PDA

View Full Version : Need custom LOP for a Rem 700

dmo8361
03-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Bought a Remington 700BDL 308 and need to know if anyone knows someone who can put a spacer on a synthetic stock or if I would be better off having a custom stock made. I was more interested in a traditional style rather than the sniper stocks from Choate and I don't want to spend a ton of money if I don't have to.

RifleGuy
03-07-2009, 03:16 PM
You can easily add a spacer yourself. Removal of the recoil pad is simple, and Brownells or MidwayUSA stock spacers.
Measure the diminsions of your existing recoil pad, buy a spacer slightly larger, install the spacer & pad, then scribe a line around the spacer.
Once the spacer is removed, it can easily be sized on a disc or belt sander. Once re-installed, cover the stock with masking tape, then gently sand the excess spacer material by hand (block and abrasive sheet) and use a plastic polish to complete the spacer finish.

Or, Bell & Carlson makes inexpensive stocks and will cut to non-standard lengths. B&C Custom Lengths & Finishes... (http://rifle-stocks-order-page.easystorecreator.net/items/bell-and-carlson-rifle-stocks/carbelite-rifle-stocks/Carbelite-Composite-Rifle-Stocks-detail.htm?Count_Class_1_1=3463099&Count_Class_3_1=870775&Count_Class_5_1=1521881&Count_Class_6_1=870545&repost=1&s)

dmo8361
03-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Appreciated. I saw the grind to fit ones but I have exatly zero experience with them. It sounds simple enough. I will give it a shot Thanks