PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on Lower Parts KITS

Pistol Teacher
05-27-2009, 03:30 PM
I am Building a AR-15 Mega Lower myself. Looking to see what is a good Lower parts Kit is. Any Thoughts.

Shooter McNasty
05-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Try Rock River

adawg
05-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Yep, RRA is what I use. They are shipping pretty fast directly from the company.

kevins_garage
05-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I believe the RRA LPK comes with a notch top hammer. If you are just going to put a .223/5.56 upper on it, the RRA LPK should be fine.

If you think you may want to use that lower with a .22 conversion kit/upper or a 9mm upper, you may want to get an LPK with a round top hammer as they are the most compatible with "other than .223/5.56" uppers.

Were you part of the recent Mega group buy that Larry did?

Mongo
05-29-2009, 09:22 AM
I had a few guys I trust recommend the Stag LPK's. I've put together two different manufacturers lowers with the Stag kits, went perfectly. One has a bazillion rounds through it, no problems. Haven't shot the other yet, but the assembly went smooth.

Now that KG mentioned it above, it was something about the Stag standard triggers they liked better than some others.

kevins_garage
05-29-2009, 09:37 AM
I think RRA LPK's are the same as Stag - notch top hammers.

I don't know all the various LPK's out there and which hammer they come with, but I do know the DPMS kits come with a round top hammer (some call it a neutered M16 hammer - sear trip is removed).

It's only a potential issue if you plan on shooting .22 or 9mm. For .223/5.56, the notch top hammer is just fine.

Pistol Teacher
05-29-2009, 10:31 AM
I believe the RRA LPK comes with a notch top hammer. If you are just going to put a .223/5.56 upper on it, the RRA LPK should be fine.

If you think you may want to use that lower with a .22 conversion kit/upper or a 9mm upper, you may want to get an LPK with a round top hammer as they are the most compatible with "other than .223/5.56" uppers.

Were you part of the recent Mega group buy that Larry did?

Yep, I guess there are more than one Mega buy. I am part of LSC

kevins_garage
05-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Yep, I guess there are more than one Mega buy. I am part of LSC

So is Larry - he just put one together recently and I believe he arranged or helped with the buy the club did last year?

Pistol Teacher
05-30-2009, 06:32 AM
So is Larry - he just put one together recently and I believe he arranged or helped with the buy the club did last year?

Yes, I did not get in on that one.