PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Pro vs Trijicon MRO

slapstick
12-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Which do you prefer and why?

Johnholliday
12-01-2017, 11:16 AM
I’m not an Aimpoint fan personally. The color they use is kind of a washed out amber, and I struggle with it each and every time. Loads of people love them, could just be me. I love the Trijicon’s; but again, not the amber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no im not squinting
12-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Had a Pro moved to the Micro. Sold most micros and now have MRO. My last Micro is on my AR pistol.
Micro and MRO have better battery life than Pro and are a lot smaller and lighter. The Micro is optimized for use with a magnifier.
I prefer the MRO over my Micros because of the better field of view. Early serial number MRO’s could have some electronic issues. Middle 15k and up MRO have a 1.1x magnification. I saw a video with the Yeti and he ran his MRO towards the back right in from if the back up rear sight. I tried it and it’s great. The larger housing of the MRO disappears and the bigger objective vs the Micro opens up your FOV. I have read that the latest MRO’s out now are true 1x which would be good if you wanted to mount them further up the receiver and use a magnifier. The 1.1x ones would give me a little fish eye at very close ranges if mounted up the reciever.

There are some great deals on the MRO and in that regard it blows the Aimpoint Micro and the PRO out of the water.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions

Cocowheats
12-01-2017, 09:28 PM
I like the MRO better for its wider field of view and larger objective lens.

jesuvuah
12-01-2017, 09:53 PM
I like the MRO better for its wider field of view and larger objective lens.I sold my pro for an mro and I am happy. Pro is good but much prefer the compact size of the mro.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Patrick
12-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Had a Pro moved to the Micro. Sold most micros and now have MRO. My last Micro is on my AR pistol.
Micro and MRO have better battery life than Pro and are a lot smaller and lighter. The Micro is optimized for use with a magnifier.
I prefer the MRO over my Micros because of the better field of view. Early serial number MRO’s could have some electronic issues. Middle 15k and up MRO have a 1.1x magnification. I saw a video with the Yeti and he ran his MRO towards the back right in from if the back up rear sight. I tried it and it’s great. The larger housing of the MRO disappears and the bigger objective vs the Micro opens up your FOV. I have read that the latest MRO’s out now are true 1x which would be good if you wanted to mount them further up the receiver and use a magnifier. The 1.1x ones would give me a little fish eye at very close ranges if mounted up the reciever.

There are some great deals on the MRO and in that regard it blows the Aimpoint Micro and the PRO out of the water.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions

By “middle 15k and up” are you referring to SN?

The Trijicon MRO Manufactured before Serial number 89,000 did have a very slight magnification of 1.05x which is within the range of competitive reflex-style sight. Responding to customer feedback Trijicon adjusted the magnification in MROs with a serial number of 89,000 or higher to have a magnification of 1.00x or no magnification.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_MRO.php

no im not squinting
12-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Yes that’s it. Also they did a change in lense tilt and coating color vs. the earlier serial number.
I read on another site that it was closer to 1.1 but in any case there was some magnification. Thanks for finding that.
Maybe it’s me eyes but when going back and forth between my Aimpoint Micro and the MRO I swear the Aimpoint actually has a reduction vs a true 1x.

Patrick
12-02-2017, 09:24 PM
Yes that’s it. Also they did a change in lense tilt and coating color vs. the earlier serial number.
I read on another site that it was closer to 1.1 but in any case there was some magnification. Thanks for finding that.
Maybe it’s me eyes but when going back and forth between my Aimpoint Micro and the MRO I swear the Aimpoint actually has a reduction vs a true 1x.

And thanks for pointing that out. My MRO is pretty early, 12000ish serial.

I just today (12-5-17) received an MRO bought from Optics Planet with SN 86712.

slapstick
12-05-2017, 06:50 PM
And thanks for pointing that out. My MRO is pretty early, 12000ish serial.

I just today (12-5-17) received an MRO bought from Optics Planet with SN 86712.

How noticeable of a difference is there from your new mro and old?

Patrick
12-06-2017, 02:59 PM
How noticeable of a difference is there from your new mro and old?

I haven't put them side x side, but since my new SN is < 89000, I'm guessing there is no difference.

Patrick
12-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Trijicon says "We have just recently hit the 89000 in house for production however we have about 10000 that are currently in stock and/or shipping currently.", so I'm guessing not many people have seen the new ones yet.

slapstick
12-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Trijicon says "We have just recently hit the 89000 in house for production however we have about 10000 that are currently in stock and/or shipping currently.", so I'm guessing not many people have seen the new ones yet.

My brother in law bought a MRO from botach.com for $359 with mount that was serialzed in the 94k Range. He received it early last week

Patrick
12-07-2017, 01:34 PM
My brother in law bought a MRO from botach.com for $359 with mount that was serialzed in the 94k Range. He received it early last week

Excellent. I wish mine had been. Anyway, the above was from an email I just received from Trijicon this morning.

no im not squinting
12-08-2017, 03:08 PM
MRO sales are everywhere now and for less than the Aimpoint PRO including a superior mount. OP should look at Botach and Primary Arms.

Video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCD9U2AmgyE figure test

There is another video in dot placement that’s good as well

FWIW I still have reservations about using Botach I just make sure I use a CC with great CS.

slapstick
12-08-2017, 03:35 PM
MRO sales are everywhere now and for less than the Aimpoint PRO including a superior mount. OP should look at Botach and Primary Arms.

Video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCD9U2AmgyE figure test

There is another video in dot placement that’s good as well

FWIW I still have reservations about using Botach I just make sure I use a CC with great CS.

Botach is sketchy for sure. It took my brother in-law three weeks to receive it as they were out of stock but still taking orders. But the MRO he received was a newer production run with the supposed enhancements. I was able to handle it and an Aimpoint Pro. From what I observed the Pro seems to be a more refined product. The MRO is nice but something about the PRO made me like it more. Haven't shot with either so that could be a different story.

no im not squinting
12-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Optics are always subjective we all have different eyes. Going back and forthe between my Aimpoint and the MRO I find the MRO glass and dot crisper. The one thing the MRO will always be more than the PRO or Micro is ugly. But functionally I find it superior, specially after I moved it’s location closer to the back up.

Glad you BIL got it-I ordered from them before and spoke to a person to make sure the item was in stock. I got lied to. And it took a few calls and emails to get a refund.

cyclocross4
12-09-2017, 01:52 AM
I like my Aimpoint Pro. It's bigger but it has stayed dialed in for 4 years and I just changed the battery because It's been 4 years. It's always on and ready to go. I'll keep it.