PDA

View Full Version : CMP Wait Time

castrotikon
01-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Anyone have experience with this recently? Thinking of picking up one of their service grade Garands. I've never ordered from the CMP previously and while I meet the requirements now, I'm not sure what typical wait time is before you actually receive your rifle in the mail: few weeks? a month? few months?

arec
01-15-2018, 08:14 PM
Anyone have experience with this recently? Thinking of picking up one of their service grade Garands. I've never ordered from the CMP previously and while I meet the requirements now, I'm not sure what typical wait time is before you actually receive your rifle in the mail: few weeks? a month? few months?

The CMP Website and forum feedback both line up at 2 - 4 weeks for mail delivery. This link will take you to an answer for any questions you may have - direct from the source. http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/

oldmann1967
01-15-2018, 09:38 PM

Call them and see what their supply on the rack might be. Drive down and get one. Worth the trip. Only 2 hrs away.

castrotikon
01-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Call them and see what their supply on the rack might be. Drive down and get one. Worth the trip. Only 2 hrs away.

Actually not a bad idea, might do that this weekend. They're only about an hour 45 away from me. I'll give them a call on Thursday and see what their inventory is like.

mtlucas0311
01-16-2018, 07:46 PM
Make sure you call or check the North Store forum on the CMP website to see if they got a shipment. As of The 11th they didn’t have much on the racks but the same C’s and D’s they’ve had forever.

castrotikon
01-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Make sure you call or check the North Store forum on the CMP website to see if they got a shipment. As of The 11th they didn’t have much on the racks but the same C’s and D’s they’ve had forever.

Yeah, I was just looking for a standard Service Grade Garand. My plan is to give them a call tomorrow morning and see what they have before making the trip out there. If nothing, I'll just mail in my paperwork with a note asking for a good shooter with a please and thank you.

castrotikon
01-18-2018, 09:25 AM
Welp, called this morning, inventory is still bone dry. Guess I'll be submitting my paperwork.

langenc
01-22-2018, 11:11 AM
I ordered a case of ammo back in Dec. I had the product in less than a month from order date.
Shipped via Fedex on a Thurs and I had it delivered on Saturday.

My ammo needed a adult sig--Im sure your rifle will also. Maybe that would alter your plans. Ask em to ship so as to arrive when you are home.

oldmann1967
01-22-2018, 11:30 AM
Welp, called this morning, inventory is still bone dry. Guess I'll be submitting my paperwork.

Well crap.