PDA

View Full Version : State representatives form new Second Amendment Caucus

Tallbear
03-03-2017, 05:23 PM
https://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2_0_0_1_1_AJ52imIAABa8WLnqoQNLwCQy2gA&m=YaDownload&pid=1.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeo&uploadId=aW1hZ2UwMDIuanBn

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 3, 2017

State representatives form new Second Amendment Caucus

Bipartisan group vows to protect the fundamental right to bear arms A bipartisan group of state representatives, led by co-chairs Reps. Jim Runestad, Michele Hoitenga and Scott Dianda today announced the formation of a new Second Amendment Caucus. The caucus is comprised of 42 members of the Michigan House of Representatives who are committed to defending and advancing the right to bear arms. “It’s critically important that we remain vigilant about the liberties our Founding Fathers established in the U.S. Constitution, especially the right to keep and bear arms,” said Hoitenga, R-Manton. Runestad, R-White Lake, said standing up for the Second Amendment is more important than ever. “I’m confident this group will work together to create meaningful pro-gun reforms that protect Michigan’s law-abiding gun owners from government overreach and other infringements on their Second Amendment rights,” Runestad said. “We need to take a stand against looming challenges and ensure that all law-abiding citizens continue to have the right to protect themselves,” said Dianda, D-Calumet. “I’m looking forward to taking an active role in the caucus as we share ideas about how best to stand strong in support of the Second Amendment.”

###

Christina Guenthner
Policy Communications Advisor
House Republican Caucus Services
cguenthner@house.mi.gov
Office: (517) 373-0625
Cell: (810) 407-3975

UpNorthWOLF
03-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Deeds, not words...

Leader
03-11-2017, 09:19 PM
I'll withhold judgement until I see something come out of this group.

Right now I'm not too optimistic.

DV8r
03-12-2017, 09:15 AM

Neither am I however I will be writing them and pushing "Constitutional" carry.

Will the MGO board and members write them in support of this also?

Leader
03-12-2017, 09:30 AM

Eliminate registration, duty to inform, & restrictions on transporting.

luckless
03-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Eliminate registration, duty to inform, & restrictions on transporting.

Remove mandatory minimum penalties, get CPL fingerprints out of AFIS and remove the expiration dates on training certificates. Maybe, if nothing else, all gun owners could be treated equally without regard to government employment history.

mikeb32
03-12-2017, 10:45 AM

I have had several conversations with Rep. Runestad, and have offered Our support for this endeavor.

Leader
03-12-2017, 11:14 AM
I have had several conversations with Rep. Runestad, and have offered Our support for this endeavor.

Has he told you what he is considering yet?
What would HE like to see done?

mikeb32
03-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Has he told you what he is considering yet?
What would HE like to see done?

We spoke briefly last Summer on it and also this past fall. We didn't speak on anything specific, just a conversation to let him know we were in his corner.
I think We should wait and give them some time to get the ball rolling on this and then I will request a get together with him, Keep in mind, this is in addition to his normal duties as the Representative for the White Lake area.

Draken
03-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Have they been informed we would like to see them bring the new caucus out to greet everyone at the 2A march coming up?

mikeb32
03-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Have they been informed we would like to see them bring the new caucus out to greet everyone at the 2A march coming up?

No, But Thanks We Will. I have a meeting tomorrow evening with the March Committee and I will make sure it happens!

kryl
03-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Would like to see all people taking legal RX to not be discriminated against.

Roundballer
03-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Deeds, not words...

This is were we stand right now. We have lip service that they are forming a "caucus".

There is no reason at this point to not communicate with them, but there is also no reason to blindly support them either. We need something more than a "campaign promise", we have been screwed too many times. A written statement that they will override a veto of something that WE support would be a good start, but until they introduce GOOD legislation and get it to a vote, it is all just talk. I am sick of the bills that take away more than they give, just so Snider will sign them, that has got to stop.

45 acp
03-13-2017, 01:23 PM
If they eliminate the PFZ's for everyone I would be very happy!

Tallbear
03-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Let's step back for a minute. This was a press release stating a caucus was "formed" to support our 2A rights.

They have not done anything "yet" . Have had no meetings that I'm aware of and have not written any bills "as a caucus" (all though a couple Rep. do have gun bills presented now).

Let's at least give them some time to work on a plan of action. And remember they only represent the House and not the other side of Gov't (the Senate) which all bills have to pass to get to the gov. desk.

