PDA

View Full Version : Any Walleye Guys?

buckpula
04-09-2019, 08:41 AM
Fished lake Erie 4/8 caught 23 eye released females bigger than 25" ended up 3 man limit. Purples and pinks worked best , deep husky jerks and deep bandit's 30-35 foot back. Fished Fermi to stoney point 17-21 foot of water, moving at 1.6-1.8 mph. Tried the river a few times over the past two weeks numbers aren't in yet. I plan on hitting the river harder next week. Just a report if anyone heads out

Tight Lines

Jackam
04-09-2019, 08:49 AM
Wow!

What a great report! MikethePike is quite the walleye-er.
He's a Detroit River guy. I've been out fishing with him four times, I believe, and he really knows the river.
I went to Skipper Buds and looked at small fishing boats yesterday. Looks like $20,000 new. Going to Craigslist today! :D

JohnJak
04-09-2019, 11:31 AM
My fish monger(next door neighbor) always brings fillets to my Estate.

due51
04-09-2019, 11:45 AM
I used to jig the river all the time. Great fishery and always a lot of fun. I miss it and my boat.

buckpula
04-09-2019, 12:18 PM
I fish alot on the water no so much hard water anymore until my little guy asks. I might sell my boat if interest 2004 lund 1700 fishermen 140 4 stroke johnsons hds 7" gen 2 at bow hds gen 3 9" at helm 80 i5 motor guide, down riggers, 4 newer batteries, rod holders few more things. I have to get from up north this weekend I've been in my uncles boats past 4 weeks my uncle and I have been kicking the idea to sell both and get a 1850 lund I'm keeping all my rods and tackle she has boated ALOT of eyes over the past years

mikethepike
04-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Wow!

What a great report! MikethePike is quite the walleye-er.
He's a Detroit River guy. I've been out fishing with him four times, I believe, and he really knows the river.
! :D

No need for me to hit the lake as the resident walleye never leave + I don't like eating the 24"+

buckpula
04-12-2019, 08:49 AM
I'll be on the river starting Sunday or Monday depending on weather reports are its heating up. Last 3x on river few weeks back was a struggle to get a limit. Last year caught 45 walleyes in 4hours that was a fun day and jigged up my first fishing pole after posting on multiple sites no one could describe so my son got a new pole :-)

buckpula
04-22-2019, 08:44 PM
4-22 report

My two uncles and I went out 930am-230pm fished Trenton channel just down stream from free bridge I went 16 for 20 keeping just my limit of 5. All males 16-19" we ended up with our 3 man limit all in all good day on the water

Jackam
05-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Detroit River: Anglers are still taking a good number of walleye including limit catches from the south end of Grosse Ile. Walleye were caught near the Trenton Power Plant however the white bass were starting to move in. Most are jigging a minnow, but some were starting to use a crawler harness down near the mouth. White bass were caught from Wyandotte on up. Perch fishing slowed so the bluegills are now moving into the canals and marinas.

MIKE! IS IT TIME?!

buckpula
05-10-2019, 06:27 AM
Sorry if anyone was following I have posting I haven't posted report last several times out, but I would say this is the last week/weekend b4 the silvers come in I've limited every time out in 2hrs or less biggest I pulled from river this year 27" 7lb spawned out female last Sunday. PM if you want depths and locations

Crawdaddio
05-10-2019, 06:39 AM
Eye use to be, but Laser surgery fixed it.

Jackam
05-10-2019, 06:53 AM
I take it you were jigging?

buckpula
05-10-2019, 08:42 AM
I take it you were jigging?

Yes jigging from steel mill to mouth of Erie. Pimp daddy(green and purple),fire tiger have been hot for me with rootbeer tail, minnow and stinger hook biggest fish where shallow 12-14 fow

buckpula
05-12-2019, 09:59 PM
5-12 report.

Started late got out around 11ish launch Erie metro park jigged by humbug in 19-21 fow 8 first drift and grinded out last 7 got off water around 3. All in all good day little rain and wind but nothing too bad. My son,uncle and myself punched 3 man ticket. Firetiger jig with rootbeer tail topped with minnow did the job. Only 4 silvers, but we stayed deep

Tight line

Jackam
05-22-2019, 06:16 PM
From the DNR:

"Detroit River: Good walleye fishing continues with limit catches reported. A good number of white bass were also caught. Try vertical jigging with a 1-ounce jig tipped with a Wyandotte worm and a stinger hook. The 4-inch brown plastic worm worked best, and the stinger hook was a must."

Advice pro or con?

G22
06-03-2019, 12:00 PM
Just saw this. We went 5-25 9am out of Del Ray for white bass. Kept 75 (3 man limit) and threw back at least 4-5 for each keeper. Most of the walleye fishers we saw stopped fishing for walleye and switched over to bass. I guess it was mostly all they were catching anyway.

We only stayed for 3hrs (almost 400 fish is more than enough fun for one day) we left right before the rain hit. When the bass are in, we don't fish walleye as general rule.

We gave away all 75 to people fishing the wall at Del Ray. They were happy, we were happy!

Early July we hit St. Clair River and stock up for the winter.