PDA

View Full Version : Official MGO Mid-Michigan Shoot

Pages : [1] 2

TheTrainingTeamCPL
03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
The Mid-Michigan Shoot is booked for June 13th.

This will be held at the Pine River Recreation Club in Elm Hall. Its about 10 min west of Alma.

The Training Team will be renting the club and range all day.
bathrooms indoors in the club.
There will be no fee to shoot.
All family and friends are welcome as long as everyone plays safe.
I believe they have a outside charcoal grill to use.
I still have to contact the club president to see if i can use they're big awning for some shade. Tables for gear will be provided. Also folding chair but Id Recommend bringing your own, as folding chairs tend to get uncomfortable.
They have 3 boards to place targets on, the only thing I may need help with (unless I can get some built by then) is if some one could bring some target stands.

I will be there setting up probably around 9am. So time will be then until we leave.

Directions: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Riverdale&state=MI&address=5960+N.+Ferris+Rd&

If you plan on attending please post here so I can get an Idea of how many people we're looking at.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
03-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Dang, no one?

Tallbear
03-08-2009, 11:20 AM
I think I can make it.

GIve it time......Most people don't want to commit that far out.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I think I can make it.

GIve it time......Most people don't want to commit that far out.

If not we wont have a problem with a crowded range!

Done Deal
03-14-2009, 07:27 PM
I plan to try and make it (like I really have far to drive....hehehe...) maybe to shoot but for sure to help out.

DD

PM Susquash....he lives close too.

But....what kinda shoot is it anyway????? I am gonna have to save up my bb's I guess....

And, if you have problems with the club pres....PM me. They owe me....I got them a trailer load of bowling pins.

Duck122
03-14-2009, 07:40 PM
More info on the shoot please,as i am about 35min from Elm Hall.

parkerinc
03-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I plan on being there. I should be able to help out too.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
More info on the shoot please,as i am about 35min from Elm Hall.

Well I'll be there at nine to set up. So from then until we pack up it will be open to come hang out and shoot. No real restrictions on what you can shoot.

Its free, so thats a plus.

Not sure what other details to include, just a fun, free, good place to hang out and shoot with like minded people.

If you have more specific questions in mind, please feel free to ask.

Done Deal
03-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Ok, I know what their indoor .22range is like (or at least used to be like) but what is their outdoor range like?

Are we punching paper or reactionary targets?

Just shooting pistols or other stuff too?

Done Deal
03-16-2009, 07:57 AM
They have 3 boards to place targets on, the only thing I may need help with (unless I can get some built by then) is if some one could bring some target stands.

Are you talking about their pin tables or something else?

What are the yardage distances?

I am in the process of working up some plans for some steel targets but, I don't know if I will have them fabricated by then. Maybe....

TheTrainingTeamCPL
03-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Are you talking about their pin tables or something else?

What are the yardage distances?

I am in the process of working up some plans for some steel targets but, I don't know if I will have them fabricated by then. Maybe....

Im talking about tables and chairs for gear and to sit at.

Here's the out side range:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/DenmanK/DSCF0013.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/DenmanK/DSCF0019.jpg

We would be set up at the back big burm. the 2 closer burms are way to small for more than 1 or 2 people to use at one time.

If anyone wants to bring some steel targets or some target stands thats fine.

Done Deal
03-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Ok...it has been ages since I was out there and couldn't remember what their outdoor range even looked like.

Shoot me a PM with what you think that you need and you might be surprised at what I can drum up and bring along with me.

DD

Done Deal
03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Ok, for those of you that don't want to sign up to shoot....you can volunteer to hold the targets for the moving target portion of the festivities. Folks of all speeds are welcome to contribute to the fun.

Susquash
03-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Count me in and I'd be glad to help out on my home range.

Done Deal
03-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Count me in and I'd be glad to help out on my home range.

You are too slow to hold moving targets.....

HAWKEYE50ML
03-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Can new members come and shoot? I'd like to know the length of the longest range if I could.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
03-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Can new members come and shoot? I'd like to know the length of the longest range if I could.

Anyone can come and shoot as long as they're safe.

From the bench to the back berm is 100yds. But we will be set up some where in the middle for mostly pistol and carbine distances.

HAWKEYE50ML
03-19-2009, 10:09 PM
That will work. I have toy's for those perameters. What do you consider "carbine" distance? 50-75yds.?

TheTrainingTeamCPL
03-19-2009, 10:12 PM
That will work. I have toy's for those perameters. What do you consider "carbine" distance? 50-75yds.?

Im figuring about 75 will probably be the max. that way the pistol shooters dont have to walk a mile to shoot.

BobSeaman
03-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Pine River Recreation Club where is it map quest is not that good

Done Deal
03-20-2009, 08:05 AM
West of Alma about 7 miles and about 3 miles south of M-46 in the metropolis of Elm Hall (Lumberjack and Van Buren Roads)

Say an hour north of Lansing or an hour west of Sagnasty.

Rooster 308
03-23-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm in.

Can we shoot from field positions or required to stay on the bench? Jus curious.

Done Deal
03-24-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm in.

Can we shoot from field positions or required to stay on the bench? Jus curious.

Not my show but....from reading this....Keith got range for the day so, it looks like we can do what we want as long as it is safe.

What are ya thinking of wanting to do?

PS Thread moved for better exposure.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
03-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Not my show but....from reading this....Keith got range for the day so, it looks like we can do what we want as long as it is safe.

What are ya thinking?

Sounds about right.

ACWeller
03-24-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm gonna try to make out. We'll see what happens.

UTPD#5
03-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Training Team...you have a PM incoming.

durus5995
03-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey I will try and make it out. I look forward to possibly meeting some of you guys. I hope you guys wont be embarassed when I get my Mosin out and shoot my typical 6 inch group at 25 yds.:laughing:

Hasgun Willtravel
03-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I will hold the targets, sounds like that will be the safest place to be :grin:

Rooster 308
03-29-2009, 09:56 PM

What are ya thinking of wanting to do?

PS Thread moved for better exposure.

Rifle. Just need an area to practice my standing/sitting/prone. If possible on Fred's AQT. It's been a while.

