PDA

View Full Version : Shame on our DNR for not thinking of this!

Jackam
05-13-2019, 05:33 PM
A perennial issue in the Alabama Statehouse for the last eight years, the highly controversial baiting bill is now law. (http://congressionalsportsmen.org/the-media-room/news/alabama-controversial-baiting-bill-becomes-law)

According to the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources press release: “Hunters in Alabama can now hunt white-tailed deer (when in season) and feral pigs with the aid of bait on privately owned or leased lands if they have purchased and are in possession of an annual bait privilege license issued by the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR). The new license, $15 for resident individual hunters and $51 for non-residents, is now available anywhere hunting licenses are sold including online at www.outdooralabama.com.”

balrog006
05-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Bbbbbbbbbbbuuuuutttttttt....... baiting spreads CWD, how can we license and permit that ? :rant::rant:

luckless
05-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Bbbbbbbbbbbuuuuutttttttt....... baiting spreads CWD, how can we license and permit that ? :rant::rant:

We can do it!

For the right price, of course.

CyborgWarrior
05-13-2019, 06:00 PM
A license and a tax. That will cure it.

oldmann1967
05-13-2019, 06:12 PM
We don't want baiting. Good way to spread disease of many kinds, the worst being TB.

Sledhead
05-13-2019, 06:40 PM
The thing spreading is the cougar population.

gjgalligan
05-13-2019, 07:07 PM
Quote:
they have purchased and are in possession of an annual bait privilege license issued by the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR).

It's all about the money.

balrog006
05-13-2019, 09:11 PM
It's all about the money.

Someone is making it hand over fist for sure.... thing is the whole state and its economy suffers from the vast overpopulation of the deer herd-accidents, vehicular repair, lost work, wages, medical costs, crops, property damage-the list is near endless...

We could actually use A DECENT WHITETAIL PLAGUE to really cull the herd to safe numbers for the population, all things considered.

JohnJak
05-13-2019, 10:55 PM
I never baited for deer.

oldmann1967
05-14-2019, 10:12 AM
Someone is making it hand over fist for sure.... thing is the whole state and its economy suffers from the vast overpopulation of the deer herd-accidents, vehicular repair, lost work, wages, medical costs, crops, property damage-the list is near endless...

We could actually use A DECENT WHITETAIL PLAGUE to really cull the herd to safe numbers for the population, all things considered.

I agree with you on the whitetail herd, bit my issue is what happens when the agricultural herds are affected. Bad news when you have to slaughter you 1000-4000 head of cattle. I would love to see an open season or no license for does for a few years.

balrog006
05-15-2019, 06:43 AM
I agree with you on the whitetail herd, bit my issue is what happens when the agricultural herds are affected. Bad news when you have to slaughter you 1000-4000 head of cattle. I would love to see an open season or no license for does for a few years.

I was specific for a reason. Yes that is a big difference and a huge deal-I live in farm county, my neighbor and good friend is a cattle (dairy) farmer and some of those diseases would destroy his farm... all the more reason to heavily cull the whitetail herd-a smaller deer presence means less chance of transmission to livestock.

CyborgHunter
05-19-2019, 08:30 AM
It's bovine TB.
The deer contracted from the cattle.

balrog006
05-19-2019, 04:05 PM
And nothing to stop it now from going back and forth...

oldmann1967
05-19-2019, 06:24 PM
It's bovine TB.
The deer contracted from the cattle.

Right, and the deer transmit it to other herds or re-infect.