PDA

View Full Version : Bowfishing for carp in Macomb County???

mudoven
05-29-2018, 01:26 PM
I absolutely love to fish for carp with my bow in the summer time when they are breeding...tons of fun, they make great fertilizer. Does anyone know of any "hotspots" where the bow-fishing is good for these intrusive fish?

I used to see folks with bows fishing on 21 mile road near the DNR station in the canals...not sure if they caught anything. I used to fish at St. John's Marsh, but that isn't as accessible as it used to be (don't have canoe/boat).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, thank you in advance.

edknn
05-29-2018, 09:35 PM
I absolutely love to fish for carp with my bow in the summer time when they are breeding...tons of fun, they make great fertilizer. Does anyone know of any "hotspots" where the bow-fishing is good for these intrusive fish?

I used to see folks with bows fishing on 21 mile road near the DNR station in the canals...not sure if they caught anything. I used to fish at St. John's Marsh, but that isn't as accessible as it used to be (don't have canoe/boat).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, thank you in advance.

Glad to see you use the fish. We get dead fish floating up to our shore from people shooting the carp in the river then throwing them back. They make their way to our lake after days of rotting. My trash can then stinks all summer.

zcolt45
05-29-2018, 10:10 PM
Mt. Clemens
Clinton River at the Spillway Dam

hunterspirit
05-30-2018, 07:04 AM
Is the dam still there?

dirtmcgirt76239
06-09-2018, 05:12 PM
any of the slow moving cannals if you do not have a bought you can get them off lakeshore drive by the woods park at teh milk river bridge, You can get them at the cannals by ford and marinier park or the fox river by alter road at the south end of GP.

If you have a boat they should be found anywhere on the east side rivers or cannals from Lake st Clair.

Some of the biggest fish I have ever seen wewere in the cannals off the 9 mile towers where the town houses are on the south end of the complex, not the marina, but the town homes with slips. On calm days if you sneak in there from the lake side with a boat there are no waves its glass, I see the biggest fish I have ever seen on lake st clair. MASSIVE.