So, if you know some pro-gun Senators that will back the gun bills we need passed, let me know so I can talk to them the next time I'm in Lansing.

Leader
03-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Let's step back for a minute. This was a press release stating a caucus was "formed" to support our 2A rights.

They have not done anything "yet" . Have had no meetings that I'm aware of and have not written any bills "as a caucus" (all though a couple Rep. do have gun bills presented now).

Let's at least give them some time to work on a plan of action. And remember they only represent the House and not the other side of Gov't (the Senate) which all bills have to pass to get to the gov. desk.

So, if you know some pro-gun Senators that will back the gun bills we need passed, let me know so I can talk to them the next time I'm in Lansing.

Ok... I'll wait.

But I won't hold my breath.

luckless
03-13-2017, 02:45 PM

I'm sure the Michigan Senate Second Amendment Caucus is eager to work with us and their counterparts in the Michigan House.

MI_XD
03-14-2017, 06:25 PM
Our Rep for Van Buren County and area came to the South Haven Rod & Gun Club monthly meeting last night and presented us with a Proclamation for being the Oldest Michigan Gun Club operating under the same name. 100 Years OLD! Was signed by Rep. Beth Griffin, Senator Tonya Schuitmaker, US Rep Freddy Upton, Brian Calley and of course Rick Snider.
Representative Griffin gave a short message about the new 2nd Amendment Caucus, and I was able to talk to her about some of the things they are looking to put forward.
Remove PFZs, Allow Concealed carry in schools but ban Open Carry in the schools, Constitutional Carry and a couple other items. I said those are a good start, BUT, many people would not go for the swapping of Concealed carry for creating the 1st Law on Open Carry!

She was texting with someone else, who is sponsoring several bills, and they commented that Snider would not sign the Remove PFZ bill, RINO that he is!
But, she will be contacting me with more detailed information of the upcoming bills, and opinions on what she should help co-sponsor. Needless to say I now have text/phone contact information for her.

Let's get everyone talking to their Reps and Senators.

luckless
03-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Our Rep for Van Buren County and area came to the South Haven Rod & Gun Club monthly meeting last night and presented us with a Proclamation for being the Oldest Michigan Gun Club operating under the same name. 100 Years OLD! Was signed by Rep. Beth Griffin, Senator Tonya Schuitmaker, US Rep Freddy Upton, Brian Calley and of course Rick Snider.
Representative Griffin gave a short message about the new 2nd Amendment Caucus, and I was able to talk to her about some of the things they are looking to put forward.
Remove PFZs, Allow Concealed carry in schools but ban Open Carry in the schools, Constitutional Carry and a couple other items. I said those are a good start, BUT, many people would not go for the swapping of Concealed carry for creating the 1st Law on Open Carry!

She was texting with someone else, who is sponsoring several bills, and they commented that Snider would not sign the Remove PFZ bill, RINO that he is!
But, she will be contacting me with more detailed information of the upcoming bills, and opinions on what she should help co-sponsor. Needless to say I now have text/phone contact information for her.

I've been telling my rep and senator that we aren't willing to throw our open carry friends under the bus. Open carry needs to be expanded, not restricted. Great job getting a dialog with her! Good luck getting her to vote 2A!

G22
03-15-2017, 07:55 AM

Agreed on not changing open carry for concealed only. A good future question would be "Who cares if Snyder veto's it"? Send it to him, MAKE him veto it and show his true colors. Then, because you have a majority of House and Senate seats (for now), have the guts to override the veto.

That's what constituents want to see, not fear of a veto.

DEVIL DOG
03-15-2017, 09:08 AM
I rarely OC around here. I will Up North sometimes. I know a lot of folks that have guns, that carry, & some that don't. I personally do not know of anyone that OC's on a regular basis. I rarely see any one OC'ing. All of these people are dead AGAINST OC in PFC's. Ask the same group about CC in PFZ's & the survey flips over 100%. Now this is just how I feel about the situation as it appears to me. I don't care if you choose to duct tape a revolver to your forehead, that your choice. When you get in these places, like The palace, or the Joe, when the event ends, you are literally ******** to bellybutton with the whole crowd. Chances of something going wrong is pretty high.

