PDA

View Full Version : SCAR-17 FDE - Serial # HC19882 Stolen from FedEx | Used | Canton Clownship, Wayne | $3,000.00

TargetSpecials
08-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Item is
Used Title
SCAR-17 FDE - Serial # HC19882 Stolen from FedEx Preferred Contact Method Private Message (PM)

Phone Number
- Email Address
- City/Twp or County
Canton Clownship, Wayne Price or Trade Value
$3,000.00 Open to Trades?
No Caliber(s)
7.62x51 mm aka .308 WIN Description
Advance apologies if this is the wrong forum to post, but since I couldn’t find a Stolen Firearm Section so I thought this would be the next best venue to post and hopefully bring awareness to fellow MGO members being offered the “deal of their lifetime.”

My SCAR-17 FDE Serial # HC19882 was stolen while in transit via FedEx from Romulus, MI to FNH Service in Columbia SC. Two key identification traits: Both the PWS muzzle brake and the bar coded serial number sticker have been removed.

The carbine was being sent back to FNH for repair via a FNH issued shipping label. The package was dropped off at FedEx shipping center in Romulus, MI on 07-25-2017 @ 9:45 AM and arrived at FNH Service in Columbia, SC on 07-27-2017 @ 11:05 AM. While in FedEx custody, the perpetrator(s) removed the firearm from inner box, re-inserted the inner box, and re-sealed the outer protective box.
IMHO, the theft occurred at the Romulus, MI facility since the package was there from 9:45 AM until 5:00 PM which left ample time for the perpetrator(s) to complete the misdeed.

I’d be grateful if everyone can lend their eyes in identifying the perpetrator(s) and at least keep an eye out for illicit arms trades. Thank you.
Have you reviewed the Marketplace Rules?
Yes Do you understand the bump/repost rules?
Yes

PhotoTom
08-18-2017, 07:08 AM
Moved to new "Stolen Firearms" forum.

-Admin

hunterspirit
08-18-2017, 07:33 AM
FNH should make you "whole". That is after 12 business days or so................

Good Luck and much patience

tenthumbs
08-18-2017, 07:44 AM
Moved to new "Stolen Firearms" forum.

-Admin

Thanks Tom!:salute:

This is a great idea for a sub forum...I just hope it doesn't get many posts.

Gun.bro
08-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Sad part is that these guns will most likely pop up in a different state, I have heard of gun stores being robbed and guns end up in miami or some big city a long ways away.. :evil:

JDG
08-20-2017, 07:21 AM
Sorry for your bad luck! And great idea on a sum forum!! I'd register on hotgunz, list it there too.
http://www.hotgunz.com/

TargetSpecials
09-07-2017, 08:31 AM
FNH should make you "whole". That is after 12 business days or so................

Good Luck and much patience

Dealing with FNH is by far worse than I ever anticipated: They wouldn't answer e-mails nor return phone calls, not sure if FNH ever filed any claim report with FedEx either... As they have procrastinated the case for over 6 weeks, I'm now looking into the litigation option -- seems to be the only way to get any restitution. Just stupid.

Thrindle
09-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Did you file a report with the ATF?

TargetSpecials
09-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Did you file a report with the ATF?
The Detroit ATF office phone was "busy" from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM. The agents must have been really "busy" answering calls morning to night.
Submitted a Form 3310.6 Interstate Firearm Shipment loss/Theft Report -- they actually have a form which means this happens more often than one would think -- and actually got a confirmation within 20 minutes.

mikeb32
09-17-2017, 10:55 PM
The Detroit ATF office phone was "busy" from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM. The agents must have been really "busy" answering calls morning to night.
Submitted a Form 3310.6 Interstate Firearm Shipment loss/Theft Report -- they actually have a form which means this happens more often than one would think -- and actually got a confirmation within 20 minutes.

I was hoping that you would have gotten better cooperation!!......But Government is Government, I guess!

mofeen
11-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Did FN help you with replacement?

10mmMan
06-25-2019, 07:02 PM
Not sure if this was resolved but I had a guy offer one as trade on armslist. He then backed out and not long later the listing was flagged as fraudulent. I will say the photo he sent me it had a box and the original muzzle break.

Bigprintz
07-20-2019, 06:58 AM
Sorry for your bad luck! And great idea on a sum forum!! I'd register on hotgunz, list it there too.
http://www.hotgunz.com/

Wonderful advice.. I just bookmarked that site. I hope i never have to use it or i might go Billy from Predator.

chosos
10-16-2020, 12:04 PM
not related, but I've also had some issues getting FNH / Browning to resolve issues. They once sent me a FA lower instead of a SA lower for a SCAR that I sold and the new buyer thought it was an NFA item and torched it, literally.
I ended up posting about it and contacted the PR ppl at FNH and it went nowhere. A distributor ended up resolving the issue on FNH's behalf...

https://www.fnforum.net/threads/fnh-customer-service-they-sent-me-a-full-auto-lower-instead-of-a-semi-auto.62961/

They lost me as a customer when that happened. I really hope you're able to get some resolution or an insurance claim.