PDA

View Full Version : JDW TRIGGER PULL ISSUES S&W SIGMA

JDW
02-25-2009, 08:39 AM
I HAVE A S&M SIGMA WOULD LIKE TO LIGHTEN UP THE TRIGGER PULL A LITTLE . LOOKING FOR SOME DIRECTION. THANKS JACK

jolari
02-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Post your question on the S&W forum. There are a lot of links that talk about improving the trigger on that forum. http://smith-wessonforum.com/
I do know the trigger is designed to be long and strong as part of the "safety". I have the SW9VE and it takes awhile to get used to the trigger but with practice I am getting better. I also seem to be better one handed than two handed not sure why. I also posted a link to your original post. Your original post was moved to the "General Firearms" category.

suesealu
03-29-2010, 10:32 PM
I took about 3 pounds off of my sigma's trigger pull by removing the spring they put in to satisfy the glock law suit. I found a video on youtube that showed how to do it took me maybe 10 minutes to do didn't have to buy anything except a 2 dollar punch at the hardware store. I'll see if I can find the video I used and post a link

Delta
03-30-2010, 05:42 AM
My sigma 9mm ran flawlessly I just hated the crappy trigger.

dw1911
03-30-2010, 07:45 AM
They are an incredibly reliable firearm and bullet proof...but those triggers can affect "target" shooting if you do not practice enough....LOL

DLL9MM
03-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Remove the pigtail spring. Very easy. There is a video on youtube.

Ronkontowsky
03-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Is this a carry gun?

Ron

Donzie
04-01-2010, 04:34 PM
the biggest problem is the disconnect ramp is on the(poly?)frame. thats what gives it the "gritty"feel. the best thing to do is a "fluff and buff" then use graphite grease on the ramp.
I strongly recommend not removing or lightening any spring if you plan to defend your life with it.

kevins_garage
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-handguns/101197-sigma-trigger-fix.html

Older Sigmas only had 2 springs in the sear group - one coil and one pigtail. The newer Sigmas have 3 springs - one coil spring inside another and one pigtail.

All you need to leave installed is the smaller of the two coil springs to get down to a ~6 lb pull. Put in a Wolff reduced power striker spring and you can shave off another half pound. About the best you'll get to is 5 lbs after spring removal/change plus a fluff-n-buff...