PDA

View Full Version : The CMP Philippine Returns

tenthumbs
05-11-2018, 06:05 PM
I've got to start saving to be ready when these are released. It may be the last good chance to have one.

Published on May 10, 2018
This video is brought to you by the Garand Collectors Association & it previews the Philippine Military Assistance Program M1 rifles that were recently returned to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=865&v=b1-bshef-G8

Remo
05-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Thank you for posting the video. Good stuff.

dwcopple
05-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Forget the CMP. The 1911 fiasco is unforgivable

dirtmcgirt76239
05-12-2018, 01:33 PM
I think there are bunch of m1 garands and or carbines from south korea we will see if trump hangs around. Something like 50-80k.

dirtmcgirt76239
05-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Forget the CMP. The 1911 fiasco is unforgivable

What did they do with 1911s ?

dwcopple
05-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Made too many hoops. AND won't ship to C&R...

Remo
05-12-2018, 11:04 PM

What did they do with 1911s ?

Prices are ridiculous. $850 / $950 / $1050 and Auction .

Moleman-
05-13-2018, 01:25 AM
The ones that came back in the 80's from Korea on the commercial market were pretty well beat. I had one, think it was $200 at the time and you could get a decent one for about twice that amount or a little more. I suspect these will mostly be in the well used and drug around on the muzzle like the pics of the koreans moving them around (especially like the idiot in the background at 7:30 in the video). Nothing a new stock, parkerizing and a few parts can't fix though....if they're cheap. When the Gov DCM changed to the private company cmp the prices started really going up.

Cocowheats
05-13-2018, 07:17 AM
And let's not forget the reason someone high up at CMP had given us as to why....the whole "We don't want to see one of these 1911s end up in a gangbanger's hands so he can rob a liquor store so we'll price them out of ganbanger's reach"(paraphrased).

They went fully semi-automatic on the 1911s...:doh:

Buffman
05-13-2018, 08:22 AM
And let's not forget the reason someone high up at CMP had given us as to why....the whole "We don't want to see one of these 1911s end up in a gangbanger's hands so he can rob a liquor store so we'll price them out of ganbanger's reach"(paraphrased).

They went fully semi-automatic on the 1911s...:doh:

Yep, along with a double background check, and these will be by mail order only, and your FFL is required to send a copy of the FFL in to get them to send it. Talk about TOTAL FUDD's

jackstan
05-13-2018, 04:04 PM
Surprised they didn't do anything about the gang banger breaking into a house and stealing one :roll:

Jack

ZYA_LTR
05-22-2018, 07:42 PM
As crappy as the situation is, not all the blame falls on the CMP's shoulders. The .GOV mandated that certain precautions be taken and rules to be followed. Rightfully, they (US ARMY) cannot and will not allow any former military small arms fall into the wrong hands in any way possible, which is why they were so strict and required all of the redundant paperwork and safety hoops be jumped through. As it is, John McCain's group is responsible for the 10,000 being dropped to 8,000, as that is the minimum amount per year to be transferred from ARMY to CMP. The pricing is subjective, and will always be argued unless they give them to us for free, but at least know that the funds generated from these sales will keep the CMP running, and that the program ultimately is a good thing for shooters.

dwcopple
05-22-2018, 08:30 PM
As crappy as the situation is, not all the blame falls on the CMP's shoulders. The .GOV mandated that certain precautions be taken and rules to be followed. Rightfully, they (US ARMY) cannot and will not allow any former military small arms fall into the wrong hands in any way possible, which is why they were so strict and required all of the redundant paperwork and safety hoops be jumped through. As it is, John McCain's group is responsible for the 10,000 being dropped to 8,000, as that is the minimum amount per year to be transferred from ARMY to CMP. The pricing is subjective, and will always be argued unless they give them to us for free, but at least know that the funds generated from these sales will keep the CMP running, and that the program ultimately is a good thing for shooters.

C&R holders approved by the BATFE are not "the wrong hands". In fact, they should be the FIRST hands...

Rootsy
05-23-2018, 10:26 AM
Whatever. Non-03 FFLs go through a lot more hoops than a 03. Maybe they should be able to gobble them all up and then flip them for double the $$$ of what CMP is charging (and they are worth double on the open market). Handguns are not old Garands and bolt rifles and in today’s political climate we should probably be happy that CMP was actually able to fanagile this whole deal rather than them all going to Captain crunch.

Dont like the prices? Don’t buy one.

dwcopple
05-23-2018, 11:11 AM
It's not the prices. It's the unnecessary hoops

Rootsy
05-23-2018, 11:15 AM
It's not the prices. It's the unnecessary hoops

Don’t blame the CMP, blame congress and other government red tape.

dwcopple
05-23-2018, 02:09 PM
Don’t blame the CMP, blame congress and other government red tape.

You sure?

ZYA_LTR
05-24-2018, 08:01 PM
You sure?

Yes, i am sure with what Rootsy is saying. I will confirm that i have first hand knowledge that the .GOV is behind the majority of the mandates, and the CMP is behind the price setting. The fact that this was able to be orchestrated and pulled off is an awesome achievement. Just like all the hoops that were gone through to get the Philippine Garands back here, to the tune of every single one of the 80,000 Garands having to be un-crated, disassembled and cleaned of possible asbestos dust contaminates, and then re-crated and shipped here to the US on their own cargo ship. I can also attest that their were some museum quality/rarity 1911 pieces that the ARMY withheld to be placed into ARMY museums, and that the Anniston museum guys did have a bunch of 1911's that they are pushing over to the CMP that will almost definitely be auctioned off.

Garandsrus
05-25-2018, 05:29 PM
Deleted