PDA

View Full Version : EC Meeting June 19, 2009

UTPD#5
05-11-2009, 07:58 AM
The meeting will be held at 10051 Bergin Road, Howell, MI 48843

The doors will open at 6:45pm with the meeting beginning at 7:00pm

For those of you wishing to eat locally, prior to the meeting, there are many eateries in the US23 / M59 area.

PhotoTom
05-11-2009, 08:03 AM
The meeting will be held at 10051 Bergin Road, Howell, MI 48843

The doors will open at 6:45pm with the meeting beginning at 7:00pm

For those of you wishing to eat locally, prior to the meeting, there are many eateries in the US23 / M59 area.

Conflicting date/time...I won't be able to make it... :(

Joeywhat
05-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Might make it out...Fridays are usually iffy for me.

wwjmaj
05-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I will be there and the wife wants to try this nearby place:

O'Malleys
1774 Old US 23
Howell, MI 48843

an Irish Pub before the meeting. If anyone would like to join us at the pub we plan on trying to be there by 5:30 on the 19th so there is time for a bite before.

Mark

UTPD#5
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Can people chime in if they are planning to attend, please.

I will not be attending dinner, to many things to get done and not enough time to get them done. LOL

Joeywhat
06-18-2009, 08:15 AM
I'll be at the meeting, unsure of dinner.

dougwg
06-18-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm going to try to make it but I'm not even an EC member.

NickS
06-18-2009, 08:26 AM
I figured it was understood that I'll be there. I'm always there ....

UTPD#5
06-18-2009, 08:36 AM
I figured it was understood that I'll be there. I'm always there ....

Physically...yes. LOL

The question was posed to non-EC members, I gathered that the entire EC will be present, minus Gary K.

You gonna ride your scooter?

Cherokee
06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm hitching a ride with shurehouse, so count us 2 in.

wwjmaj
06-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Likewise, we need a rough guesstimate of those eating before meeting so I can call ahead and get a space for "MGO" peeps. So please post if you are going to meet the wife and I at the pub prior.

Mark

KayL
06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I'll be there as soon as I can.

Pistol Teacher
06-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Count me in.

NickS
06-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Likewise, we need a rough guesstimate of those eating before meeting so I can call ahead and get a space for "MGO" peeps. So please post if you are going to meet the wife and I at the pub prior.

Mark

Since this is a PUB and not a restaurant, hence a CEZ, I'll grab a bite at the A&W or something. Thanks anyway.

Pistol Teacher
06-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Since this is a PUB and not a restaurant, hence a CEZ, I'll grab a bite at the A&W or something. Thanks anyway.

Just OC.

NickS
06-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Just OC.

If it's advertised as an "Irish PUB" then it's a bar and hence a CEZ. What am I missing here?

dougwg
06-18-2009, 01:12 PM
If it's advertised as an "Irish PUB" then it's a bar and hence a CEZ. What am I missing here?

If it's a pub and therefore a "Bar" and a CEZ then according to LAW it is illegal to carry a concealed pistol but the law says nothing about carrying a pistol in the open.

It's very simple.

Pistol Teacher
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I was not trying to bait can we drop it. Thanks

Joeywhat
06-18-2009, 01:51 PM

But does it still get most it's income from alcohol?

Stout's in brighton is also called a pub, however it's mostly food during the day. They can call themselves whatever they want, the law says the income is what matters.

If I make it to the restaurant I'll be carrying.

wwjmaj
06-18-2009, 02:03 PM
But does it still get most it's income from alcohol?

Don't know but it is advertised as an Irish Pub. In my experience few true pub's derive most of their income from food soooo I would not CC. As of last week when I swung by after the By-laws meeting they were NOT posted CEZ but I do not choose to ask where anyone's primary source of income is...Stupid law....easily broken...MUST BE a PRIORITY to get CHANGED!

