PDA

View Full Version : Hunting lease needed for se michigan

mikethepike
08-23-2009, 09:50 AM
2 experienced and ethical hunters who will care for your land as their own are looking for hunting land to lease in wayne washtenaw or jackson county. Big or small please pm me and let me know what you have available. Work in exchange (barter) for hunting rights also available , cash/ work ....what ever we can work out. Thank you for considering-------Mike

please pm me or email to mkafila@sbcglobal.net

mikethepike
08-24-2009, 03:47 PM
I 'm still looking ...anybody have 10 acres on up ?

mikethepike
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
ttt

Toledo Kid
08-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Not to Hi-Jack...
But I tried this for along time down here in Monroe County was even willing to pay or share in the harvest. I put ads in paper, Craigslist and few other locally. Willing to sign a waver and had the new claims law if someone got hurt they can't sue on hand to show them. I drove I bet couple hundred 300 miles around this county asking folks..
NO DEAL!!! We Don't allow hunting!!!

There is nothing in the FIELDS BUT GRASS!!!
I was going to Muzzleload hunt in Dec!!!
The Snowmobliers run ramped around here..but NO HUNTING!!!

I don't get it...
I watch deer down here in the fields or orchards by the herd man eating up acres of produce...
Hugh Deer..I mean HUGH DEER!!!

Last year I watch one buck on Nov.17th morning after talking my kid to school..I almost swallowed my tongue.
I bet he was 170-180 B&C with close too 7 inch G-tines 300lbs on the hoof.
I counted 18 points on him as he stood in the middle of a field about 200yds away. Every once in a while he would pick that rocken chair up and look back at me looking at him with the glasses.
I drove home got the wife and show her. He was still there for a couple hours. She said he looked like a Elk.

Get this following day... I come across the rr track taking my kid to school and had to stop the truck because (2) Ten pointers were fighting in the middle of the ******* road!!!

Last week I hit one getting on the freeway at 30mph and rolled it over into the ditch....The deer and my truck were fine.

No Hunting anywhere. Posted Too Man!!!
I just don't get it....:togo:

Oh and as for doe permits on public land...which there is only about 100 acres total in the county you can hunt on. The DNR offers 200 permits a year for public and you are Guaranteed to get a permit because no one puts in for Public permits. Because there are no deer on public lands!!!

Makes me sick just the thought of it year after year....

XDcarry
08-29-2009, 08:18 PM
PM Sent

mikethepike
08-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Thanks xdcarry pm'd back

I hear ya toledo kid...i found a lease and we were the 2nd caller, the guy was a total cocky ass and now has the lease and the gall to ask double for what he paid for it just so YOU can pay for his out of state trips...what an ass hat. By no means am i a trophy hunter, more of an enthusiast who really enjoys chasing those critters and likes the taste of HOT jerky while ice fishing and putting alittle xtra meat on the table.

My best friend and i actually went farm to farm asking and the answer was no everytime, we asked "why" they said hunters b4 us were f-ing pigs and disrespectful asshats . We will keep trying or just keep hunting state land

Toledo Kid
08-30-2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks xdcarry pm'd back

I hear ya toledo kid...i found a lease and we were the 2nd caller, the guy was a total cocky ass and now has the lease and the gall to ask double for what he paid for it just so YOU can pay for his out of state trips...what an ass hat. By no means am i a trophy hunter, more of an enthusiast who really enjoys chasing those critters and likes the taste of HOT jerky while ice fishing and putting alittle xtra meat on the table.

My best friend and i actually went farm to farm asking and the answer was no everytime, we asked "why" they said hunters b4 us were f-ing pigs and disrespectful asshats . We will keep trying or just keep hunting state landWell Michigan has the highest number of hunters per mile in the world. Second in the us as for total deerhunters next to Texas. But there is alot more land in Texas to hunt. Plus the deer down there are the size of a Great Dane dog and the stupidest animals I ever seen. They stand in the middle of the roads and look at ya. No chase of hunt like up here or out west.
I dont know how old you are..I am looking 50 in the face and can't hit it like I used too... (10,000ft Mountains).
If you are pretty fit and young best advice I can give you is to look west.
Plan a trip for you and a bud every year for a different animal or two. I hunted around grayling all my life and can remember huge deer around there 30 yrs ago but is has been hunted dry with only trophy's to be seen as two yr old fork horns. This is the reason I went west in my 30's. The Elk is the greatest. Muleys fall right in there with beautiful bounty 4x4's to be had everywhere from the plains to the rocks. Plus they make some of the best table fair one could ever sink his teeth into. Even if you see no game the views are a slices of heaven.