UTPD#5
03-31-2009, 07:00 AM
NickS the MGO Membership Chair will be attending the shoot and bringing up some MGO merchandise and applications.

This sounds like it could be a fun event!

Done Deal
03-31-2009, 06:56 PM
NickS the MGO Membership Chair will be attending the shoot and bringing up some MGO merchandise and applications.

This sounds like it could be a fun event!

How about free ammo?????:mrgreen:

Us flatlanders can't afford to practice much ya know....

UTPD#5
04-01-2009, 07:32 AM
It would certainly be nice if MGO could afford to buy ammo for the event; however, I don't think that will happen. :yikes:

TheTrainingTeamCPL
04-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Looks like I have a bout 14 people are planning on showing up so far. And remember family and friends are more than welcome!

Done Deal
04-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Heck, bring them even if they aren't friends if they are going to join the MGO.

Hey Keith:

Are you passing out MGO info at every CPL class? There was standing room only at the gun board the other day and I know some of those folks went through your class. Maybe some of them will attend and join....

TheTrainingTeamCPL
04-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Heck, bring them even if they aren't friends if they are going to join the MGO.

Hey Keith:

Are you passing out MGO info at every CPL class? There was standing room only at the gun board the other day and I know some of those folks went through your class. Maybe some of them will attend and join....

I dont have any printed info but I do mention it and give them the web address.

joe_robi
04-10-2009, 10:41 AM
if i have the cash in a month i will be there.

Done Deal
04-10-2009, 03:50 PM

Heck, if you start thumbing a the day before, it shouldn't be a problem. Heck, back in the day, I used to hitch from Roscommon down to by Pontiac, sometimes with a gun case on my shoulder.

Hockey9019
04-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Can I bring my .22 LR rifle? Sorry too lazy to read the prior posts.

I don't have any pistols or good guns so I just will plink

If someone bring an AR I will buy the ammo if I can shoot :) :) :) (always wanted to shoot one)

Either way if I don't have to work, I will be out there for sure

TheTrainingTeamCPL
04-10-2009, 09:26 PM

If someone bring an AR I will buy the ammo if I can shoot :) :) :) (always wanted to shoot one)

You can bring whatever you want. and im sure if you buy the ammo people will let you shoot.

Done Deal
04-10-2009, 10:26 PM

Got ya covered on the AR....what else do you want to buy ammo for?

durus5995
04-11-2009, 03:00 AM
If anyone can dig up some nice surplus 30.06 my M1 Garand is up for range time.:biggrin: Perhaps its time to dig up some .223 and join the 21st century of firearms.:biggrin:

Hockey9019
04-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Got ya covered on the AR....what else do you want to buy ammo for?

Rocket launcher?

Something fun to shoot?

I'm such a newb when it comes to knowing the details about guns

Tell me what kind of ammo to bring and I'll bring it :)

Also, this is 3 days before my birthday so...

Done Deal
04-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Rocket launcher?

Something fun to shoot?

I suspect there will be anything and everything in the general pistol category, from .22's to .45's and maybe more....I dunno.

Rifles....who knows? Same for shotguns I expect.

Probably not too many rocket or arrow launchers will be there though so....you are going to have to save that for another day.

Rooster 308
04-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Bump, gettin' readier...:pistols:

TheTrainingTeamCPL
04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
I dont know if anyone might be interested but the club does have a place indoors to shoot bows to. Just thought i'd let people know.

Hockey9019
04-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Anyone want to have a small meet and greet this week? Fishing? Shooting? Shooting while fishing? :)

TheTrainingTeamCPL
04-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Gotta work.

Jaredl2055
04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I think I can make it in june maybe Ill have the fiances pink AK done and some of the other ladys could shoot it!

Rooster 308
04-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Do we need to list what we will be bringing to the event in case someone wants to try something out?

Be bringing:
M1A Nat. Match
M1A SOCOM 16
Para O 14-45 hi cap
Glock 26
Glock 21

If anyone is bringing an FAL, I would love to put a mag through it.

Done Deal
04-18-2009, 08:51 AM
I am broker than I want to be so....dunno how much shooting I am going to be able to afford.

But, I am planning on bringing frames (real estate sign frames) and balloons.
There will be too many people there for the kind of balloon shoot I like to do but....at the very least, we can affix balloons on strings to the sign frames and have moving (with a breeze) reactionary targets that can be established at any range in front of the backstop (I think).

I moving balloon makes for great practice....

parkerinc
04-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Cool idea, you work in Alma?

Done Deal
04-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Cool idea, you work in Alma?

Define work....:winker:

parkerinc
04-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Do you show up and collect a paycheck there? LOL

Done Deal
04-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Do you show up and collect a paycheck there? LOL

Sort of....technically, I am self employed but...am also employed by a Township and right now a temporary weekly employee for Uncle Sam. I always like essay questions rather than yes/no true false questions.

Do I live near the location of the shoot? In fact, I might very well live the closest to the shoot.

parkerinc
04-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Elm Hall metropolis. Thats ok I live in St. Louis work in Alma.

Done Deal
04-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Nope....closer to Alma.

2short
04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
I am not a member but I would like to have a look at how you do things talk to people get the feel of what do you do. Do you think it possible?

RevDerb
04-25-2009, 07:09 PM
I've put it on my calendar. Will have to look at it more closely as the date gets nearer. It's a 3 hour drive. Count me in for now, though.:scratch:

Done Deal
04-25-2009, 07:09 PM
I am not a member but I would like to have a look at how you do things talk to people get the feel of what do you do. Do you think it possible?

Sure....you are more than welcome to attend.

Done Deal
04-25-2009, 07:11 PM
I've put it on my calendar. Will have to look at it more closely as the date gets nearer. It's a 3 hour drive. Count me in for now, though.:scratch:

Well,at least Keith set this one up so it is closer for alot of folks enabling them to attend. So....3 hours...I know but....we are trying to build a membership base in the entire state so....slowly but surely we seem to be.

Please join us.

RevDerb
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM

Mapquest computed the cost of fuel for me there and back to be less than $25.

RevDerb
04-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Rocket launcher?

Something fun to shoot?

Tell me where you expect to find it!

RevDerb
04-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Well,at least Keith set this one up so it is closer for alot of folks enabling them to attend. So....3 hours...I know but....we are trying to build a membership base in the entire state so....slowly but surely we seem to be.