That's why they want to ADD CC & DELETE OC in PFZ's. This group in Lansing is NOT going to allow a bunch of OC'ers to just poke around in schools with guns swinging off their hip. You want to carry in schools, you want to carry at Sporting events, bars, etc? Fine, cover up & forget all of the BS about OC. Being able to OC in PFZ's is a mistake. An oversight, They want to get rid if it & allow all to carry with a CPL. We've been treading water on this issue for a long time & it's time to either sink or swim. The OC'ers will have to take a hit on this one. One more issue like those two nut bags pulled in Dearborn will put this issue over the edge.

luckless
03-15-2017, 09:39 AM
I rarely OC around here. I will Up North sometimes. I know a lot of folks that have guns, that carry, & some that don't. I personally do not know of anyone that OC's on a regular basis. I rarely see any one OC'ing. All of these people are dead AGAINST OC in PFC's. Ask the same group about CC in PFZ's & the survey flips over 100%. Now this is just how I feel about the situation as it appears to me. I don't care if you choose to duct tape a revolver to your forehead, that your choice. When you get in these places, like The palace, or the Joe, when the event ends, you are literally ******** to bellybutton with the whole crowd. Chances of something going wrong is pretty high.

That's why they want to ADD CC & DELETE OC in PFZ's. This group in Lansing is NOT going to allow a bunch of OC'ers to just poke around in schools with guns swinging off their hip. You want to carry in schools, you want to carry at Sporting events, bars, etc? Fine, cover up & forget all of the BS about OC. Being able to OC in PFZ's is a mistake. An oversight, They want to get rid if it & allow all to carry with a CPL. We've been treading water on this issue for a long time & it's time to either sink or swim. The OC'ers will have to take a hit on this one. One more issue like those two nut bags pulled in Dearborn will put this issue over the edge.

Yep, you do it right. Everyone else is full of BS.

langenc
03-15-2017, 11:32 AM

I think several of us should write and ask about CC and ask our reps why they are not on the list of members , if that is the case.
Im writing and am watching for my reps next 'open house' around the district and then see him FTF.

Copied from post #20--
Agreed on not changing open carry for concealed only. A good future question would be "Who cares if Snyder veto's it"? Send it to him, MAKE him veto it and show his true colors. Then, because you have a majority of House and Senate seats (for now), have the guts to override the veto.

That is the only way. Get his 'reaction' on record. As it is now he can make all kind of noise w/ no voting record to speak of. His party friends, the 'leadership' of the party dont want to embarass him...yuk.

Tallbear
03-15-2017, 11:47 AM

If you want Con. Carry you'll need to get a "2A caucus" in the senate support because without it's dead.

luckless
03-15-2017, 12:22 PM
If you want Con. Carry you'll need to get a "2A caucus" in the senate support because without it's dead.

I was going to ask my Senator if he would form a Second Amendment Caucus in the Senate. However it appears that the Michigan Senate already has a Second Amendment Caucus

• Chapter III
– THE LEGISLATIVE BRANCH
Michigan Manual 2015
Office:
Room 805, Farnum Building, P.O. Box 30036, Lansing, MI 48909, (517) 373-1777,
Fax: (517) 373-5871, E-Mail: senmgreen@senate.michigan.gov,
Committees:
Agriculture (Vice Chair); Appropriations (Subcommittees: Agriculture and Rural Devel-
opment (Chair); Environmental Quality (Chair); Natural Resources (Chair)); Outdoor
Recreation and Tourism
Biography:
Republican, of Mayville; born September 28, 1948; spouse, Paula; five children; member
and deacon, Juniata Baptist Church; graduate, Goodrich High School; retired with
30 years as a tool and die maker for General Motors; family farm owner and opera-
tor for seventeen years; owner of Green’s Log Rails and Custom Log Furniture,
2003 to 2011; member of the State Commission on Aging, 1991 to 1992, appointed
by Governor Engler; former aide to Senator Joel Gougeon; board member, Tuscola
County Cooperative Extension; chairman, Tuscola County Health Department; board
member, Tuscola County Community Mental Health; current board member for the
Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners and active member of the Michigan
Farm Bureau, Tuscola County Farm Bureau, Gideon’s International, National Rifle
Asso
ciation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, and Ducks Unlimited; Tuscola County
Commissioner for 8 years; co-chairman of the Michigan Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus;
member of the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses Executive Council; chair
-
man of the Senate Second Amendment Caucus; elected to the House of Representatives,
1994; elected to the State Senate, 2010 and 2014.
State Senator
MIKE GREEN
R–31st Senate District

Oh, joy!

luckless
03-15-2017, 04:06 PM
I think several of us should write and ask about CC and ask our reps why they are not on the list of members , if that is the case.
Im writing and am watching for my reps next 'open house' around the district and then see him FTF.

