PDA

View Full Version : IDPA Match April 11th?

SEMIEMT
04-07-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm trying to find out some info on a match coming up this weekend. I got an email saying they hold one this weekend at Livingston but I can't find out where.

I posted in the Livingston Gun club forum and someone said it might be the Livingston Conservation place instead.

Does anybody have any information on where/address etc on this match? It's quite a drive for me:moped: but I don't want to miss it.

Thanks,

Big_Jim
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Livingston Conservation club is a IDPA club

http://www.lcsa.info/ is their site but it appears to be down right now, check back later or call Dave Johnson

Livingston Conservation and Sports Association
Brighton, MI
USA
2nd Sat.
David A. Johnson
Home: 517-552-9551
Work: 248-624-4545
Fax: 248-624-8722

wishn-i-was-fishn
04-07-2009, 09:18 AM
I believe I already answered this for your in the other thread you started this morning on the the same topic.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=419704#post419704

Additionaly contact information for Dave Johnson, the match director, can be found at IDPA's webiste:

http://www.idpa.com/clublist.asp?state=MI

wishn-i-was-fishn
04-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Here is Livngston Conservation and Sport Association's address for you to map quest directions:

8532 McClements Road. Brighton, MI 48116.

In the past they have run several squads for a match.

If my memory is correct first group starts shooting at 9AM Another group at about 11AM and at least one more group around 1PM. Arrive at least 30 minutes early to sign-in and attend the shooter meeting. Keep it safe and have fun.

rlhunt
04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Gentlemen,
You are correct, LC&SA will be holding an IDPA match this weekend. We are located at 8532 McClements rd Brighton MI. Shoot times are 9, 11 and 1pm. Show up at least 1/2 hour before the shoot times to registar. Safety meetings are manditory before each time slot. Bring at least 125 rounds and all rest of your IDPA gear. EAR and EYE protection are require at all times while on the range.
Our IDPA shcedual is posted in the Shooting related events on this fourm for more information.
Currently our website is down and undergoing major reconstruction. Sorry for the inconveince. If you need more info on our IDPA matches contact myself (Rich Hunt) or Dave Johnson.

Thanks for the intrest,

Rich Hunt
PResident, LC&SA

wishn-i-was-fishn
04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Gentlemen,
You are correct, LC&SA will be holding an IDPA match this weekend. We are located at 8532 McClements rd Brighton MI. Shoot times are 9, 11 and 1pm. Show up at least 1/2 hour before the shoot times to registar. Safety meetings are manditory before each time slot. Bring at least 125 rounds and all rest of your IDPA gear. EAR and EYE protection are require at all times while on the range.
Our IDPA shcedual is posted in the Shooting related events on this fourm for more information.
Currently our website is down and undergoing major reconstruction. Sorry for the inconveince. If you need more info on our IDPA matches contact myself (Rich Hunt) or Dave Johnson.

Thanks for the intrest,

Rich Hunt
PResident, LC&SA

My poor memory isn't as bad as I thought. I didn't make it out to your matches much last year cause of too many schedule conflicts. Looks like it will be the same again this summer. But I will try to get out at least once. You guys always put on an interesting and fun match.

rlhunt
04-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Let me know what one you can make it out to, I like to put faces with the names we use here. I shoot the 11 am lines and usually can have Dave squad anyone with me. One of the perks of being President.

Rich

SEMIEMT
04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Thank you for the low down ;-)

And yes fishn you did help, I was just looking for more difinitive info. I was just trying to get everything all confirmed before setting up babysitters etc, figured this would be a better place to pose the question..

Thank you for all the information and I look forward to seeing you guys out there on Sat.

wishn-i-was-fishn
04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Glad you found what you were looking for. Hope the weather is good on Sat.
Have fun!

SEMIEMT
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
So far so good on the weather, but this is Michigan so we'll find out Sat morning ;-)

Anybody know if I'll have a problem shooting without my membership info yet? I'm waiting on my IDPA packet but I get 1 shoot without correct? I've attended some IDPA type practice events but never a match, and from what I've read you can do one.

I'm getting classified on April 15th but as of right now I can just shoot unclassified correct?

wishn-i-was-fishn
04-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Frankly, most of the clubs around here don't push real hard on the IDPA membership for shooting the club level matches. We see lots of folks regularly show up and shoot as unclassified. We would love to have them join IDPA and eventually most do.

For regional & state matches you absolutely must be an IDPA member and classified shooter.

I am sure Dave at LCSA won't have any problems with you participating especially since your paperwork is in process.

Where is your "home" range for shooting IDPA?

One last tip! Many of us here are happy to try and help answer anyone's questions but for myself personnally I find it usually best to just go right to the source if I want to be sure I am getting the correct info. In this case the best way to get direct and correct answers for your questions about LCSA would be to call Dave Johnson. His home, work and cell phone numbers and his email address are listed on the IDPA website and were posted in this thread as well. Dave is a great guy and will be happy to help you with any info related to IDPA at LCSA.

LivoniaDan
04-10-2009, 02:55 PM
QUESTION FOR RICH LSCA

Since the website is down....
When is the Beginners Class for IDPA?
I have a son-in-law that wants to attend (Probably me too).

rlhunt
04-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Dan,
That class was 2 weeks ago, sorry about the website being down but we have had to move it to a new server and most of it was lost in the transfer, so we are totally rebuilding it and it should be up in a week or so.
Even though you missed out on the class come on out and shoot with us we always enjoy having new shooters. I beleive that there are still a few open slots in all three of the time frames (9,11 and 1)

Rich Hunt

SEMIEMT
04-11-2009, 07:28 PM
That was a blast! Great time, great club and an awesome place to shoot. The stages were exciting and the tactical house on stage 5 was fun! Can't wait to see the scores in a few days..

Once again, thanks

rlhunt
04-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks for coming out and having a good time at our club, Glad that you enjoyed the TAC stage on bay 5. Look for more in the future. Also look for more range improvements to our pistol ranges in the next few months.

Rich Hunt
President, LC&SA

SEMIEMT
04-13-2009, 11:56 PM
I know your site is still down and rather than email everybody the scores why not post them in a thread on here? He could just email the link instead? Just a thought...

Can't wait to see um..

Cory