PDA

View Full Version : Handgun safe

Gibsond89
03-13-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm looking for a safe for 5 or 6 handguns and ammo. I can't seem to
Find one anywhere. Any suggestions would be great.

VIGILANT
03-13-2017, 05:20 PM
What level of security do you require? Just keeping the kids out, or a determined thief? How do you plan to secure the safe itself, so someone doesn't just steal the whole safe? Do you require protection from fire?

AxlMyk
03-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Must not be looking very hard.

A few things to try.
Download and install "Search Tempest" to your computer. Set up a search for a safe that is to your liking.
On Facebook, there are many Buy and Sell groups.
On a smart phone, install the cPro app for Craigslist. Set up a search the way you want.

Gibsond89
03-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll do that.

alfredturner
05-27-2017, 04:55 AM
Hi, you can check the sites like Championsafe, Cannonsafe, Global Safe Corporation (https://hotelsafes.com/15-laptop-safes/), Libertysafe are few safes manufacturing companies available in the market. There you can get compact or laptop safes or big wall safes too.

dave7120
06-07-2017, 10:13 PM
don't go small, if anything go with one that holds an extra gun or 2 more than you want!

JohnZ
07-04-2017, 09:25 AM
I searched on Amazon for handgun safes, and found enough of them to keep me busy for two days evaluating their pricing, freight arrangements, and capacity. Finally settled on a Mesa Safe Co. 6.5 cubic foot model with internal power (for lights, dehumidifier, etc.), 40" H x 22" W x 22" D, 340 pounds, all carpeted inside, with two removable shelves. Available with an electronic lock (you can change the default combination to anything you like) or with a traditional mechanical combination lock (which you can't change). Mesa model #FBM-3820-E (electronic), purchased from IndustrialSupplies.com, $810.00 including truck shipping.

I have about a dozen handguns, and the 6.5 cubic foot model works out just right.

I'd post pictures, but I guess I have to have more posts to be eligible.

JohnZ
07-17-2017, 02:27 PM
I think I have enough posts now - here are photos of the Mesa Safe discussed in my previous post.575185751757516

coreysmith
10-22-2017, 06:00 AM
What type of safes you are looking for?

There are lots of gun safes in the market. Some of them are-
1. Fireproof gun safe
2. Biometric gun safe
3. Waterproof safe
4. In-wall safe
5. Hidden safe
6. Car gun safe
7. Under bed gun safe
8. Heavy duty gun safe
9. Corner safes
10. Nightstand safes etc.

So at first you have to choose the type of safe. Hope you will understand.

SpartanShield
01-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Im interested in a biometric handgun safe for bedside.....any suggestions ?

NtheD_78
01-20-2018, 12:15 AM
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I have a portable handgun safe that I'd like to sell. Where would be a good place to post a for sale ad? Prefer not to go the CL route. TIA

VIGILANT
01-20-2018, 10:36 PM
Below are to companies that sell 'real' safes. Avoid the junk sold at gun stores, sporting goods, big box stores etc. Stick to mechanical combination locks, not the fancy push-button electronic locks, and especially any that rely on biometrics alone.

METRO SAFE
30845 John R Rd
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Telephone: 248-585-7230

AARON'S LOCK & KEY, INC
30870 John R @ 13 Mile Road
Madison Heights, MI 48071
248-589-0330

Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Jimmy L. Mowry
jimmy@aaronslockandkey.com

Some Donkus
01-21-2018, 12:09 AM
I am waiting for THIS SAFE (https://smile.amazon.com/Stack-TC-16-GB-K-DS-Tactical-Security-Cabinet/dp/B00IT4YIWU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1516511090&sr=8-7&keywords=stack-on) and two of THESE (https://smile.amazon.com/Stack-SPAPR-1504-Deluxe-4-Position-Pistol/dp/B015YAVGQC/ref=lp_2601204011_1_5?srs=2601204011&ie=UTF8&qid=1516511156&sr=8-5) to be delivered. Once I get it installed, I'll let you know how I like it.

Now for a side question. I know this cabinet isn't really going to prevent theft by anyone who really wants in, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it more difficult, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not trying to rebuild an entire wall or anything extreme, but I'm not opposed to bolting it into some studs or something. I don't know... thoughts?

Update: The stack-on cabinet is ... Not great, to say the least. First shipment came without keys, and the cabinet was beat to all hell, very large/deep dents in multiple places. Fortunately, Amazon has the most amazing return system ever. They sent me a new one before I even shipped the first one back, no fuss. The second shipment was better. Has keys, but still had one small dent in the sidewall. Decided to keep it (smoothed it out with a hammer+2x4). Assembly was an absolute nightmare, and I didn't leave the battle unbloodied. Even following the directions carefully, it was vague as to the proper assembly of the modular aspects.

I'm keeping it, but I added my own hooks to the innards and it now serves strictly as a locker for my ballistic vests and general accessories.
Instead, I picked up a Sports Afield EA03 (HERE (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amazon.com/Sports-Afield-SA-ES03-Home-Office/dp/B06Y1M7D7B&ved=2ahUKEwjF7u7wgYnZAhVL2IMKHQP6BFcQFjAAegQIERAB&usg=AOvVaw1Q6e5Q3zCdhsMrsQhhmun4)) and used two of the stack on pistol racks. Works fantastic as a handgun vault. The stack on racks hold even my two .50 DEs without issue.

ussiso
05-14-2018, 07:47 AM
haven't seen a quick access safe for three pistols. My suggestion would be two safes. One small quick access safe like the ones made by gunvault kept nearby affixed to furniture to dissuade theft.

I would then get a second, more durable slightly larger closet safe (also mounted). I used a rotary combination fire safe made by sentry intended for documents found at Home Depot. Given limited space and budget, that's how I'd roll.

Frlall
06-19-2018, 02:16 AM
I have two home thiefts in my lifetime .It's not a good experience to arive to your home and find out you have been broken into. Both times it was someone I knew .First wives cousins, second time neighbor . Only one pistol survied each time a ruger security six .It was stashed in a shoe box both times. NO ONE knows what I have .I have a gun safe Barska https://secretstorages.com/best-gun-safe-under-1000/ (HOME SECURITY CONTAINER) Everything is scattered all over the home in the wifes shoe boxes . Out of sight out of mind.

Some Donkus
06-20-2018, 07:50 AM
I have two home thiefts in my lifetime .It's not a good experience to arive to your home and find out you have been broken into. Both times it was someone I knew .First wives cousins, second time neighbor . Only one pistol survied each time a ruger security six .It was stashed in a shoe box both times. NO ONE knows what I have .I have a safe (HOME SECURITY CONTAINER) Everything is scattered all over the home in the wifes shoe boxes . Out of sight out of mind.

Good idea for those of us without an FFL. Drop Down ceilings work well too...