Copied from post #20--

That is the only way. Get his 'reaction' on record. As it is now he can make all kind of noise w/ no voting record to speak of. His party friends, the 'leadership' of the party dont want to embarass him...yuk.

Here is a list of members:

Here is the current list of members of the 2nd amendment committee:

Rep. Julie Alexander
Rep. Sue Allor
Rep. Julie Alexander
Rep. Sue Allor
Rep. Tom Barrett
Rep. Tommy Brann
Rep. Julie Calley
Rep. Edward Canfield
Rep. Lee Chatfield
Rep. John Chirkun
Rep. Triston Cole
Rep. Scott Dianda
Rep. Gary Glenn
Rep. Joseph Graves
Rep. Roger Hauck
Rep. Shane Hernandez
Rep. Michele Hoitenga
Rep. Pamela Hornberger
Rep. Gary Howell
Rep. Martin Howrylak
Rep. Holly Hughes
Rep. James Lower
Rep. Dan Lauwers
Rep. Bronna Kahle
Rep. Tim Kelly
Rep. Klint Kesto
Rep. Beau LaFave
Rep. Kim LaSata
Rep. Eric Leutheuser
Rep. Frank Liberati
Rep. Peter Lucido
Rep. Jim Lilly
Rep. Aaron Miller
Rep. Jeff Noble
Rep. John Reilly
Rep. Daire Rendon
Rep. Jim Tedder
Rep. Lana Theis
Rep. Curt VanderWall
Rep. Scott VanSingel
Rep. Hank Vaupel
Rep. Jason Wentworth
Rep. Jeff Yaroch

Reps Runestad and Hoitenga chair the committee.

I hope this is helpful!

Chris

A big "Thanks" to Representative Chatfield's office for sending me this list!

DEVIL DOG
03-15-2017, 04:08 PM
I would love to see Constitutional Carry become LAW across the whole United States. It's the way it should be. The 2DA is very clear, but after decades of BS laws clouding the issue, we are stuck with a patchwork of laws that is just mind blowing. It will just be very hard to try to change the minds of liberals that pucker at the mere sight of a gun.

I know there are some here that will beat the poor horse to death (ME) about OC. I just think we have a better chance of repealing PFZ's through CC.

luckless
03-15-2017, 04:14 PM

Yep, you do it right. Everyone else is full of BS.

I would love to see Constitutional Carry become LAW across the whole United States. It's the way it should be. The 2DA is very clear, but after decades of BS laws clouding the issue, we are stuck with a patchwork of laws that is just mind blowing. It will just be very hard to try to change the minds of liberals that pucker at the mere sight of a gun.

I know there are some here that will beat the poor horse to death (ME) about OC. I just think we have a better chance of repealing PFZ's through CC.

When I read CC I thought it was shorthand for "Concealed Carry" but, I see you mean "Constitutional Carry". Sorry, I misunderstood. I can see what you mean, now, and we really aren't that far apart.

Roundballer
03-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Here is a list of members:

I hope this is helpful!

Chris

Yes, thank you very much.

My Rep is in there, and I already know how he pays just lip service to the claims of "pro-2A" and the "My family hunts".

I won't be holding my breath! RINO!

DEVIL DOG
03-16-2017, 06:36 AM
Problem is, the dozen or so States that have "CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY", Laws on their books that have a whole bunch of PFZ's. Even Vermont has some. It is not unusual for someone to ride a horse into town while open carrying to cash a check & get some lunch in Montana, but If I did that here, there would be heads turning. That stuff is a cultural thing. Doesn't just happen overnight. I wish the hype over guns would just go away, but it will take more time.

I am an Honorable man. I am an Honest man. I passed all of the requirements to carry a concealed weapon. Now unless something happens, no one will EVER know I have a gun. That is the way it should be.

jgillmanjr
03-18-2017, 10:20 PM
The OC'ers will have to take a hit on this one.

No, I assure you we will not.

DEVIL DOG
03-18-2017, 10:36 PM
You need to start reading between the lines here. OC'ers are hurting themselves. You are the minority. My Opinion is insignificant, but there are way more against OC than for it in the general public.

Leader
03-19-2017, 05:18 AM
You need to start reading between the lines here. OC'ers are hurting themselves. You are the minority. My Opinion is insignificant, but there are way more against OC than for it in the general public.

And WAY more are for it now then just a few short years ago.

You and others have been preaching the death of open carry for as long as I can remember and it has only gotten stronger & more accepted here and in other parts of the country.

