PDA

View Full Version : Administrator Resignation

PhotoTom
07-22-2019, 12:33 PM
As stated prior to the election, I am resigning my position as Forums Administrator since I have successfully been elected to the Board of Directors.

Although there is nothing "in writing" saying that a Board Member cannot be a Forum Staff member (Administrator, Super Moderator, etc), this organization has had a few degrees of separation between the Board and the Forum Staff in order to prevent mistakes being made that another organization did prior to MGO's inception (and a big reason for MGO's inception). This wasn't fully possible "at first", but once the organization grew, Lance (former Administrator) created the separation for the above reasons, and I have upheld that separation since he left over a decade ago.

Last year, my Co-Admin (Zigziggityzoo) and I brought G22 onboard as a Forums Administrator in order to prepare for my exit as the Forums Administrator. Zig has always served as our Server Admin (behind the scenes and under the hood) while I have served as the Forums Administrator where policy, procedure, training, rules changes/updates, etc have been concerned. G22 will do an excellent job of fully replacing me now that I am resigning and taking on my new role as a Board Member, leading the organization while G22 and Zig lead/manage the forums.

I want to thank the members voting. I am honored and humbled by the unanimous support/votes, and I will do my absolute best to serve the Members of MGO as a Board Member.

Thanks again,
Tom DeRousie
MGO BoD Trustee Elect

Tallbear
07-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Thank you Tom for your long standing duties as Admin of Michigan Gun Owners most valuable asset, our message forum.

It's always been a thankless job that is often been riddled with insults and threats. Being thick skinned can sometimes be an under statement.

So, welcome to the Board of Directors where the same will most like happen to you there.

dramey82
07-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Thanks Tom, FYI I posted a question in another thread before reading this, just ignore it. ��

Ruger
07-22-2019, 06:08 PM
Tom, To say you've done an exemplary job over the years as Administrator is an understatement.

I look forward to seeing how you flourish wearing new shoes and furthering the MGO cause.

dramey82
07-22-2019, 07:35 PM
This will be missed!

oldmann1967
07-22-2019, 09:59 PM
Thank you Tom for filling your admin role. Looking forward to seeing you in your new position.

RifleGuy
07-23-2019, 09:16 AM
Thanks, Tom!

Biden hug....

TheWabbit
07-23-2019, 10:24 AM
Thanks for all your work Tom!

SteveS
07-23-2019, 11:30 AM
I am glad to see you in a position of leadership, but your work as an Admin will be missed.

Steve

04JRB
07-23-2019, 02:05 PM
Thank you for everything, Tom. Im looking forward to a MGO with you in the leadership.

Maranatha
07-23-2019, 03:47 PM
thank you Tom

tenthumbs
07-24-2019, 07:32 AM
We will miss your steady hand Tom. Thank you for all your work! :cheers:

partdeux
07-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Thank you Tom!

And a HUGE thank you to Ziggity for the removal ballot proposal.

Jackam
07-25-2019, 07:58 AM
This announcement was a stunner to me.

MGO was in turmoil. The very existence of the forum was in question. The lies from certain (former)BOD members were rampant. The personal attacks on anyone that challenged the hurtful actions of those BOD members had become so common, it was expected. I didn't see a way for this org to survive.

Tom has surprised me many, many times with his leadership on the forum staff. His experience in dealing with people was amazing. His input on hot topics that the forum staff would be discussing was well thought out and helpful in guiding the forum into peaceful waters. The biggest surprise that he laid out was his plan to save MGO. Like I said, it was a stunner. I believe Tom really enjoys administering the forum and keeping things running smoothly. To quit that in order to oust a diseased threat to the org was a selfless move. He was thinking of MGO and not of himself.

Six months from now, most will not even give a second thought as to how close MGO was to perishing. I'll remember and I'll applaud loudly every time this new BOD takes a step forward to advance the org. It would not have happened if Tom hadn't made this huge move and three others stepped up to run along side of him. Tallbear was in a tight spot. Hopefully today he's breathing a lot easier.

I'm confident that MGO is better off than it was a month ago thanks to this huge step.

Jackam
07-25-2019, 07:59 AM
And a HUGE thank you to Ziggity for the removal ballot proposal.:thumbup:

Pond Scum
07-25-2019, 09:18 AM
Tom, Thanks for everything you have done for MGO and thanks for stepping up to the BOD! Good things are coming to MGO with the new leadership team in place!

I'm confident that MGO is better off than it was a month ago thanks to this huge step.

I agree with your entire post and I strongly agree that MGO is on a path to a much more functional organization! :smile:

Ed Hoffman
07-29-2019, 05:15 AM
Thanks for your many years as admin.
Good luck on the board

sse
08-08-2019, 10:43 AM
I don't know of any other web forum that has had such highly qualified people running the site. A lot of the time admins just stumble through and screw things up. Not here.