PDA

View Full Version : anyone else got a crossbow?

SONDOWNER
08-02-2009, 09:18 PM
just bought a used crossbow to go deer killin with this year.....anyone else have one???

Maranatha
08-02-2009, 09:23 PM
not yet but been thinking out it

mideerslayer
08-03-2009, 12:19 PM
they have there pro's and con's

I was awarded a Permit because of injuries before they allowed them in the lower. They are a riot to shoot and are very accurate after you practice with them, and that is the key.

You will hear alot of people tell you that you just pick one up and you are shooting dime size holes with 6 arrow's. Well that is not the case, you have to practice just like any other weapon.

You will also hear the stories that they shoot out to 60 or 70 yards all day long, well maybe some one can but you can do that with a vertical bow.

The thing I dont like about them is they are heavy and unless you are using a shooting stick are very frt heavy.

There are alot of good choices out there, and with the right one they can take any animal in the world.

It is another weapon in the arsenal and one thing I like about them, is they are great for late archery season. When it is 20 out side and the wind is blowing, it is cold. Well you are dressing for it and it make's pulling a bow back kinda hard.

f you have any questions feel free to ask, I am very into them and have done my homework. I have friends all over the country that shoot them, and even some here in Mi.

Rich

Hockey9019
08-03-2009, 02:05 PM
My father in law has one and had one before they allowed everyone to due to an injury also.

All I can say is watch your thumb placement

He's not the brightest craynon in the box either

Done Deal
08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
While I qualify because of age, as long as I can keep killing bucks with the compound I have, I don't see a need to spend money I don't have.

CnA
08-03-2009, 02:12 PM
My father in law has one and had one before they allowed everyone to due to an injury also.

All I can say is watch your thumb placement

He's not the brightest craynon in the box either

Oh the irony.....

:rofl:

Hockey9019
08-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh the irony.....

:rofl:

Stupid firefox spell check

:enforcer:

PhotoTom
08-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Moved to "Archery" forum

- Admin

GlockOrBust51
08-04-2009, 03:01 PM
My cousin has had several over the years. Just a few weeks ago he picked up a Horton Legacy 175. He let me shoot it the night he got it. It's a whole new experience for sure!

harleydude1911
08-04-2009, 03:34 PM
I bought an Excalibur Equinox and love it!

FASHOOTER
08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I have a Excalibur Exomax and my wife uses a Excalibur Phoenix, both are very nice weapons!

Llynn
08-25-2009, 05:14 PM
I have an Excalibur Ibex and it is the greatest shootin', hootin' fun.

I had to give up my compound and wasn't able to hunt archery season last year but this year I have my season back and can't wait.

Crossbownation.com
Excaliburforums.com

I'm Lscha!