PDA

View Full Version : Looking for land lease in SE MI - shotgun shooting for sporting clays, not hunting

Wyckedmystic
02-17-2020, 01:13 PM
Hi there!

I'm looking to lease some land with some decent acreage - 3 acres plus maybe? I shoot trap and skeet, so basically sporting clays. I'm not into hunting, I just want a place I can go and relax in some nature and shoot the hell out of some clays with a 12 gauge!

No rifles or pistols, just shotguns shooting at stationary targets (sometimes) or (mostly) sporting clays. I have my own stuff, I only need you to provide the land. I'm okay with a month to month arrangement or an annual lease. Happy to sign an indemnification clause that protects you in case I shoot myself in the face. Max annual lease amount around $1500, give or take. Ideally this will be 20 - 30 minutes from Walled Lake MI, but I'll go further if need be.

Text is fine at 248.875.6139, or else you can email me at jkconklin1@yahoo.com

I appreciate your consideration!

Ruger
02-17-2020, 01:29 PM
Join Multi Lakes. They have a sweet SC course. (http://multilakes.com/membership-info/)

Wyckedmystic
02-17-2020, 01:38 PM
Hey thank Ruger, I did check them out but unfortunately they mostly have weekend hours which doesn't work for my schedule.

Jackam
02-18-2020, 09:52 AM
First off - good post OP!
You'll find your lease, no doubt.

I have several properties that I would lease (at less than half the rate!) for this, but alas, they are hours away from you and not feasible to you.

Are clays still clay? Do they biodegrade? That might be your biggest obstacle.

You may get your spot here, but have you stopped and knocked on doors at properties that you think might work for you?

Wyckedmystic
02-18-2020, 02:59 PM
Hi Jackam -

Thanks for the reply! I'm using White Flyer biodegradable sporting clays, so yes, they will biodegrade. Interesting idea on reaching out to property owners directly, I hadn't considered that, thanks for the input.