But don't let that discourage you DD keep working to restrict the 2nd amendment and maybe some day you will succeed.

DEVIL DOG
03-19-2017, 08:31 AM
Yeah, probably best that I leave you on my LIST. As usual, you are way off base & totally wrong. I have never advocated for the elimination of any part of the 2A. concerning OC. I don't have to. When you walk into a police station with guns drawn in a tactical manner,,,,,,you don't need my help. The courts are beginning to see things THEIR way. Once one school district gets to control OC, the rest will follow. These STUPID protests will be the end of your movement & it is teetering on the edge right now.

If you could take a real professional poll right now of ALL registered voters in Mi. asking them if they support 100% OC, what would you expect the outcome would be?

luckless
03-19-2017, 09:30 AM
Yeah, probably best that I leave you on my LIST. As usual, you are way off base & totally wrong. I have never advocated for the elimination of any part of the 2A. concerning OC. I don't have to. When you walk into a police station with guns drawn in a tactical manner,,,,,,you don't need my help. The courts are beginning to see things THEIR way. Once one school district gets to control OC, the rest will follow. These STUPID protests will be the end of your movement & it is teetering on the edge right now.

If you could take a real professional poll right now of ALL registered voters in Mi. asking them if they support 100% OC, what would you expect the outcome would be?
We absolutely cannot throw our open carry allies under the bus. I believe the leadership of this 2A caucus agrees with me. Plenty of us are tired of being denied, delayed and ignored because we don't belong to the right class of citizen. It is time gun owners started sticking together. Our liberal lawmakers have done a good job driving a wedge between us. Soon they will have divided us enough that we will all fall.

DEVIL DOG
03-19-2017, 11:13 AM
I am all for everything you are. My point is that the more radical OCer's are doing STUPID stuff that just feeds the far left. We will never get Con Carry as long as these idiots continue to act up. We all need to act like well mannered, civilized adults here. Not a bunch of 3 tooth bubbas in their tacti-cool gear showing up in inappropriate places. Whether you agree or not, the image is not a good one when you're trying to explain why we should be allowed to carry a gun in schools. In their eyes, if you act like a clown, look like a clown, you must be a clown. So grow up & realize, THEY call the shots. The only reason why we have the liberties we do have concerning OC is there has never been a law instigated that makes it illegal. Wouldn't be hard for THEM to change all that. Keep pushing, sooner or later they will demand that enough is enough.

Flash-hider
03-24-2017, 07:22 AM

I think you need a 2/3 majority in each chamber to over ride a governor's veto. It would be great for an over ride to happen but I don't think the numbers are there to do that.

luckless
03-24-2017, 07:34 AM
I think you need a 2/3 majority in each chamber to over ride a governor's veto. It would be great for an over ride to happen but I don't think the numbers are there to do that.

We had the numbers to override his veto for repeal of registration. And that was after he first got elected and there were fewer Dems. The problem is Senate leadership is against the repeal. That is where the bottle neck is in regards to winning our rights back. Get rid of the corks in the Senate and freedom will flow forth.

Flash-hider
03-24-2017, 09:35 AM
We had the numbers to override his veto for repeal of registration. And that was after he first got elected and there were fewer Dems. The problem is Senate leadership is against the repeal. That is where the bottle neck is in regards to winning our rights back. Get rid of the corks in the Senate and freedom will flow forth.

My response was to G22's position that you needed a simple majority to over ride a veto.

You do bring up the main choke point to any legislation which is the GOP leadership. The 2A Caucus can introduce pro-gun legislation as fast as they can write them but once they are assigned to a Committee they can fade away or if they do make it out can be stalled to never come up for a floor vote.

Jared1981
03-25-2017, 01:59 PM
The more people utlilize the registration exemption, the easier it will be to repeal the whole law. We could use all the help we can get on this.

Only 5 states register pistols and the state police went on "tour" to pimp a new "online registration system" and they were surprised by the numerous comments that they got about how bad the system it is and how the MSP shouldn't continue to support registration.

The number of gun owners and MI agencies who think registration is the norm and that it's nationwide is shocking.

Leader
03-25-2017, 02:04 PM
The more people utlilize the registration exemption, the easier it will be to repeal the whole law. We could use all the help we can get on this.

Only 5 states register pistols and the state police went on "tour" to pimp a new "online registration system" and they were surprised by the numerous comments that they got about how bad the system it is and how the MSP shouldn't continue to support registration.

