PDA

View Full Version : Polytech sks

Glock94
10-17-2017, 06:56 PM
I have been told that the polytech sks is a hunter but looking at the pictures online and the rifle my uncle has his says polytech on the gun all numbers matching but looks nothing like the polytech Hunter I see for sale online anyone know more about those particular rifles?

His sks doesn't say hunter on it the magazine is not flush with the stock it looks just like the yugo and Norinco sks rifles I see at my lgs all the time

Mark AP
10-17-2017, 07:03 PM
I do. Send me a few photos.

Glock94
10-18-2017, 05:11 PM
I will ask him to send me a few I am out of town for work

dirtmcgirt76239
11-22-2017, 07:24 PM
I have a norinco 1950s or 60s sks, I got in the 90s, I put a 5 round custom hinged floor plate on it.

Is it possible he has something like that. It allowed me to use it for hunting.

john.41
11-23-2017, 10:36 AM
I have been told that the polytech sks is a hunter but looking at the pictures online and the rifle my uncle has his says polytech on the gun all numbers matching but looks nothing like the polytech Hunter I see for sale online anyone know more about those particular rifles?

His sks doesn't say hunter on it the magazine is not flush with the stock it looks just like the yugo and Norinco sks rifles I see at my lgs all the time

This link should show a rifle like your uncles. 20" barrel & spike bayonet. Left side reads: SKS 7.62x39 Made in China by Norinco Poly USA ATL GA.
Poly was an import company when these rifles came into the country, more than 25 years ago.
It is an early import Chinese Type 56 SKS, nice rifle, but before Poly Technologies started putting together their own rifles, I believe.

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/pictures.cfm?i=13369308