Please join us.

Three hours is reasonable to me if I can just fit it in. Don't tell joe_robbi but I may even offer to pick him up on the way down 65 if I'm able to go. It sounds like it could be a great day. The bigger problem, as I see it, is finding ammo. I've got some saved up but I'd like to shoot between now and then too.

customizedcreationz
04-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Today at the Island Lake fun shoot was a blast. I am going to pencil this one in. I am not sure if the whole family can come this time. But we'll see as we get closer !

shurhouse
04-29-2009, 07:28 PM
I happen to be working in the Alma area today so I went out to the Pine River Recreation Club in Elm Hall to check it out. Should be a nice place to shoot. You will definitely want to bring some shade and comfy chairs. Just a note to everyone - the bridge on Lincoln Rd just ( I mean just) east of Elm Hall is out for the summer for repairs.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
04-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Best thing would be to take M 46 or Harrison rd west to lumberjack instead of Lincoln

Done Deal
04-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Best thing would be to take M 46 or Harrison rd west to lumberjack instead of Lincoln

Or, you could have turned sb on Osborn to Van Buren then west to the club which is off Van Buren east of Elm Hall.

glock_cop_22
04-30-2009, 09:28 AM
I will try to make it..have family up there so I can drop the wife off. right now I have a few cases of bowling pins and I will try t get more to bring(if they last that long) I will also try to get target stands from the PD..

shurhouse
05-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Lunch - does everyone bring their own or potluck style?

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Lunch - does everyone bring their own or potluck style?

Well im not sure what everyone wants to do. We'll probably set up lunch inside to keep bugs out.

We can do a bring a dish to pass. I can bring a charcoal grill for burgers and dogs unless someone wants to bring a gas grill. Coals all i got.

Im glad to see this might turn out to be a pretty good sized event!

Done Deal
05-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Well im not sure what everyone wants to do. We'll probably set up lunch inside to keep bugs out.

We can do a bring a dish to pass. I can bring a charcoal grill for burgers and dogs unless someone wants to bring a gas grill. Coals all i got.

Im glad to see this might turn out to be a pretty good sized event!

I can bring a gas grill but, if this gets big....one grill is prolly not gonna cut it. I got rid of my backup when my son moved away....

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I can bring a gas grill but, if this gets big....one grill is prolly not gonna cut it. I got rid of my backup when my son moved away....

Thanks DD. Once we get closer to go time, if we need another I can bring mine too.

LarryB
05-06-2009, 04:43 AM
I'll be there! Sounds like a good time!

shurhouse
05-06-2009, 05:46 AM
I'm in. How can I help or what items do you need?

UTPD#5
05-06-2009, 06:37 AM
I'll be there! Sounds like a good time!

Welcome!

Enjoy the shoot!

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-06-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm in. How can I help or what items do you need?

I would say if you want to bring something, pop, chips hot dogs, or something like that would be great.

Done Deal
05-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey Keith....you might want to wait a little closer to the time before you start trying to coordinate munchies.

Trust me on that....

shurhouse
05-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I would say if you want to bring something, pop, chips hot dogs, or something like that would be great.

I'll do, say 50 hot dogs and buns if you think that will work?
As a newbie I might as well start off my participation with a bang.

Rooster 308
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
No one's asked yet so I will. Are there bathrooms/johnnie-on-the-spots???

Mods, can we get this thread updated since it was moved?

Done Deal
05-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Indoor rest rooms and plenty of trees if you prefer going that route.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-07-2009, 10:04 AM
I'll do, say 50 hot dogs and buns if you think that will work?
As a newbie I might as well start off my participation with a bang.

Actually, noobies have to bring all the ammo for us to shoot!

And rooster, DD is correct, indoor bathrooms.

postban
05-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I am planning to attend if the weather is nice and can ride my motorcycle up.
Count me as a fair weather attendee.

give this thing a good workout;
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44630

shurhouse
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
TheTrainingTeamCPL - Actually, noobies have to bring all the ammo for us to shoot!

I would if I could. I guess I'll just have to help everyone fill their face instead of their gun.

gassmann
05-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Is full auto goodness allowed?:ak:

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Is full auto goodness allowed?:ak:

Only if I get to shoot it.

gassmann
05-07-2009, 10:02 PM
That could be arranged:p just needs to be fed!

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-07-2009, 10:16 PM
That could be arranged:p just needs to be fed!

What ya bringin, so i know what kinda ammo to bring ;)

Done Deal
05-09-2009, 06:19 AM
What ya bringin, so i know what kinda ammo to bring ;)

Where are you finding any ammo????

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Where are you finding any ammo????

SHHH its a secret!

Done Deal
05-09-2009, 10:12 AM
SHHH its a secret!

Prove it....

Hockey9019
05-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I may not be able to attend since I found out that my fiancees friends wedding is on June 13...

Eh...

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I may not be able to attend since I found out that my fiancees friends wedding is on June 13...

Eh...

Priorities man...Priorities.

Hockey9019
05-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Priorities man...Priorities.

Guns or boring wedding...

You're really asking this question? I told her if she comes with me I'm sure someone will let her shoot a real gun :lol:

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Guns or boring wedding...

You're really asking this question? I told her if she comes with me I'm sure someone will let her shoot a real gun :lol:

I'll chip in a free box of ammo for her!

Done Deal
05-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Keith:

How many people so far have committed to attending this event?

I know that it is still a month off but...

DD

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Keith:

How many people so far have committed to attending this event?

I know that it is still a month off but...

DD

So far about 15-20. plus a few guys I work with are trying to get the time off to attend.

And that does not include friends or family of those attending.

gl22man
05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
i would be willing to go if i can tag along with someone near Macomb County,Warren, Sterling Hts. somewhere in the general area.. i will of course pitch in for gas and anything else as need be..
pm me let me know if anyone could use a ride along buddy.
Mike..

chewy
05-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Do we know for sure yet a date or are we still waiting on confirmation? I'd love to come up but it'll depend on the day.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Do we know for sure yet a date or are we still waiting on confirmation? I'd love to come up but it'll depend on the day.

