PDA

View Full Version : Glass for a M96-1908 Swedish Mauser

Mkc451
06-19-2017, 10:47 PM
Got a real nice shooting M96-1908, it's not all matching numbers but the price was right and it shoots great. Now unfortunately it will reach out 500m(and further), but my 59yo eyes just won't anymore. Recommendations for mounts & glass. I have a Zeiss MC Conquest 4.5-14x40 that I could put on it. It's not a collectors item so drilling for mounts is not out of the question, is that the best choice? I do have bent bolt on it so I should get clearance.

I know they make mount kits that use the rear ladder sight for mounting but I a not really looking for Scout type setup. I also have to wonder how solid they are. I am not adverse to using a better piece of glass either. I have access to 750m or better private location to play with.

Ol` Joe
06-20-2017, 10:44 AM
I had one years ago that I put a Burris 3x9x40 on with Redfield mounts IIRC. I don't know why your Ziess wouldn't work as well or better.
Dick Williams drilled and tapped it for me, added a low swing Buehler safety, and touched up the trigger. It shot very well for a Mil-Surp rifle

DirtyPlunger
08-16-2017, 08:17 AM
Swedish Mauser has always been a rifle I wanted.