Mark

Pistol Teacher
06-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I will be there and the wife wants to try this nearby place:

O'Malleys
1774 Old US 23
Howell, MI 48843

an Irish Pub before the meeting. If anyone would like to join us at the pub we plan on trying to be there by 5:30 on the 19th so there is time for a bite before.

Mark

I know this area really good, is this not Hartland, MI.

Old 23 & M-59 is Hartland. I know this place.

wwjmaj
06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Yep it is but according to my informant and my GPS it comes up Howell????!!!!

Pistol Teacher
06-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Yep it is but according to my informant and my GPS it comes up Howell????!!!!

The funny thing is the Hartland post office is in old Hartland, less than a mile away.

Garbo
06-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Well up to about 1 hour ago I was going to make this one. I may still if I can hitch a ride. Blew my second trans in two months. This is my truck. Cant even blame the wife this time either.

wwjmaj
06-18-2009, 03:13 PM
The funny thing is the Hartland post office is in old Hartland, less than a mile away.

I don't know maybe UTPD knows what it really is... I just posted what I was given and it worked as Howell for my GPS Saturday for the By-Laws meeting...my wife on the other hand called me twice after dropping me off to get to Howell from there for her yarn/cross stitch place...

Mark

wwjmaj
06-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Well up to about 1 hour ago I was going to make this one. I may still if I can hitch a ride. Blew my second trans in two months. This is my truck. Cant even blame the wife this time either.

Trannies are the pits when they go...do you need a ride? (I would offer a bail out but my neighbor already put his bale out (a straw one) with a big sign that says "I got my bale out. Did you get your bale out?) but now I am digressing and ot....

johnzilla
06-18-2009, 05:27 PM
+1 for the meeting, not for dinner.

KayL
06-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Here's a reply on CC at O'Malley's from another thread.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showpost.php?p=498298&postcount=8

O'malleys is a great place, I have spoke with a couple of managers there about carrying, And they concider themselves more of a restuarant then a bar there. I wish i could make it there.But i have a wedding to go to tomorrow. Have fun all

Garbo
06-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Trannies are the pits when they go...do you need a ride? (I would offer a bail out but my neighbor already put his bale out (a straw one) with a big sign that says "I got my bale out. Did you get your bale out?) but now I am digressing and ot....

lol, I may need that bale to put in the dog house for warmth when I spend all my money fixing cars. Everyone keep you fingers crossed for me. They are trying something that may run me $250. That would be a blessing. If thats the case I'll be there tonight.

dougwg
06-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Garbo,

I can run by and pick you up if you like.

Garbo
06-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Gimmie a few hours to figure out which way I'm going here. But I may take you up on that.

dougwg
06-19-2009, 08:06 AM
understood

Although car pooling still sounds good.

Joey, you out there?

Joeywhat
06-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Yes I'm here...are you guys going to dinner before hand? I was going to stay the night in Brighton but I'm thinking coming back home will be better. So I can drive someone or carpool or whatever. Just let me know if you guys are doing dinner too so I can grab something to eat if not.

I can drive but I've got a two door so whoever sits in back will get shafted.

snakebyte
06-19-2009, 10:00 AM
It is hartland. My fiance worked there for a couple years(across the street) They do have good food there.

Garbo
06-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Well the good news I got my truck back, I am sorry I missed this one as I wanted to make it a point to start making the summer events. Doug thanks a ton for the offer of a ride, maybe next time.

fbuckner
06-19-2009, 09:53 PM
That was one very productive and interesting meeting. On behalf of myself and the entire EC I want to thank the members who drove from all points to attend your input was valued and appreciated. It is people like you who make this group what it is.

Joeywhat
06-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Yes, I felt it was a very good meeting. It was LONNNGGGGG but I think it was worth it all things considered. I can only hope that future meetings bring as much of a turnout or even longer.

And thanks to Doug for driving me through the monsoon we seem to be having right now :cheers:

johnzilla
06-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Agreed, I thought it was a good meeting and it is always worthwhile to meet people FTF instead of just online.