JUNE 13th is the date I could get the club for. It is booked.

Burs
05-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Add one more to the list. I will be there and early and help with the setups. See everone there. Burs

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Add one more to the list. I will be there and early and help with the setups. See everone there. Burs

Thanks For the help Burs, glad you can make it.

Done Deal
05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Is this going to turn into a mini swap meet and if so, are we going to need tables or can we use the clubs?

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Is this going to turn into a mini swap meet and if so, are we going to need tables or can we use the clubs?

The clubs got plenty of table for anything anyone needs.

RevDerb
05-23-2009, 02:42 PM
I am planning on being there.

Jvanasjr
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Ill be there ... Especially now that Im in the neighborhood...

RevDerb
05-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Eh...

Since he will be unable to attend, I look forward to hearing all about him from the rest of you. :wow:

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Gettin close :ak2: :bfg2:

Done Deal
05-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Ill be there ... Especially now that Im in the neighborhood...

Didn't you live downstate someplace?

What brought the move to Montcalm County----certainly not Gold Star....

Jvanasjr
05-29-2009, 06:40 AM
Didn't you live downstate someplace?

What brought the move to Montcalm County----certainly not Gold Star....

Time to get the kids out of the city... Gettin a little dangerous down there...

Hockey9019
05-29-2009, 11:37 AM
What time are we looking at again? Wedding bs crap is not till 630

Supposed to work but eh, its all good

Hockey9019
05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Since he will be unable to attend, I look forward to hearing all about him from the rest of you. :wow:

I'll be there so you can get it straight from me ;)

Done Deal
05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
What time are we looking at again? Wedding bs crap is not till 630

Supposed to work but eh, its all good

9 AM til

RevDerb
05-29-2009, 12:23 PM
I'll be there so you can get it straight from me ;)

I'm sure that won't be near as much fun as hearsay. Looking forward to meeting you Hockey. The Wings should have another Cup by then. :rotate:

Done Deal
05-29-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm sure that won't be near as much fun as hearsay. Looking forward to meeting you Hockey. The Wings should have another Cup by then. :rotate:

Oh my, I hope so but, in view of the accellerated schedule which favors the waddly birds, who knows?

Hockey9019
05-29-2009, 06:50 PM
9 AM til

Duh

:p

Hopefully the "parade" won't be that day

Rooster 308
05-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Ready. Let me know if you need me to bring something (besides ammo).

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Ready. Let me know if you need me to bring something (besides ammo).

Tables and folding chairs will be provided. If you wan a more comfortable sitting option I would suggest bringing a camping chair or something.

As far as food goes we will have a grill. pretty much bring what you want to eat. if you would like to bring a something to share thats fine to.

shurhouse
06-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Tables and folding chairs will be provided. If you wan a more comfortable sitting option I would suggest bringing a camping chair or something.

As far as food goes we will have a grill. pretty much bring what you want to eat. if you would like to bring a something to share thats fine to.

I'll bring hot dogs and buns per our earlier discussions. I'm thinking maybe upwards of 80? What about condiments?

Done Deal
06-02-2009, 04:54 PM
What about condiments?

This isn't gonna be a sex party....

shurhouse
06-02-2009, 06:40 PM
This isn't gonna be a sex party....

Depends on what party favors your bringing........

Done Deal
06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Party favors???? Heck, right now I am struggling to secure some ammo.

That reminds me, I gotta get balloons for the reactionary targets.

postban
06-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I only got room on the bike for my guns and ammo, any way I could slip one of you fine local folks a few bucks for a couple dogs and a pop? Schlepping two hours to get there would have anything I could bring a bit balmy.

Praying for good weather so it will be a good shoot and a good ride.

Rooster 308
06-02-2009, 09:09 PM
If anyone can dig up some nice surplus 30.06 my M1 Garand is up for range time.:biggrin: Perhaps its time to dig up some .223 and join the 21st century of firearms.:biggrin:

I got a couple of boxes of 20 you can shoot. I'll bring em. I want the brass however.

Done Deal
06-03-2009, 06:44 AM
I only got room on the bike for my guns and ammo, any way I could slip one of you fine local folks a few bucks for a couple dogs and a pop? Schlepping two hours to get there would have anything I could bring a bit balmy.

Praying for good weather so it will be a good shoot and a good ride.

Ask for a little wind, it makes the balloons more fun.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-03-2009, 07:09 AM
I'm sure that won't be near as much fun as hearsay. Looking forward to meeting you Hockey. The Wings should have another Cup by then. :rotate:Lets pray for them LOL

Done Deal
06-04-2009, 05:02 PM
If anyone can dig up some nice surplus 30.06 my M1 Garand is up for range time.:biggrin:

Bring it. I haven't shot one in prolly 40 years.

Cherokee
06-04-2009, 08:36 PM
My map program has me coming in:
127s
W on 46 ( W Monroe )
S on Warner Rd.
W on Van Buren
N on Ferris

How much of this route is Gravel Rd? I'm a pansy, I dont like to ride my bike on gravel/sand, so looking to see if there is a route that gets me there and avoids gravel ( or the least amount of it ) if possible.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-04-2009, 08:40 PM
My map program has me coming in:
127s
W on 46 ( W Monroe )
S on Warner Rd.
W on Van Buren
N on Ferris

How much of this route is Gravel Rd? I'm a pansy, I dont like to ride my bike on gravel/sand, so looking to see if there is a route that gets me there and avoids gravel ( or the least amount of it ) if possible.

about 2 miles on van buren and 1 on ferris.

If you go down 46 about 2 miles and turn S. on lumberjack you can take that through Riverdale, through the 4 way stop, and into Elm hall. Take a left at the only blinking yellow light (Van Buren) it may say Elm in town. Turn left on ferris and it dead ends at the club. Ferris is gravel.

hope that helps,
Keith

Cherokee
06-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes, that helps, thanx.

If I cant make it there until Noon, will anything/anyone still be there?

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Yes, that helps, thanx.

If I cant make it there until Noon, will anything/anyone still be there?

I really hope so!

Done Deal
06-05-2009, 08:37 AM
I really hope so!

If I shoot one round an hour, I shouldn't be out of ammo by noon....

