PDA

View Full Version : STEELHEAD FISHING

POLISHALE
02-04-2009, 12:29 PM
any of you guys fish for chromers? i went down to flatrock yesterday, figured i would get the line wet and float some wax worms. no luck. still a few feet of shelf ice off the bank. their were a few guys fishing.

who dat
02-04-2009, 12:33 PM
any of you guys fish for chromers? i went down to flatrock yesterday, figured i would get the line wet and float some wax worms. no luck. still a few feet of shelf ice off the bank. their were a few guys fishing.
In the spring usually. Flies on the Pere Marquette.

POLISHALE
02-04-2009, 01:01 PM
good report
http://www.schmidtoutfitters.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=196

Rugergirl
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Never tried it, yet. I'm chomping at the bit for Catch & Release Bass season. Can't get here fast enough for me.

POLISHALE
02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Never tried it, yet. I'm chomping at the bit for Catch & Release Bass season. Can't get here fast enough for me.

we used to do a bass tourney every tuesday out at belleville lake. nothing like a little hydro therapy after work.

Rugergirl
02-04-2009, 03:02 PM
You've got to try fishing Lake St Clair in the spring 50 fish days are the norm, I've eeven had a couple 100+ days. And my first 6 pounder last year. Shooting for a 7 this year.

POLISHALE
02-04-2009, 03:08 PM
never fished up there in the sumer, went ice fishing out at anchor bay when i was a kid...

Sigman
02-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I usually fish the St. Joseph river starting in March. Get a few Browns too. Using chunks of cured roe, just lay it behind the boat on a three way swivel with a sinker and put it in the rod holders. And when the spring run of Cohos start I will go out of the river into lake Michigan. And fish for those. A lot easier to catch too. Those 3lb spring Cohos are hard to beat for salmon/trout on the table.

who dat
02-04-2009, 04:14 PM
What else would you do with bass? Oh, yeah, fertilizer.

:hide:

rustyreel
02-04-2009, 04:50 PM
ludington for kings,and steelhead. may to oct. th:cheers: :cheers: e norm is 3 weekends out of 4. also do the gander mt. in july. a full week of serious fishing. tournament is thurs,thru sun. almost forgot, more then a few cold ones.

POLISHALE
03-05-2009, 03:41 PM
looks like this might be the weekend.... anyone going fishing? im going to try and make in down to Flatrock sunday morning. lets see what the water temp is going to be.

appliancebrad
03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I usually fish the flies stretch of the PM. We've been known to run up to Wellston and fish the Big Manistee. Probably head up around the 10th of April.

rustyreel
03-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I usually fish the flies stretch of the PM. We've been known to run up to Wellston and fish the Big Manistee. Probably head up around the 10th of April.

ever try the tubes on the little manistee near stronach. used to be great in the spring for s/h

who dat
03-05-2009, 05:40 PM
ever try the tubes on the little manistee near stronach. used to be great in the spring for s/h
Culvert fishin'? Lots of steelies in those tubes.

rustyreel
03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Culvert fishin'? Lots of steelies in those tubes.

down stream from the tubes, you can see them comming at you. was a locoal up there would lay on the down stream side w/ a big trebble hook an a coat hanger and gaff them at night. happy to say he got caught. i believe it's cematary road off old stonach rd. so. of 55.

appliancebrad
03-06-2009, 05:52 PM

Shhhhhhhh. John Volker wrote about kiss and tell fishermen.

who dat
03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Shhhhhhhh. John Volker wrote about kiss and tell fishermen.
It's OK. I memorized the message and ate it.

Toledo Kid
03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
any of you guys fish for chromers? i went down to flatrock yesterday, figured i would get the line wet and float some wax worms. no luck. still a few feet of shelf ice off the bank. their were a few guys fishing.Was down there looking last weekend few fishing no luck tho :shake:

POLISHALE
03-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Was down there looking last weekend few fishing no luck tho :shake:

i bet it will be hot in a few more weeks. i got my first one last year April second, down by the golf crossing in Rockwood.

Just A Girl
03-06-2009, 09:05 PM
At the gas station getting coffee this morning . . 10 year old wearing waders comes in . . I tell him how cool his dad must be for getting him out of school to take him fishing . .

Turns out the teachers have an InService day or something.

Kid tells me they pulled 3 out yesterday and hope to do the same today.
I stopped by the dam in Rockford to check things out . . lots of fishermen, some fish.

rustyreel
03-06-2009, 09:57 PM
as i don't fish the streams any more, i don't think of it as fish and tell. just letting another angler have my spot.
now out on lk.michigan it's another story. nothing over the radio, just cell phone and direct connect.:gossip:

jklund38
03-11-2009, 08:18 AM
There are a ton of guys fishing the grand river right now, downtown Grand Rapids. But with all of this rain it will be unfishable for a few days.

jmlefler
03-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Good PM update site:

fishbaldwin.com

and

thesteelheadsite.com

Carry on

Toledo Kid
03-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Good PM update site:

fishbaldwin.com

and