There is lots of good stuff going on with MGO and I hope more members choose to get involved...I know I am going to do so after learning about the activities and events coming up. There is room and opportunity to help make a difference for everyone.

Done Deal
06-20-2009, 07:34 AM
So, who all was able to make it (by car or by boat) and when might the rest of us be able to learn what transpired?

fbuckner
06-20-2009, 03:09 PM
So, who all was able to make it (by car or by boat) and when might the rest of us be able to learn what transpired?

The secretary will have them posted soon it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. A brief statement wont be made you will have to wait for the minutes as they will be the official record of the evening

Done Deal
06-20-2009, 03:42 PM
The secretary will have them posted soon it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. A brief statement wont be made you will have to wait for the minutes as they will be the official record of the evening

I wasn't looking for the official record....just a rundown on what took place.

I found the timing of the posting of the Code of Conduct for EC members to be enlightening, didn't you?

I gotta believe that the meeting was interesting, guess it was just too much to ask for a brief rundown. Excuse me....

Joeywhat
06-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I wasn't looking for the official record....just a rundown on what took place.

I found the timing of the posting of the Code of Conduct for EC members to be enlightening, didn't you?

I gotta believe that the meeting was interesting, guess it was just too much to ask for a brief rundown. Excuse me....

We came in, we talked for a while, everybody left.

johnzilla
06-20-2009, 04:06 PM
No grand conspiracy on the EC Code of Conduct getting posted.

I won't say any more because I am not sure what the rules are about describing what happened before the official minutes are posted. But I will say that I was there and there was nothing unusual, unexpected, or surprising in the meeting as far as I could tell.

It was actually pretty anti-climatic based on all the drama I've seen posted here on the forums the last few weeks/months. Judging from the drama and accusations around here, I was expecting everyone on the EC to be wearing masks and black robes and using secret handshakes, pentagrams, blood oaths, sacrificial altars, all sorts of nasty stuff.

But it was just a meeting of regular people who sat around a table and made some decisions. No big drama or conspiracy at all. There was plenty of open comment, and everyone who wanted to speak was given a chance to do so. I'm glad I went.

chewy
06-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't know about that John... I showed up at 1447 Old US 23 in Howell and they wouldn't let me in the door. I kept banging on the door demanding entry saying it wasn't fair and they can't keep me out then the cops were called!!!

fbuckner
06-20-2009, 04:49 PM
DD the Code of Conduct was written a long time ago if you want an explanation contact Knimrod. He will enlighten you further so sit back have a pepsi and relax it will be OK.

Done Deal
06-20-2009, 05:11 PM
DD the Code of Conduct was written a long time ago if you want an explanation contact Knimrod. He will enlighten you further so sit back have a pepsi and relax it will be OK.

Ok, if the Code of Conduct has been in place for so long, how is it that it is only now being posted for everybody to review? I guess with the impending elections, it probably is a pretty good time...if folks find it to read it.

I guess I don't need an explanation of what the Code calls for regarding the behavior of EC members...it really makes it kinda clear (subject of course to subjective interpretations).

It really is about time everybody got a peek at it and for some folks, it certainly should have been a good reminder.

Johnzilla: I don't know exactly how it came to pass that the Code of Conduct for the EC came up but, however it happened, that was a good thing and certainly not the makings of a conspiracy. Furthermore, I find it difficult to imagine that there could possibly be any type of rule on a gun rights forum from expressing what transpired at an open EC meeting before the minutes were posted. Besides, minutes are merely an abbreviated record of action that took place anyway....

Gosh....I think it might be time to collapse this part of the forums on my screen....I really do. It is really turning into the wannabe comedian channel.
So much for asking legitimate questions any more...

johnzilla
06-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Johnzilla: I don't know exactly how it came to pass that the Code of Conduct for the EC came up but, however it happened, that was a good thing and certainly not the makings of a conspiracy. Furthermore, I find it difficult to imagine that there could possibly be any type of rule on a gun rights forum from expressing what transpired at an open EC meeting before the minutes were posted. Besides, minutes are merely an abbreviated record of action that took place anyway....