Jvanasjr
06-05-2009, 08:42 AM
I have to back out. I looked at my calendar I thought a grad party was the following weekend. I will be back in the D... Shoot em up for me homies...

Done Deal
06-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I have to back out. I looked at my calendar I thought a grad party was the following weekend. I will be back in the D... Shoot em up for me homies...

Bummer.

Drop your ammo at my place on the way by and, we promise to save the brass for you.

RevDerb
06-05-2009, 11:25 AM
If I shoot one round an hour, I shouldn't be out of ammo by noon....

:rofl:

And then again, not so funny!

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I guess I'm going to come, I got 3 bowling pins if that will help, should I bring some burgers or hot dogs?

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I guess I'm going to come

Glad to here that DR, should be a fun time, and remember friends and family are welcome too!

Keith

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-05-2009, 01:27 PM
If you are definitely going to be there on June 13th can you please post and if your bring people how many.

I would like to get a good estimate on how many tables and such to get out.

Done Deal
06-05-2009, 05:20 PM
I'll be there for set up and until my grill cools which will probably take longer than any barrels I bring.

Who from the MGO is attending again?

RevDerb
06-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I am definitely planning on being there. Looking forward to meeting all you flatlanders. :rofl:

shurhouse
06-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm there

KayL
06-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I've got it on the calendar and will try to bring a friend.

Rooster 308
06-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Look fwd to being there. Safe shooting.

Cherokee
06-05-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm going to try and make it, but cant get there until Noon or so.

shurhouse
06-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Is there a PA system or something at the club to make announcement ? Some examples:
- Lunch is served
- Clean up in lane 3
- And the per verbal , Attention! Attention! We have lost a large adult male. Last seen wearing a white mickey mouse shirt, shorts hanging down to low, has gray hair, a portly belly and a big mouth. If you come across such a person please handle with care and bring them to the loss and found.

Jvanasjr
06-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Is there a PA system or something at the club to make announcement ? Some examples:

- And the per verbal , Attention! Attention! We have lost a large adult male. Last seen wearing a white mickey mouse shirt, shorts hanging down to low, has gray hair, a portly belly and a big mouth. If you come across such a person please handle with care and bring them to the loss and found.

I thought Done Deal promised not to wear his Mickey Shirt after the last incident...

shurhouse
06-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I thought Done Deal promised not to wear his Mickey Shirt after the last incident...

Just so there's no miss understanding, my description in no way was a reference to DD. I don't know what he looks like, but I do think it will describe a good portion of those in attendance including myself. No that's wrong I keep my pants pulled up.

RevDerb
06-06-2009, 05:45 PM

Whew!!! I thought that you were talking about me! :rotate:

:rofl:

Why doesn't someone put the roll call of intended attendance into a poll format so that you don't have to keep going back over posts to get a head count

johnzilla
06-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I'll be there early, probably right at 9. I can stay a couple of hours before I have to head back.

I'll bring a lefty Stage AR (if any lefties want to try it) as well as a PTR-91 and a Marlin .357 lever.

Are there shotgun/trap/skeet ranges there? My Saiga-12 has been under used and I'd like to rectify the situation assuming it is OK to use a semi-auto on the skeet/trap/clay ranges if present.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-06-2009, 05:49 PM
- Lunch is served
- Clean up in lane 3
- And the per verbal , Attention! Attention! We have lost a large adult male. Last seen wearing a white mickey mouse shirt, shorts hanging down to low, has gray hair, a portly belly and a big mouth. If you come across such a person please handle with care and bring them to the loss and found.Would he strapped into a straight jacket, and have alot of meds in his pocket LOL :shock:

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I'll be there early, probably right at 9. I can stay a couple of hours before I have to head back.

I'll bring a lefty Stage AR (if any lefties want to try it) as well as a PTR-91 and a Marlin .357 lever.

Are there shotgun/trap/skeet ranges there? My Saiga-12 has been under used and I'd like to rectify the situation assuming it is OK to use a semi-auto on the skeet/trap/clay ranges if present.

They do, but they wont be running them.

Done Deal
06-06-2009, 10:24 PM
They do, but they wont be running them.

Can we run our own traps with our own clays?

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Can we run our own traps with our own clays?

Should be able to, the trap area is seperate from the regular range.

Done Deal
06-07-2009, 06:51 AM
If there is sufficient interest, I can toss a couple of throwers in the truck and bring them----birds would be on the shooters though.

Lemme know.

durus5995
06-07-2009, 11:43 PM
What is the earliest or latest anyone is going to be there?

Done Deal
06-08-2009, 06:44 AM
What is the earliest or latest anyone is going to be there?

I dunno I suspect Keith with be there before 8:30 as will I (if he has the key) and it will run until everybody is out of ammo and bullsheet I guess. Who knows???? Gonna be well after lunch I suppose....but nobody mentioned bringing steaks to grill for dinner.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-08-2009, 09:36 AM
What is the earliest or latest anyone is going to be there?I will be there around 10 and I dont know how long it will run but I plan on making a day out of it meeting people

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I'll be there at 8:30 and will leave when everyones done.

Done Deal
06-08-2009, 11:27 AM
I'll be there at 8:30 with lots of cream filled long johns and other goodies and will leave when everyones done.

Now yur talkin...

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Now yur talkin...

Nice!

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-08-2009, 11:29 AM
will there be a stapler for the paper targets?

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-08-2009, 11:58 AM
will there be a stapler for the paper targets?

I have one, not sure how many staples I have left for it though. i'll have to check.

Done Deal
06-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I can cover the staplers.....that is one area that I am not low on ammo.

I also intend to bring ballons to affix inside metal sign frames for reactionary targets that might move with a little wind. While it won't be as much fun as a straight balloon shoot, it will be a better than just punching paper.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
we should bring milk jugs and newspaper and do our own ballistics tests

FourtyFiveXD
06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
How long are the ranges set for?

I might be able to come and I can bring some tracers for my AR if allowed.

Done Deal
06-08-2009, 04:54 PM
How long are the ranges set for?

I might be able to come and I can bring some tracers for my AR if allowed.

03-19-2009, 10:59 PM #17
TheTrainingTeamCPL
Activist
Contributing Member

Anyone can come and shoot as long as they're safe.

