PDA

View Full Version : recoil pad install

Passport
07-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Who is a good guy to install a recoil pad? I suck at it and Im picky, anyone have a referal please pm me.

thanks

TAC
07-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Any gun shop should be able to do an excellent job. They do it all the time.

garyjt
08-01-2009, 10:05 PM
In the Detroit suburbs, I definitely recommend Wessel Gun shop in Warren.

Its not all the same, sometimes, its hard to do for special and peculiar reasons, and the Wessels gunsmith can do the hard ones as well as the easy ones .

(also, I have seen other gunsmiths mess up putting on a recoil pad - never underestimate incompetence)

customizedcreationz
08-05-2009, 06:54 AM
When a Gander Mountain Gunsmith charges $60 to remove a barrel nut from a AR-15 and it will take 6 weeks...........

Things take time and I understand that, but something like a barrel nut removal when the everything is ready on the gun, you just need to clamp it in a vise and remove the nut. Well that could be done on the spot as a quick filler. Especially for $60 !

I guess my point, not all smith's are fair or competent.

Mike in Michigan
08-13-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm your huckleberry! Located in Hartland near US23 and Clyde Road. Average turnaround time for recoil pad is about 4 days now. That will multiply exponentially as we get closer to hunting season so don''t wait too long. I have the proper equipment and the experience to do it right. I'm out of town until Aug 27th. Call me at the shop after that on 810 348 4112.
Mike Ryan
Professional Gunsmith