PDA

View Full Version : Drawloc

TomE
08-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know of a shop that sells and install drawloc's,they have a online store but want to see one before buying.Basically its a rod that locks your bow at full draw until you fire,kinda like a x-bow

TomE
08-31-2009, 10:58 AM
The Pro-Fishing center in Harrison Twp can order for about $250,too much for me.

GMAN12
09-02-2009, 05:56 PM
There used to be a show on the outdoor channel by Jerry Goff and they used them exclusively, pretty cool idea. I don't think they are legal in Mich. though. Look in the "09" hunting and trapping guide on page 31 under "Modified Bow Permit"

Johnson16
09-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I saw a guy use a part of a broom handle for one once as his shoulder was messed up. He only has enough strength to pull the bow once it was in the let-off at which point the broom handle would fall out of the way. He killed a couple deer with this setup. I am not promoting it, but he got an "A" for effort. :-)

bensonj
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Draw-Lock is illegal in MI.

If you must, get an x-gun...same thing, just horizontal ;o)

Skinner 2
09-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Draw-Lock is illegal in MI.

If you must, get an x-gun...same thing, just horizontal ;o)

Draw loc are legal for those with disability permits.

Skinner

Done Deal
09-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Draw loc are legal for those with disability permits.

Skinner

Agree....and I know a guy who used one for years before he got a crossbow.

357MAX
09-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I bought a drawloc for my FIL after his back surgery. That is one scary contraption and the guy that uses one and is of meager strength is gonna have an arrow pointed in the wrong direction at some point or other. Save some hassle, and save a life....buy a crossbow if you need assistance. The drawloc gizmo is an accident looking for a home...............My opinion.

Skinner 2
09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
I bought a drawloc for my FIL after his back surgery. That is one scary contraption and the guy that uses one and is of meager strength is gonna have an arrow pointed in the wrong direction at some point or other. Save some hassle, and save a life....buy a crossbow if you need assistance. The drawloc gizmo is an accident looking for a home...............My opinion.

Actually it is a good opinion too as a draw-loc voids the warranty on most bows.

Skinner

TomE
09-22-2009, 10:43 PM
I'll probably just struggle with the bow and drop the poundage a bit,could also get disability permit,but then try to find a job with it on your record with Obama-Care