From the bench to the back berm is 100yds. But we will be set up some where in the middle for mostly pistol and carbine distances.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
DD are you bringing a portable grill, Im bringing burges and dogs and will be happy to share if you can cook em up :flamethr:

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I have a friend coming, although he has not much shooting exp. he is safe and is alot of fun

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I have a friend coming, although he has not much shooting exp. he is safe and is alot of fun

Good to hear, bring one bring all!

shurhouse
06-09-2009, 05:02 AM
DD are you bringing a portable grill, Im bringing burges and dogs and will be happy to share if you can cook em up :flamethr:

I have the dogs covered. I'll get a box (80'ish) with buns. how are we set for ketchup, mustard, onions, paper towels, etc.?

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-09-2009, 05:16 AM
I can bring the burgers then and all that stuff like ketchup, mustard, onions, paper towels, paper plates cups,I may bring Cole slaw as well if people are interested

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-09-2009, 05:19 AM
I wish we had an idea of how many are coming?

shurhouse
06-09-2009, 05:46 AM
I wish we had an idea of how many are coming?

Last I heard was in the 25-30 range not including anyone their bringing. I'm guessing 50?

KayL
06-09-2009, 07:59 AM
If you guys are providing burgers, dogs, buns, etc., I want to throw some money at you to reimburse. That gets expensive. I will bring stuff that can be shared also.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
If you guys are providing burgers, dogs, buns, etc., I want to throw some money at you to reimburse. That gets expensive. I will bring stuff that can be shared also.

"OH ****", K's coming!!!!

HAHA Glad to hear your coming out Kay.

Done Deal
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
What else do we need? I am never going to get the boss to make anything unless I give her plenty of time.

Also, please remember that Elm Hall is not a big town....other than a party store/gas station...there isn't any place close to run and grab something.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Who from MGO is going to be they're "officially"? I know a while back it was going to be NickS. Is he still coming?

RevDerb
06-09-2009, 09:33 AM
I'll bring a pack of hot dogs and buns.

I suggested this once but maybe it got lost in the volume of messages, but wouldn't it be helpful to simply post a poll asking "are you planning to attend?" And design it in such a way that people could indicate how many will be with them? Seems like the easiest way to get a count.

Done Deal
06-09-2009, 09:34 AM

I am a master at burning hot dogs on the grill....

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-09-2009, 09:43 AM

I suggested this once but maybe it got lost in the volume of messages, but wouldn't it be helpful to simply post a poll asking "are you planning to attend?" And design it in such a way that people could indicate how many will be with them? Seems like the easiest way to get a count.

A MOD would have to do it in this section, I think.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-09-2009, 10:13 AM
If you guys are providing burgers, dogs, buns, etc., I want to throw some money at you to reimburse. That gets expensive. I will bring stuff that can be shared also.I cant afford to bring enough burgers for 50 but I was planning on bringing about 4 packs of meat which should feed abot 10 and I am bringing the ketchup, mustard, cheese onions salt,pepper, and cole slaw, my coolers not to big LOL

KayL
06-09-2009, 11:19 AM
"OH ****", K's coming!!!!
HAHA Glad to hear your coming out Kay.
WHAT? Were you there too? Which one were you????? Maybe we should go to PM for this, eh?

[Actually, it was more like "ohhhhhh, fuuu-UUUUU-uuuuuu*k."]

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-09-2009, 11:50 AM
WHAT? Were you there too? Which one were you????? Maybe we should go to PM for this, eh?

[Actually, it was more like "ohhhhhh, fuuu-UUUUU-uuuuuu*k."]

Haha, I was on your firing line all the way to the left.

customizedcreationz
06-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Guys I ll be there with a few toys ! :pistols:

If anyone wants to shoot the 500 Magnum just bring a few bucks per shot and its all yours !

Thanks
Todd

johnzilla
06-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I'll bring a couple giant bags of potato chips and pretzels and some extra plates and napkins just in case.

Done Deal
06-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok, I am in for potatoe salad but, we really do need to get some sort of a head count if possible. I don't want to be eating leftover potatoe salad for the next three weeks.....but, at the same time, I want to bring enough.

FourtyFiveXD
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I will be there with my AR, my XD 45 and my new LCR.

Susquash
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I plan on attending the shoot and will have a wood target stand for combat shooting. I think Done Deal has some of the combat target I gave him left.

Also for you guys from out of town just thought I'd let you know that Young Guns in Alma just got a big shipment of reloading powders in today in case you are coming to the shoot and are looking for powder. Too bad they are out of primers like everyone else :(

Hope to see you all at the shoot.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I plan on attending the shoot and will have a wood target stand for combat shooting. I think Done Deal has some of the combat target I gave him left.

Also for you guys from out of town just thought I'd let you know that Young Guns in Alma just got a big shipment of reloading powders in today in case you are coming to the shoot and are looking for powder. Too bad they are out of primers like everyone else :(

Hope to see you all at the shoot.

If you go in there tell Ray that Keith from The Training Team sent you, he'll take care of ya.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-09-2009, 09:31 PM
If someone wants to start a yes, no, maybe, poll to see who's coming that would be great. I have no clue how to do it.

Keith

FourtyFiveXD
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I am just curious on what kind of guns people will be bringing. I have a bunch of 22's that are asking to be shot.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Im bringing lots of 22LR ammo that needs a home

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Im bringing
WASR-10
S&W 1006
XD9MM service
XD40 Tactical

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I am just curious on what kind of guns people will be bringing. I have a bunch of 22's that are asking to be shot.

I'll have my AR,SKS,a couple buckmarks, and a glock 17 and 36.

Cherokee
06-09-2009, 11:44 PM
If someone wants to start a yes, no, maybe, poll to see who's coming that would be great. I have no clue how to do it.

Keith

We need a MOD to start a poll for us.

Hey MOD, how about a POLL with numbers 1 through 6 on it. If a guy is coming and bringing 3 people with him, he can select " 4 ". I think this would be a simple way to add them up. And at the bottom, place a " MayBe " for those who aren't sure yet.

PLEASE?

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
We have a poll going http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52210

Cherokee
06-09-2009, 11:56 PM
We have a poll going http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52210

NOW someone tells me, LOL. Thanx.