Good luck on your quest..

mikethepike
08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
If i dont find anything to lease i guess i'll just keep hunting state land ...doesnt really cost anything except the license and gas .

I saw the hunt this morning in texas, lil bodies with big racks and i'm sure a nice premium to hunt it as well

mideerslayer
09-01-2009, 12:28 PM
The farm I hunt on(private) the farm leases out 95% of his farm to a huge group that pay top dollar and that is why he puts up with there Sh%%, but he told me that he will never lease it out again because they trash the land fire bullets everywhere, and think that its just the country no big deal. alot of the farmers around that area say the same thing. They want the deer gone, but they cant trust these city folks(there words).

So I understand that it is frustrating that you are a ethical hunter and show respect but too many bad apples have ruined it. I am blessed to have the spot I do, but I have know him my whole life and he knows i respect him and his property (it near his house)

I have seen some leases up in the thumb area if you are interested in going that way?

good luck

Rich

Toledo Kid
09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
The farm I hunt on(private) the farm leases out 95% of his farm to a huge group that pay top dollar and that is why he puts up with there Sh%%, but he told me that he will never lease it out again because they trash the land fire bullets everywhere, and think that its just the country no big deal. alot of the farmers around that area say the same thing. They want the deer gone, but they cant trust these city folks(there words).

So I understand that it is frustrating that you are a ethical hunter and show respect but too many bad apples have ruined it. I am blessed to have the spot I do, but I have know him my whole life and he knows i respect him and his property (it near his house)

I have seen some leases up in the thumb area if you are interested in going that way?

good luck

RichThats 3 hours from me... Where are you seeing the leases??? Any down south of Detroit???

Here are some here>>>http://www.basecampleasing.com/searchstates/michigan_map.html
But they want BIG MONEY!!!

mideerslayer
09-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Thats 3 hours from me... Where are you seeing the leases??? Any down south of Detroit???

Here are some here>>> http://www.basecampleasing.com/hunting-land-for-lease.htm

But they want BIG MONEY!!!

different hunting sites. craigslist, if you go to the local feed store and ask around you can find stuff.

Some of these leases are nuts on there prices for what you get. I seen one in st clair county, and they wanted $3500 for 10 acres which only 2 was was woods, and was for bow season only:crazy: :crazy:

mikethepike
09-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Well i went to 12 houses yesterday to ask for hunting privileges and got 11 no's and 1 i dont know. The search continues...anybody have any leads in se mi?:razz:

msbcomputer
09-20-2009, 02:50 PM
My .02 cents worth..............
Get a public doe tag for Washtenaw or jackson county and hunt the Waterloo Rec. area. These are on sale now but few remain. Blackpowder season is when we do our best out there. We normally scout during small game and then go back in Dec.

mikethepike
09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
I'll hunt waterloo if all else fails

hondaonchrome
09-24-2009, 01:12 AM
I live in monroe county and used to hunt in some of the state land areas around here but quit because *******s kept stealing my stands.........now i do alot of my hunting in isabella county(3hr drive)and dont have any problems anymore.

So maybe its true "the few bad apples screw it up for all of us" when it comes to finding some private property to hunt.

Toledo Kid
09-24-2009, 05:39 AM
I live in monroe county and used to hunt in some of the state land areas around here but quit because *******s kept stealing my stands.........now i do alot of my hunting in isabella county(3hr drive)and dont have any problems anymore.

So maybe its true "the few bad apples screw it up for all of us" when it comes to finding some private property to hunt.What state areas did you hunt in Monroe County and have seen Deer there??? Oh and yes I can believe they had stolen tree stands. Plenty of jerks out here hunting the 3 whole state areas we have to hunt in this county!!!

mikethepike
10-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I'll start earlier next year for the '10 deer season. sounds like everything is all locked up for the season in wayne , washtenaw and jackson counties.

good luck ya'll