The number of gun owners and MI agencies who think registration is the norm and that it's nationwide is shocking.

Only problem with that is the state has no way of knowing who doesn't register guns.

G22
03-27-2017, 08:30 AM

Then take the override out of the equation. The reps are still too afraid to even send a bill to the gov. that would force him to show his true colors. Why? They had no problem whatsoever sending controversial bills to Grandholm.

I'd much rather see them send the bills to his desk, even knowing the result, than be spineless because they know he will veto.

Want to guarantee my vote? Pass it in the House and Senate, let him RINO his way through them all.

Flash-hider
03-27-2017, 09:13 AM
Then take the override out of the equation. The reps are still too afraid to even send a bill to the gov. that would force him to show his true colors. Why? They had no problem whatsoever sending controversial bills to Grandholm.

I'd much rather see them send the bills to his desk, even knowing the result, than be spineless because they know he will veto.

Want to guarantee my vote? Pass it in the House and Senate, let him RINO his way through them all.

With the Republican's being in the majority for the past 6 years you would have thought that pro-gun legislation would have been going through the Legislature like crap thru a goose. The one thing Republicans are good at is not knowing how to govern when they are in the majority. I will bet the farm that the "D's" already have their anti-gun plan on paper and are biding their time when they are in control of all 3 levels of State government to implement them.

On a side note I'm happy to see that my Rep. belongs to the 2A caucus.

Sabertooth
05-07-2017, 04:53 PM
I rarely OC around here. I will Up North sometimes. I know a lot of folks that have guns, .

First off, this bill isn't about your ability to open carry, which by the way has been available to you since 1963 with various failed attempts to prevent you from doing so. Its primary intent is to eliminate the requirement that law abiding citizens have to pay the government in order to exercise their God given rights. Regarding the existing CPL licensing, $140 for a required pistol training course, $115 for the CPL, this is nothing more than a classic “poor tax” on low income, law abiding citizens who are being denied the right to protect themselves simply because they can’t afford this outrageous taxation. It’s about time “lawmakers” in this state recognize the futility of licensing and do away with these stupid permits which have done absolutely nothing to curb the rising violent crime in Detroit.

Your failed attempt at an argument carries as much water as all the hand wringing liberals who predicted gunfights and blood in the streets when Michigan became a shall issue state back in 2001. You claim to occasionally Open Carry while at the same time fear anyone else who chooses to open carry into a school (which by the way is LEGAL if one holds a Michigan CPL) and there has never been a violent issue here in Michigan because of it. With the lack of trust you have for the rest of us who follow the law, what makes you think we should trust YOU while YOU are openly carrying YOUR firearm?

There is nothing in the Constitutional Carry Bill that is going to increase crime that isn't already occurring in cities like Detroit among the population that already has no respect for life or your laws.

esq_stu
05-07-2017, 05:11 PM
+1 - until it results in less regulation.

Firearm safety - It's a matter for education, not legislation.

Roundballer
05-07-2017, 08:55 PM
First off, this bill isn't about your ability to open carry, which by the way has been available to you since 1963 with various failed attempts to prevent you from doing so. Its primary intent is to eliminate the requirement that law abiding citizens have to pay the government in order to exercise their God given rights. Regarding the existing CPL licensing, $140 for a required pistol training course, $115 for the CPL, this is nothing more than a classic “poor tax” on low income, law abiding citizens who are being denied the right to protect themselves simply because they can’t afford this outrageous taxation. It’s about time “lawmakers” in this state recognize the futility of licensing and do away with these stupid permits which have done absolutely nothing to curb the rising violent crime in Detroit.

Your failed attempt at an argument carries as much water as all the hand wringing liberals who predicted gunfights and blood in the streets when Michigan became a shall issue state back in 2001. You claim to occasionally Open Carry while at the same time fear anyone else who chooses to open carry into a school (which by the way is LEGAL if one holds a Michigan CPL) and there has never been a violent issue here in Michigan because of it. With the lack of trust you have for the rest of us who follow the law, what makes you think we should trust YOU while YOU are openly carrying YOUR firearm?

There is nothing in the Constitutional Carry Bill that is going to increase crime that isn't already occurring in cities like Detroit among the population that already has no respect for life or your laws.
First off, WHAT BILL?

Not a very good first post, trying to flame someone that has been here for 7 years and was just expressing an opinion on actions and consequences. Maybe you should go to the Introductions (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?154-Introductions) area and tell us a little about yourself.