RevDerb
06-10-2009, 06:00 AM

All of them, probably. :hick:

customizedcreationz
06-10-2009, 06:18 AM
I ll bring my 500 , a couple custom Sigs , GSG-5 ( since thats always fun to shoot ), maybe the AK 22lr, Sig 556, FAL, Cetme ( if anyone wants to bring cash for the Cetme ), Maybe my 1919a4. I am not sure what else, maybe some home made cookies !

SW 500 4"
P226 .40
P226 9mm
P229 40 and .357 sig barrels
Mosquito's 22lr
GSG-5 22 lr
AK-47 22 lr
Sig 556 .223
FAL .308
Cetme .308
M1 Garand 30'06
M1 Carbine 30 carbine ( I dont have any ammo for this , so if you want to shoot it bring ammo )
Saiga 12 gauge unconverted but I ll bring the 20 round drum
AK-47 7.62x39
Colt 1911 45 acp
SW 29-10 44 mag 4"

I ll try and think of others, or if someone has something in mind to try out......maybe I should bring two tables......

customizedcreationz
06-10-2009, 06:24 AM
I am going to bring a table to setup and put my guns on. If anyone wants to "rent" one my guns ( in other words just pay for ammo ) then thats fine with me. Or if you want to bring ammo, it has to be factory ammo I approve of before shooting it ( obviously I cant let someone shoot Little Johnny's home made reloads in a $1500-2000 guns ).

Plus I ll set the cookies on the table to attract attention !!! :idea2:

Done Deal
06-10-2009, 06:33 AM
I ll set the cookies on the table to attract attention !!! :idea2:

What kinda cookies?????

FourtyFiveXD
06-10-2009, 07:35 AM
I will let someone shoot my LCR and AR if someone lets me shoot an M1 garand.:shiner:

customizedcreationz
06-10-2009, 07:39 AM
What kinda cookies?????

Probably have one of the kids make some home made from scratch Chocolate Chip or something......

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Probably have one of the kids make some home made from scratch Chocolate Chip or something......Dang your kids feed you, if my kids made something I would send it out to be FDA approved first but I love em anyway :yikes:

FourtyFiveXD
06-10-2009, 07:55 AM
I also forgot to mention that I have about 15 rounds of 8mm that I will bring for anyone that wants to shoot it. I no longer have a mauser, so its taking up a little space.

customizedcreationz
06-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Dang your kids feed you, if my kids made something I would send it out to be FDA approved first but I love em anyway :yikes:

I beat them well. I mean treat them well.... 8-)

Done Deal
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Wally World in Alma still has Fed bulk packs of .223 , forty bucks a hundred rounds in case anybody is interested.

It isn't even in the case, and has been sitting on the counter for several days.

customizedcreationz
06-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Anything I have for sale , if anybody wants to meet up , I'll bring it up there. Probably be the only chance I ll be up that way for a long time.

Hextall27
06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Nuts, I'd really like to come meet some of you guys, but I've got a wedding (not mine) that day. Let me know when the next shooting get-together is taking place and I can probably help. At the very least I could whip up some tasty snacks.

Edwin
06-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Hey this sounds really interesting, I've been to the Edwardsburg range

jihodge84
06-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Just saw this tonight.
I'd like to try to make it, might call my dad up (non member) and see if he wants to tag along.

:ukliam2: Josh

FourtyFiveXD
06-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Looks like it'll be a nice day tomorrow.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-12-2009, 02:42 PM
I'll have my phone on me if anyone needs anything or gets turned around and needs help finding it:

989-620-1059

postban
06-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Looks like it'll be a nice day tomorrow.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4&size=2x&type=loop

Hopefully this ^ rain dies out instead of heading for the shoot. I will be looking at the weather in the AM and deciding if I wanna ride that far in rain.

RevDerb
06-12-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.wunderground.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4&size=2x&type=loop

Hopefully this ^ rain dies out instead of heading for the shoot. I will be looking at the weather in the AM and deciding if I wanna ride that far in rain.

We'll all put on our sunny dispositions for you so even if it does rain, you won't even feel it. DON'T BE A WUSS! (sp?) :lol:

FourtyFiveXD
06-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Says only 20% chance.... I'll say thats more like 50/50, It will, or it wont.

postban
06-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Says only 20% chance.... I'll say thats more like 50/50, It will, or it wont.

Thats true for up there but 30% for down here and that is a sizable blob of a storm. Not too bad but it is almost 3 hours each way for me. We'll see about 0600 tomorrow when I get up. I want to go, be fun to meet up.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Im packing as I type :salute:

Cherokee
06-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Weather channel online is calling for 80% chance of rain for Alma tomorrow:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/USMI0020?dayNum=1&from=36hr_fcst_business

Done Deal
06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Weather channel online is calling for 80% chance of rain for Alma tomorrow:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/USMI0020?dayNum=1&from=36hr_fcst_business

Give it a few minutes and it will change again.

I dunno how many times that I have checked out the forcast for tomorrow and it seems like every time I do it is different.

I plan on being there....rain or shine, with my wifes potatoe salad and the grill to burn all those dogs that folks are bringing.

Hope to see everybody there.

DD

Cherokee
06-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Will we be under a cover of some sort?

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Will we be under a cover of some sort?

There is the club and I will be there early to put up thew big awning on the range for cover

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Weather channel looks like the only real chance of rain is between 11am and 3 pm.

KayL
06-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Someone mentioned a good idea earlier...

Everyone should bring ammo in calibers of something they may want to shoot. That way we aren't using other people's ammo at a time when it's expensive and hard to get.

I'm going to bring ammo for the calibers I have, plus anything I may want to try of other peoples. For instance, someone mentioned bringing an M1 so I will bring 30-06 so I can shoot it too.

My friend and I are bringing a few food goodies to share also.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-12-2009, 07:47 PM

Everyone should bring ammo in calibers of something they may want to shoot. That way we aren't using other people's ammo at a time when it's expensive and hard to get.

I'm going to bring ammo for the calibers I have, plus anything I may want to try of other peoples. For instance, someone mentioned bringing an M1 so I will bring 30-06 so I can shoot it too.

Very good idea Kay. Cant wait to see you put those HG 2 skills to work tomorrow!

