be able to have it for lease until later this year but I'm willing to work out a deal and have papers drawn up to lock in your reservation.

No moose or wolf hunting yet. Should be good for bear and dear.

michpatriot
03-03-2017, 04:25 PM
My uncle has a little camp not far from the point and I have tent camped on the rocks at the end..absolutely wonderful spot. We also launched a boat off the end with 4x4 trailer setup and took a day trip to the Huron Islands, did some diving on a old shipwreck there. Bears, Yep all over the point. We actually stuck our heads in a den underneath the rootbase of some tree clump and it was fascinating to see how much they had excavated out under the ground and how clean it was in there..it was a little eerie looking in though lol. The diving trip ended with a excruciating case of swimmers itch that I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy, Lake Superior was 70degrees and everyone was saying how crazy it was to have it that warm. Any water with snails or aquatic birds can have the parasite and when it trys to penetrate your skin it leaves a little itch/welt. 5/6 days of itch like poison ivy on EVERY part of my wifes and my body. It was a real treat packing up the camp amongst the swarms of black flies. we had a 11hr drive back down state itching like craaaazzzy.

tkurban53
03-03-2017, 06:02 PM

By "dear" I'm praying that you really mean "deer". Otherwise it might not go well. lol

Roundballer
03-03-2017, 08:58 PM

By "dear" I'm praying that you really mean "deer". Otherwise it might not go well. lol
Why? Dear hunting is perfectly legal and no one is going to get in any trouble for it (as long as the hunter is not already married). And there is no license required to just hunt, or even "take" a few. The dear might want to get a license at some point, but that is nothing that the hunter could be forced into. 8)

tkurban53
03-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Why? Dear hunting is perfectly legal and no one is going to get in any trouble for it (as long as the hunter is not already married). And there is no license required to just hunt, or even "take" a few. The dear might want to get a license at some point, but that is nothing that the hunter could be forced into. 8)

Excellent reply. I stand corrected.

Johnsonhampfam1
04-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Thanks I definetly will stop by and check it out. I'm planning on going up there some time this week I know it's probably really wet but has to be better than the winter.