PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Precision/Tactical Driving Course!

kc8opc
05-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Does anyone offer or know of a quality precision driving course in Michigan?
Ideally offered in small classes, to semi-civilians (EMS, Military, even LEO) combined with CPL / long gun tactics.

PM or post with any info!
Thanks!

soogyshoes
05-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Drive thru Holland Mi at 4:00 p.m.

kc8opc
05-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Drive thru Holland Mi at 4:00 p.m.

Did so, left me wanting more! -Preferably something where I wouldn't get a ticket for a reverse 180 across the median..... :batman:

I am in EMS, so I've had a fair amount of training, but more is, well, MORE!!
And a rig is like driving a futon down the road. :( And don't even get me started on top-out speed!

musashi
05-19-2009, 11:15 AM
I do not believe such a course is offered in Michigan. The last Michigan based outfit that was doing executive protection classes almost killed the driver of the lead car during a simulated ambush when the shotgun being used was not loaded with blanks.

If you do find an outfit that does such classes make certain that you get a real breakdown of the class. Many precision classes are not precision. They are more track oriented/race car type classes.

Your best bet is to search for executive protection classes. You will learn j turns, convoy protection, doing j turns while in a convoy (syncopated) and possibly some live fire drills.

Also be prepared to pay out the nose. Even driving only classes are at least 1500 dollars

RSF
05-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Not one in MI try EVOC in cali great class....... or avops they are great and worth the trips

kc8opc
05-21-2009, 02:56 PM
I am shocked one is not available in MI, but how I have looked!

And no joy.

Thanks for those leads, I shall have to fill the piggy bank first.

kc8opc
06-03-2009, 08:11 AM
If you know of a suitable school, please PM! :-D