PDA

View Full Version : kydex holsters.

indianajones
07-02-2009, 04:36 AM
I think I wanna try my hand ad making Kydex holsters.

Problem is, I dont know what grade or thickness to start off with.

I think I got everything else figured out, just not the gauge of the Kydex.

djw
10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
This guy (http://www.paracordsecrets.com/articles/34/article.html) uses .060 for this IWB magazine holder project. Some others use the .093, or a combination of the two for different parts of the holster.

I am interested in trying the same thing, and plan on buying some stock of both thicknesses. Only question I have is, is there a local vendor anywhere around here, or should I just suck it up and order on-line?

Don

TFin04
10-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Certain thicknesses are good for different applications. Depends on what you're doing.

Batman
10-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Working with Kydex is not that hard at all. You can buy sheets on eBay cheap. Heat it, then press it around your gun and trim. If you have a holster that you like just copy it yourself. Kinda what NTAC did with Raven's line up. NTAC did make a few improvements so it's not exactly alike.

TFin04
10-07-2009, 11:41 AM
NTAC did make a few improvements so it's not exactly alike.

Highly subjective. But that's not a discussion for this thread.

Batman
10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Highly subjective. But that's not a discussion for this thread.True, Like em or not, what NTAC brings to the table (over Raven) is there ability to have your holster customized to whatever need you have.

hopeitsfast
10-07-2009, 06:15 PM
True, Like em or not, what NTAC brings to the table (over Raven) is there ability to have your holster customized to whatever need you have.
Whatchutalkin bout willis?

RSF
10-07-2009, 07:48 PM
True, Like em or not, what NTAC brings to the table (over Raven) is there ability to have your holster customized to whatever need you have.

Not true raven does the same thing at the shows they work and from online and at the CRC for the past two years

I have been staying out of this but get your facts correct first.

HVYMTLMEC
10-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Here ya go this is one source for it there are others good luck and if you make one show us what you made.

http://www.interstateplastics.com/plastic-sheets.php?material=KYDEX&industry=&application=&filter=&gclid=CJyQi724rJ0CFSDxDAodUQsVjQ

Batman
10-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Not true raven does the same thing at the shows they work and from online and at the CRC for the past two years

I have been staying out of this but get your facts correct first.Really? That's good to know. Do they do any shows in the Metro Detroit area? I looked at there web site but didn't see any listed. I have a couple of mods that I'd like them to made to my Raven holsters.

Whatchutalkin bout willis?

I don't care for the width of the belt clip loops. I like em thighter to fit my belt better. I also don't care for the standard cant.

djw
10-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Here ya go this is one source for it there are others good luck and if you make one show us what you made.

http://www.interstateplastics.com/plastic-sheets.php?material=KYDEX&industry=&application=&filter=&gclid=CJyQi724rJ0CFSDxDAodUQsVjQ

Thanks, H.

RSF
10-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Really? That's good to know. Do they do any shows in the Metro Detroit area? I looked at there web site but didn't see any listed. I have a couple of mods that I'd like them to made to my Raven holsters.

I don't care for the width of the belt clip loops. I like em thighter to fit my belt better. I also don't care for the standard cant.

All you have to do is call jay and he will have it done send him the holsters they dont do the MI shows only show they do are Indy and the CRC in july at acts

swinkster
10-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Do they do any shows in the Metro Detroit area? I looked at there web site but didn't see any listed. I have a couple of mods that I'd like them to made to my Raven holsters.

RCS is supposed to be at Advanced Ranges in Burton on December 5.

RSF
10-11-2009, 07:51 PM
No they wont be

swinkster
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Good to know, thanks. I'll just place my order through their site.

RSF
10-13-2009, 10:19 PM
good call.