PDA

View Full Version : Renewal - 18 days

Walther
12-03-2018, 03:41 PM
The envelope was not sealed. The adhesive had never been wetted. Fortunately the CPL was still in there along with a piece of paper. No idea if my PIN was compromised. Any thoughts on if I should say something?

sse
12-03-2018, 03:54 PM
I don't know but I wonder if this (https://www.wxyz.com/news/michigan-begins-online-renewal-for-concealed-pistol-licenses?fbclid=IwAR3q34U4nHMy79Ks5Bplfb_wxfWV4A5o 9Hf_sFzmPhrw4lkJ7Bq4MNxeHe8) will be quicker

PhotoTom
12-03-2018, 05:50 PM
The PIN is just for online renewal anyway, so unless you're concerned that someone may pay for your next renewal for you online (IF they use the same PIN from one renewal to the next), I wouldn't sweat it since you got the CPL.

In Monroe Co…you almost have to consider that lucky! (they probably hoped it would fall out of the envelope before it was delivered so they could further delay you and get more money out of you for a replacement…probably would have made you come pick it up in person the second time around, too!).

Leader
12-03-2018, 07:49 PM
The PIN is just for online renewal anyway, so unless you're concerned that someone may pay for your next renewal for you online (IF they use the same PIN from one renewal to the next), I wouldn't sweat it since you got the CPL.

In Monroe Co…you almost have to consider that lucky! (they probably hoped it would fall out of the envelope before it was delivered so they could further delay you and get more money out of you for a replacement…probably would have made you come pick it up in person the second time around, too!).

Or... better yet, you'd give up and just not get the renewal.

Walther
12-04-2018, 12:09 PM
I don't know but I wonder if this (https://www.wxyz.com/news/michigan-begins-online-renewal-for-concealed-pistol-licenses?fbclid=IwAR3q34U4nHMy79Ks5Bplfb_wxfWV4A5o 9Hf_sFzmPhrw4lkJ7Bq4MNxeHe8) will be quicker

That's why I was wondering about the PIN. There's always next time!

I've never had a bad experience. The original took 30 days, the renewal 18. Maybe they just like me.

If you look at the other entries, it seems they got off to a slow start but have been doing better. All of the protracted waits were earlier.

sse
12-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Number of years ago, i had a guy with an attitude go into monroe, started with the security/detector crap, got worse from there. I filed the righteous indignation case, judge didn't buy it.