Gosh....I think it might be time to collapse this part of the forums on my screen....I really do. It is really turning into the wannabe comedian channel.
So much for asking legitimate questions any more...

Lee, when I said "rules" I meant rules as in "Robert's Rules of Order". I am new to all of this, for all I know posting a description of the meeting before the official minutes are posted invalidates the motions, seconds, and "ayes" that were in the meeting. As a newbie to how meetings are officially run as opposed to the general free for all you find in corporate America, I didn't want to post anything out of turn.

As I said before: no grand conspiracy, and please do not suck me into whatever it is you have against the EC or whatever it is you think is wrong with EC or MGO. I went to the meeting to see for myself what it was all about. I'm glad I went, and as I said before there was no conspiracy, no vendettas, nothing. Everyone was given a chance to speak and everyone's comments were treated with respect. That's all.

Cherokee
06-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Ok, if the Code of Conduct has been in place for so long, how is it that it is only now being posted for everybody to review? I guess with the impending elections, it probably is a pretty good time...if folks find it to read it.

I was at the meeting. I have been thinking of running for an EC chair. I asked at the meeting, if there was a job discription, simular to what is written for the officer's position. I believe Lance had the copy of the "Code of Conduct" available. I asked for the copy and was given it. I also asked for it to be posted online for others. Request granted.

Thats it, nothing else transpired ( as far as this subject is concerned ).

On Edit:
I cant remember if it was I that asked for it to be published online, or someone else. Doesnt really matter who, just wanted to clerify that part.

wwjmaj
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
That is what I thought at first and then I saw more than one person try it, lol. I am an idiot. Joke went over my head. Ignore me, carry on!

It WAS a joke. It IS a joke. and PLEASE NOTE it WAS NOT posted by the EC.

As Secretary I will post the minutes by the end of the week but the meeting ran until 10 and I had another meeting at 6 am back in Adrian Saturday with an ice cream social at our church today. I just got home. I am exhausted and will get to the minutes when I can this week.

The Code of Conduct was posted in a further effort to describe what we do as requested by Cherokee.

wwjmaj
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I don't know about that John... I showed up at 1447 Old US 23 in Howell and they wouldn't let me in the door. I kept banging on the door demanding entry saying it wasn't fair and they can't keep me out then the cops were called!!!

ok Chewy I will bite what is at this address in Howell?

UTPD#5
06-22-2009, 07:16 AM
We came in, we talked for a while, everybody left.

LMAO...that is funny!

UTPD#5
06-22-2009, 07:19 AM

Same here?

Cherokee
06-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Apparently not much came of the agenda item regarding discussion of the forums.

This type of conduct really does little to demonstrate the professionalism of the organization. Perhaps when you grow up, you might comprehend that.

So much for the MGO Information Desk...

Sorry, your incorrect. That was covered. You see nothing done, because the board is letting Lance take care of it as he see's fit.

I for one, requested the forum place a set of rules, and enforce them. I'm not going to whine or complain becuase it wasnt done as I would like it.

Kustom1911
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Posting of a meeting minutes within a week or two is normal for a lot of clubs and organizations, I belong to.

Even Michigan Townships and Cities with full time Secretaries and paid assistants cannot post meeting minutes any quicker. I know and have tried to get some when I could not attend the meeting I was interested in.

The bottom line is: If you want the info quicker, attend the meeting and take your own minutes and notes, otherwise wait until they are ready.

chewy
06-23-2009, 04:11 PM

Same here?

:D

I just made it up... I wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. Plus with all the hissing and clawing I thought I'd try to put in a little fun humor :)

UTPD#5
06-24-2009, 06:43 AM
:D

I just made it up... I wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. Plus with all the hissing and clawing I thought I'd try to put in a little fun humor :)

Nice one!