PDA

View Full Version : Livingston County Area - 2018 Archery Deer Lease

Musta Demoni
11-27-2017, 09:07 AM
I know this is a long shot, but I'll just put it out there. I have land that I can hunt on but it's a far drive from my home in Hartland and since we have now 2 little babies in the house, it's been difficult for me to find the time to get to these locations. The wife can only tolerate so much. :(

I'm looking to find any possible lease options for 2018 (and beyond) close to the Hartland/Howell area (within 30'ish minutes) for archery deer hunting. It doesn't have to be Livingston county.

I'm an experienced hunter and am willing to submit to background check, references, lease waiver, etc. I'd also be willing to put up treestands and/or blinds that you or the owner(s) can use as well. I'd just leave them on your property. Also willing to help any new hunters/kids.

Anyway like I said, I know it's a long shot, but just wanted to put this out there. I'd really like to be able to bow hunt a bit closer to home, at least until the kids are a bit older.

Thanks in advance.

Leader
11-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Have you considered hunting the state land around here?

Musta Demoni
11-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Have you considered hunting the state land around here?

Yes, I have considered that and I need to do my homework to see what's all available. Then, to go a step further, I need to visit these areas and do some scouting. But yes, that's a good point and something I mean to do.

The kicker is that there are many pieces of land literally down the street (dirt road) from my house which would be ideal and I never see anyone hunting them.... mixes of big farms with woods. But again, I need to do my diligence and look up the owner information in the plat book and hit the road and knock on some doors.

I know that approach is likely to fail in most cases, but I'll never know unless I try.

Musta Demoni
11-30-2017, 10:03 PM
I also want to mention that I own a vaction home/cabin in Baraga County. It's a nice little house about 10 miles outside the town of L'Anse. The location is just on the edge of civilization in a secluded but not altogether remote location. The house is on 2 acres. It's 2 bed, 1 bath. Fully operating house... water, propane heat, electricity, TV, etc. Perhaps someone may be interested in using it in exchange for hunting access.

Again, probably another long shot but just putting it out there. This cabin is just a mile or two from literally thousands of acres of CF land that is legal to hunt, camp, etc. Look up CF land on the DNR website if you're not familiar.

The town of L'Anse is right on Lake Superior in Keewenaw Bay.

Leader
12-01-2017, 05:14 PM
I also want to mention that I own a vaction home/cabin in Baraga County. It's a nice little house about 10 miles outside the town of L'Anse. The location is just on the edge of civilization in a secluded but not altogether remote location. The house is on 2 acres. It's 2 bed, 1 bath. Fully operating house... water, propane heat, electricity, TV, etc. Perhaps someone may be interested in using it in exchange for hunting access.

Again, probably another long shot but just putting it out there. This cabin is just a mile or two from literally thousands of acres of CF land that is legal to hunt, camp, etc. Look up CF land on the DNR website if you're not familiar.

Good hospital in L'Anse.
Saved my life back in 91.

Musta Demoni
12-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Good hospital in L'Anse.
Saved my life back in 91.

Agreed, I was born there back in 80!

That hospital, however, has moved just outside of town on US41. It's bigger and more modern, easier access and has an improved emergency room. It's actually about 10 minutes from my little cabin which is kinda nice.

Musta Demoni
12-13-2017, 01:20 PM

My vacation home in L'Anse is 10 minutes from the public boat launch into Keweenaw Bay and about 25 minutes from the public boat launch into Huron Bay. Great ice fishing in the winter too.

Also about a half hour to Houghton/Hancock if you want some nice dining, a bit of shopping, etc.

Again, the house is ready to use.

Let me know!

Glockguy21
01-05-2018, 09:48 AM
There are farms in michigan that allow the public to hunt on them. I can't post the URL here for some reason just google michigan DNR private land public use