PDA

View Full Version : Like to find IDPA event...

smac61
05-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Where (and when) might I find an IDPA event not too far from Warren? I'd like to observe a few matches before I give it a try...

Thanks,
Sean

mitommy
05-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Check out Detriot Sportsmans Congress. Located in Utica (I think)
they have matches the 4th Saturday of each month.
They also run practice nights (Fridays ?)

KayL
05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
http://www.idpa.com/clublist.asp?state=MI

May not be completely up to date with seasonal changes.

wurm
05-09-2009, 06:42 PM
http://www.idpa.com/clublist.asp?state=MI

May not be completely up to date with seasonal changes.

Every time I look at that list it makes me happy that we have so many places in southeast Michigan that host IDPA matches. Talking to some other people online not every place is that lucky.

Smac61, Detroit Sportsmen's Congress up on Dequindre just south of 23 mile rod is probably your closest place. We hold matches the 4th Saturday of the month. First squad shoots at 10am and the second squad shoots at 1pm. Practices right now are Saturday morning from 9am to 1pm except for the third weekend of the month. The third week of the month there is some other event using the range so we had to move practices to Fridays but that may be going away according to one of the last emails I got. Come out on Saturday 5/23 to watch but I highly recommend you bring your stuff and just shoot the match :)

smac61
05-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Come out on Saturday 5/23 to watch but I highly recommend you bring your stuff and just shoot the match :)

I'll be there! Don't know about shooting the match but just in case, what would I need to bring and what are the fee's involved?

Thanks,
Sean

smac61
05-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Come out on Saturday 5/23 to watch but I highly recommend you bring your stuff and just shoot the match :)

Nice meeting you today and thanks for taking time out to explain a few things. I regret not getting there earlier, next time for sure...

Sean

wurm
05-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Nice to meet you too. Normally you would've seen someone shooting when you showed up but it was a holiday weekend so we only had a few afternoon shooters and they ran through really quick.

Sorry I never answered your question before about equipment you'd need. I must've missed that post. All you need is a 9mm or larger semi auto (or .38 caliber or larger revolver), a holster to go with it and two spare mags and a way to carry them. Don't worry if you don't have everything if you are showing up to a practice. You can always borrow equipment or if there is none available then you can just use your pockets for spare mags. If you don't have enough spare mags, let me know what you have and I'll see what I can scrounge up.

Fees for our matches are now $20 and practices are $15 for non DSC members.

claybuster
06-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Fees for our matches are now $20 and practices are $15 for non DSC members.