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-12-2009, 08:54 PM
See you guys in the morning are we getting name tags LOL I wont know anyone :wave:

FourtyFiveXD
06-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Ammo? What's that and where can I get some?!

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Ammo? What's that and where can I get some?!

The walmart in ALMA has been stocking some 9mm and .223. Might want to check there before stopping out.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Im packed God I hope I do not get pulled over it would be fun explaining 5 guns and about 1000 rds of ammo and bowling pins LOL :score:

customizedcreationz
06-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Well I am getting things ready. You think its bad with 5 guns and 1000 rounds of ammo......

I got some cool stickers made up and banners etc , so I ll have them out to display as well ! You guys can tell me what you think !

Todd

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Im packed God I hope I do not get pulled over it would be fun explaining 5 guns and about 1000 rds of ammo and bowling pins LOL :score:

We should be able to use the tables that they have for bowling pins.

IM packed up and off to bed, see ya'll tomorrow!!

postban
06-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Radar is showing a lot of green, I'm out for riding up there. I hope you guys have a good shoot and stay dry.

johnzilla
06-13-2009, 05:33 AM
I'll be up there around 10-ish. If you see a city slicker in a black Explorer driving around looking lost, flag me down because I'll have ammo. And cookies. :)

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-13-2009, 06:11 AM
I'll be up there around 10-ish. If you see a city slicker in a black Explorer driving around looking lost, flag me down because I'll have ammo. And cookies. :)

we'll keep an eye out.

Doesnt look like its going to be that bad, maybe a little light rain here and there. Not enough to keep me home.

durus5995
06-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Well I have recovered from my buddies birthday last night and I am packing up right now.

Done Deal
06-13-2009, 04:41 PM
What an absolutely gorgeous day....we could have had a little more of a breeze (kinda humid) but, all in all it couldn't have been much better.

Food was good and company was better.

johnzilla
06-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Just wanted to say I enjoyed meeting everyone and had a lot of fun! :D

The weather cleared up nicely and it was a nice place to just sit back, chat and shoot.

I wish I could have stayed longer but doggie clocks wait for no man! LOL

Hopefully we can get another one going before it gets too cold.

FourtyFiveXD
06-13-2009, 05:27 PM
What a nice day to shoot... I'm glad I went. Definatley can't wait till the next one.

parkerinc
06-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Glad you all had a good time, I wanted to go but I had to work 7-5:30 today. I hope to make the next one.

Jim

shurhouse
06-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Great Day, I was a little apprehensive, never attending a shoot like that, with people I've not met. I couldn't have had a nicer time. Everyone was just wonderful. The sharing of firearms, ammo, jokes, opinions and food was very enjoyable. Thanks Keith for all your effort, count me in anytime your hosting. To each of you that made it out - thank you for a great time.

customizedcreationz
06-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Keith,
Thank you very much for allowing us to come out and have such a great time today ! I was a little worried about the heavy rain by our house, but it turned out to be a beautiful day after all. It was very nice to put some new faces to the screen names today ! And thank you everyone for the food and company ! I appreciate you guys and gals letting us try some of your guns out. Here are some pictures of today. I got some cool pictures with some ejected shell casings ! The only thing I was bummed about..... We forgot to get a group picture !

Thanks
Todd, Krys, and Todd Jr.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/customizedcreations/OfficialMGOMid-MichiganShootuly10th.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/customizedcreations/KeiththeTrainingTeamCPLMGOShootJuly.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/customizedcreations/Doughboy.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/customizedcreations/RandyMGOShootJuly13th2009.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/customizedcreations/CustomizedCreationzJuly13thMGOSh-1.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/customizedcreations/CustomizedCreationzJuly13thMGOShoot.jpg

durus5995
06-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey I was able to make it right as the tent was coming down. Sorry I wasnt their sooner but my girlfriend had a nasty fall in a parking lot and messed up her foot. Thanks Keith for sticking around and letting me get some personal defense ammo tested in my 45 and M1 Carbine.

UTPD#5
06-15-2009, 07:34 AM
My thanks go out to all that helped plan this event, sorry that I could not attend.

Is this going to be an annual event? HINT HINT

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-15-2009, 10:44 AM
My thanks go out to all that helped plan this event, sorry that I could not attend.

Is this going to be an annual event? HINT HINT

Its quite possible, Its something that I have wanted to put together for a long time. So it'l probably turn into a yearly event.

Done Deal
06-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Its quite possible, Its something that I have wanted to put together for a long time. So it'l probably turn into a yearly event.

Especially now that you know how to assemble the canopy....:crazy: :wink:

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Especially now that you know how to assemble the canopy....:crazy: :wink:

holy crap, that was interesting.

Done Deal
06-15-2009, 11:11 AM
And, it will never be large enough for a second year so....don't bother putting that experience on your resume.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
06-15-2009, 11:47 AM
And, it will never be large enough for a second year so....don't bother putting that experience on your resume.

what do you mean?

KayL
06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Means you'll need TWO canopies for next year.

I was kinda hoping for another one next weekend, but I guess that's not going to happen, huh? Okay, how about quarterly... or 2x/yr at least?? Please, please, please.....

Done Deal
06-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Means you'll need TWO canopies for next year.

I was kinda hoping for another one next weekend, but I guess that's not going to happen, huh? Okay, how about quarterly... or 2x/yr at least?? Please, please, please.....

I may still be eating potato salad next weekend too....

I used to have a get together at my place...it went from 15 to over a hundred in a few short years. The neighbors thought WWIII had started...hehehe.....

Anyway Keith, I think that the Alma Sports Boosters rents tents pretty cheap....but sadly, they don't come with instructions either and....we would definitely need my bigger sledge for those stakes.

DOUGHBOY RACING
06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
I may still be eating potato salad next weekend too....

I used to have a get together at my place...it went from 15 to over a hundred in a few short years. The neighbors thought WWIII had started...hehehe.....

Anyway Keith, I think that the Alma Sports Boosters rents tents pretty cheap....but sadly, they don't come with instructions either and....we would definitely need my bigger sledge for those stakes.Hire those folks that put up tents for kids b-day parties next time , They might even throw in some free pony rides :cheers: :laughing: