PDA

View Full Version : Field and Stream

dirtyharry
01-31-2018, 11:30 PM
Who has experience with Field and Stream safes? What are your thoughts? What do you like or dislike about them?

Roundballer
01-31-2018, 11:35 PM
Who has experience with Field and Stream safes? What are your thoughts? What do you like or dislike about them?

I wouldn't buy (or even take it if they were free) anything from Field and Stream, or their parent company Dick's for any reason. It could be one of the best on the market and I would go elsewhere.

They don't deserve our patronage after what they did after Sandyhook.

DrScaryGuy
02-01-2018, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't buy (or even take it if they were free) anything from Field and Stream, or their parent company Dick's for any reason. It could be one of the best on the market and I would go elsewhere.

If I may interject... sometimes they sell things at considerably lower than you can find any competitor. When they are selling a $300 gun for $50 less than the next store, I presume they are taking a small hit on those items to get people in the door. I have no problem buying those.
Otherwise, I shop elsewhere.

hunterspirit
02-01-2018, 07:24 AM
Yup, if I boycotted every company I had issues with I would never buy much.
Colt,Smith & Wesson, Ruger, H & K, Kahr Springfield

Sledhead
02-01-2018, 07:38 AM
On an old sled site, someone put a list together of places to not patronize. Either because they were tree huggers, environment Waco’s or of the sort.

The list was so long. It was a real eye opener.

The site is now gone but I bet most of those companies would fall into the same category here.

rdarabos
02-01-2018, 09:43 AM
I dont know about theses safes , but I got a able safe from ables in pinconning , it is very sturdy and I have not had any issues with it easy combination dial , which I prefer as no battery's to deal with and dial combos have been around forever . got a deceit price on it as well.its the end of the year so they may have sales going on as well. good luck

mikeb32
02-01-2018, 09:52 AM
I dont know about theses safes , but I got a able safe from ables in pinconning , it is very sturdy and I have not had any issues with it easy combination dial , which I prefer as no battery's to deal with and dial combos have been around forever . got a deceit price on it as well.its the end of the year so they may have sales going on as well. good luck

Another Vote for Able in Pinconning. I bought My Brahma safe there, 5 or 6 years ago, no issues what so ever, Nice people to deal with!

elwarpo
02-01-2018, 01:53 PM
The F&S are the low end of the safe industry. Thin metal, cheap electronic locks, minimal amount of securing bolts... My amsec safe is twice the weight for the same size. All that weight is steel.

AxlMyk
02-09-2018, 07:10 PM

And what is it they did?

DogStar
03-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Dicks stopped selling Ar15s after Sandy Hook. Now they wont sell anything like that including AKs. I am not a big AR or AK guy, but I wont shop at either Dicks or Field and Stream any longer. I spend way more on non-firearms there in the past. Sports Authority hired a new leader in the 1990s. She did not like firearms and so started to shut off the supply to the stores. There was no boycott there, just a natural loss of business. Outdoor people are outdoor people. I don't know who these stores know their clientele.

edknn
03-01-2018, 08:10 PM
I went into F&S one time. If all their prices are as high as their handgun prices, I don't know how they sell anything . I stay clear of companies that cave to the anti-gun crowd like they do.

CXXX
03-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Bass Pro has some decent sales on safes, i bought 2 of their smaller 12 gun safes to put in different closets around the house. Kind of long term storage safes for guns I don't use that much.

hendo
03-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Since they are dick's affiliated, it doesn't matter what their prices are. If they have a deal on something I'd try to get someone else to price match it.

ussiso
05-14-2018, 07:53 AM
I got the 16 gun Field and stream safe at Dick's a few months ago and I'm very happy with it. It was on sale for $400, I got a Dick's credit card which brought it down to $360, then I used a coupon I had for $15 off and triple points, so it was $345 and the points were enough to get me a $40 credit, making it $305. Can beat that with a stick!

BOSS302
05-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Dicks has hired gun control lobbyists. They do not support our rights.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/04/national-shooting-sports-foundation-just-expelled-dicks-sporting-goods-gun-control-lobbying/

pkuptruck
05-14-2018, 09:06 AM

I was told , this is where all the "Dick's" hangout..
( sorry, could not resist.. )

A Dicks store, so.. depends on your tolerance for bigotry and anti-2nd amend.

ShowtimeXX
05-19-2018, 12:00 AM
When I had my ffl inspection, I purchased a safe from them for added storage for ammo, magazines etc. I paid around $500. It wasva quick and cheap alternative in a pinch. They are made cheap, thin steel etc. It served its purpose at the time. It now holds my wifes jewelery.

As for Dick and F&S.......as stated above. I wouldnt take it if it were free. To know the very money I spent could be used to fund a movement against everything us good people stand for......I think not. I wouldnt even change my alternator in their parking lot!

rustymusket
10-17-2018, 10:42 PM
+1 for boycotting Dick's and Field and Stream. When I did buy from them, I found their hunting clothing, boots, and similar items to be of cheap quality and didn't last long. They wouldn't give me a refund when I returned items for poor quality within a short time of purchase. When Field & Stream opened behind Oakland Mall some years ago, their 'grand-opening' prices were more than the prices I've routinely paid for the same products on line. After Sandy Hook, they stopped selling ARs and recently have gone so far as to hire gun-control advocates to promote those ideas to members of Congress. I don't support those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights; why do you?
rustymusket

JayZap16
12-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Love em

dirtmcgirt76239
12-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Look around more, there's tons of places sell medium and low end safes, Lowe's,hd, tractor supply Menards, bass pro, Cabela's, online, your local lock smith.

Find some safes you like, then look up their distributors.

Then there are local gun shops, Jay's, Williams, Michigan etc etc sell them, and can order from tons of manufactuere. Do not fret they only have 4 in the store. Custom order it.

DrScaryGuy
12-09-2018, 10:22 PM
Look around more, there's tons of places sell medium and low end safes, Lowe's,hd, tractor supply Menards, bass pro, Cabela's, online, your local lock smith.

Find some safes you like, then look up their distributors.

Then there are local gun shops, Jay's, Williams, Michigan etc etc sell them, and can order from tons of manufactuere. Do not fret they only have 4 in the store. Custom order it.

gander had a 34 gun fire safe with digital pad for $600 the other week. I wanted it.
My current safe is a little smaller than i need.

RCJW
07-20-2019, 01:02 PM
I have a F&S 20 gun safe and no problems or complaints in 3-4 years. As for quality most of the safes you buy at any box store are made to keep kids and common thieves out of your guns or valuables. Watch You Tube videos and you will see most safes can be defeated by crowbars or a grinder with a cutting wheel. Unless you spend several thousand dollars and get a true heavy duty safe. For just keeping things safe and out of wrong hands it will do what you need. I got this one at Dunhams for just over $300 on a Sun-Mon sale. Good luck.