PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a range finder

MINISFORME
09-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Have decided to buy a range finder. Mainly for deer hunting and shooting at ranges up to 400 yards...Especially want it for bow hunting. Am willing to spend $350 tops.
Any suggestions?

M.Schmitz87
09-09-2017, 06:35 PM
I made a good deal at dicks one day. I bought the floor model on clearance, they couldnt find the box so the manager gave me another 30% off and at put a new set of batteries in.
Make sure that it is specifically for bowhunting. That way it calculates elevation/angle from the treestand.

Double_Tap
09-09-2017, 07:00 PM
This is what I have been using for a couple years. It works well and has some nice features for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AMPJU4K/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505001469&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=bushnell+scout+dx&dpPl=1&dpID=51BnbVM4raL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

xtrema312
09-16-2017, 10:25 PM
Look at features and reviews with side by side tests. Low light, rain and fog performance is important for bowhunting much more than for gun hunting. You won't even see a deer in those kinds of conditions at a range that you need to Rangefinder for for gun. Whole different story for bowhunting. I personally don't see a big meed for the true distance angle stuff. It's nice, but I don't hunt so high off the ground that it really makes much more than a yard two difference at the range bow hunting shots are reasonable around here. I know that, and I can can compensate for that. Now if I was trying to make a 60-yard shot out west on side of a mountain, different deal. Look at warrantee info. Many don't offer much and the go bad on you. I am on my last Bushnell. I had one I really liked a lot and they wouldn't even work on it on head problems. The replace when I got acts up off and on. My next one's going to have a lifetime warranty in addition to having good reviews and performance. Might as well get one they will stand behind and by once.

MINISFORME
09-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Ended up buying a NIKON 7i about a week ago. So far I like it............have the 30 acre field all ranged for rifle season coming up. Will be using it for bow hunting starting Oct 1st!!!