PDA

View Full Version : HB 4554 firearm registration

Tallbear
05-03-2017, 06:24 AM
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2017-HB-4554
Weapons; concealed; entering a pistol in the pistol entry database; allow. Amends secs. 2 & 2a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.422 & 28.422a).
Last Action: 5/2/2017 referred to Committee on Judiciary

Roundballer
05-03-2017, 11:36 AM
All in all, not a bad bill.

Pro:
Removal or the requirement and the associated penalty to turn in the MSP copy of the RI-010 or RI-060 after the completion of the transfer.
Addition of language that the MSP shall remove an individuals' records from the database upon request and give written notification of completion.
Remove any option to not issue an RI-010, as in "A licensing authority shall issue a license" and force them to sign the applications as "The licensing authority shall sign any license issued under this section."

Con:
Missing the perfect opportunity to remove the "under oath" language that forces the Notary on the RI-010.
Changing the SHALL to MAY for requests to provide printouts of individuals' records from the database.

A bill worth our support.

Leader
05-03-2017, 06:05 PM
WOW....

Too many good bills, whats going on here?

Well if it doesn't get messed up in comity, the Governor surely won't sign it.

luckless
05-03-2017, 06:43 PM
WOW....

Too many good bills, whats going on here?

Well if it doesn't get messed up in comity, the Governor surely won't sign it.

Maybe Calley will sign it while the Governor is on some junket to China. He might like to do one conservative thing before the primaries.

Vic103
05-05-2017, 03:53 AM
I see all these bills introduced. When do they actually get voted on?

luckless
05-05-2017, 05:45 AM
I see all these bills introduced. When do they actually get voted on?

You can use the link provided in th OP to track the bill's progress. This one is in the house judiciary committee. If your state rep is on that committee, call his office and ask them while voicing your support for this bill. You may want to contact the chairman of the committee if your rep isn't on it.

Joe Carrier
04-29-2018, 04:29 AM
we need to vote for a candidate that will

LivinTheDream
04-30-2018, 10:16 AM
You can use the link provided in th OP to track the bill's progress. This one is in the house judiciary committee. If your state rep is on that committee, call his office and ask them while voicing your support for this bill. You may want to contact the chairman of the committee if your rep isn't on it.

https://www.bridgemi.com/public-sector/status-39-gun-bills-michigan-legislature

langenc
05-01-2018, 08:04 AM
I mentioned getting rid or registration yesterday to my rep. I dont think he even heard me.

One other gentleman who stopped to see him asked about all the water Nestle was taking and selling. He talked for 10+ min on that subject.

10x25mm
06-07-2018, 05:10 AM
Republican Senator Rick Jones introduced his version of pistol purchase legislation yesterday: SB 1048 (https://legislature.mi.gov/(S(wcgxuueiswozbpp5pfvf2tej))/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2018-SB-1048&query=on). Jones requires all sellers to:

.....electronically submit, at the time of the sale or transfer, a record of the sale or transfer to the Department of State Police, in a manner prescribed by the Department of State Police. The record must include all of the information required in subsection (2) for each pistol sale or transfer submitted....

Senator Jones probably should entitle this legislation: "The Widows and Heirs Incarceration Act". While a conventional pistol seller will probably know enough to comply, blue haired 80 somethings selling their late spouses' pistols will find their new responsibility daunting. Many are still not on line.

Leader
06-07-2018, 06:42 AM
Republican Senator Rick Jones introduced his version of pistol purchase legislation yesterday: SB 1048 (https://legislature.mi.gov/(S(wcgxuueiswozbpp5pfvf2tej))/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2018-SB-1048&query=on). Jones requires all sellers to:

Senator Jones probably should entitle this legislation: "The Widows and Heirs Incarceration Act". While a conventional pistol seller will probably know enough to comply, blue haired 80 somethings selling their late spouses' pistols will find their new responsibility daunting. Many are still not on line.

Has Senator Jones ever answered the question "What does registration accomplish?"
"How does it prevent/reduce/solve crime?"

luckless
06-07-2018, 07:01 AM
Has Senator Jones ever answered the question "What does registration accomplish?"
"How does it prevent/reduce/solve crime?"

Senator Jones doesn't care about you or your questions.

kryl
06-29-2018, 09:23 PM
Senator Jones doesn't care about you or your questions.

I'll give him a chance. I went to his web page and asked. I am not holding my breath.