PDA

View Full Version : Stainless parts on carbon pistol...

smac61
07-23-2009, 05:15 PM
I have a matte black (parkerized?) Colt Officers ACP
I would like to add a tactical safety, guide rod / plunger and perhaps a beaver tail safety.
I plan on having the whole pistol refinished in hard chrome at some future date.

Is there any problem adding stainless parts to a blued/parkerized pistol?
Will the stainless parts present a problem when I get it hard chromed?

Thanks,
Sean

Groo
07-24-2009, 04:19 PM
I believe SS will not take Parkerizing, not sure about blueing, SS can be chromed.

customizedcreationz
07-26-2009, 09:17 AM
There is SS blue/black solutions you can work with. I do SS blackening and Plate SS as well.

smac61
07-26-2009, 03:04 PM
There is SS blue/black solutions you can work with. I do SS blackening and Plate SS as well.
Seeing as I don't care what it looks like for now, would you recommend staying with blued accessories?

I want the parts that will function the best and when I get the pistol completed have it all refinished.

On another note, can you do an officers "round butt" I want to have that, and checkering, done when I send it out for refinishing...

customizedcreationz
07-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I can do both. As far as having the fun refinished, get the parts you want, be it stainless or blued. They will refinish the same and if you want to save a buck , just buy the blued ones. If you want something and it has to be stainless, well get the stainless then. End result when refinished doesnt matter what you start with really.