PDA

View Full Version : Looking to lease land in thumb area

BuckHunter
05-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Not expecting to find to much due to a lot of people who look for land in the Michigan Thumb Area, but thought I would give it a shot. My family has been hunting the Midin Swamps for the past 40 years, due to the massive amount of deer there has been an increase in the amount of hunters. My dad is getting older and we would like to find some land somewhere in the thumb where we could just leave the tree stands out during bow and gun season and not have to fight with other hunters over hunting spots. Would only be my father and myself hunting with the exception of my grandpa who goes out on a rare occasion. Thanks in advance for any responses.

protectionisamust
06-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Not expecting to find to much due to a lot of people who look for land in the Michigan Thumb Area, but thought I would give it a shot. My family has been hunting the Midin Swamps for the past 40 years, due to the massive amount of deer there has been an increase in the amount of hunters. My dad is getting older and we would like to find some land somewhere in the thumb where we could just leave the tree stands out during bow and gun season and not have to fight with other hunters over hunting spots. Would only be my father and myself hunting with the exception of my grandpa who goes out on a rare occasion. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Right up in my stomping grounds for deer hunting. There is a very large chunk of state land off of Helena road. Its about 6 miles south of Harbour Beach and about 7 miles west of m-25. I know there is not alot of hunting pressure during bow season (firearm is a different story).

If you cannot find a place, this might be something to look at to atleast get out and hunt in the thumb.

Good luck on your search

BuckHunter
06-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the advice, it could be something to think about. Midin swamps is right outside of Sandusky and it offers about 10,000 acres of land to hunt but most of it is swamp hunting. I don't have a problem wearing hip boots and walking through knee or waist high water to avoid other hunters, but my dad is pushing 60 and I can tell he really doesn't want to follow me through it. Thanks for the post again and we'll see if someone pops up with an offer, we still have some time.