PDA

View Full Version : Working forward

fbuckner
08-31-2009, 02:43 PM
To All the Membership of Michigan Gun Owners,

It is with great regret that Lance Ward decided to tender his resignation as Administrator of the MGO website and Community Forum.

MGO was founded on the principles of a “dedicated grass roots" & will remain so in the future. It appears that some feel that is not to be the case. Over the years we have become a more professional organization. Yes with more members a well funded bank account. It is not a new direction being charted but a path we are taking to keep Michigan Gun Owners as the best State level Grass Roots Organization in the United States. Commercial interests are being integrated into our organization without the loss of our Grass Roots believes. We will never forget where we came from at the sake of commercial interests. Some feel that commercial interests have influencing the goals of MGO. The real truth is that we are moving slowly to integrate the commercial access so that it is not abused. Associate Members are the very core of this organization and shall not be characterized as "deadbeats" or having their access and information increasingly restricted. This does not fly into the very face of MGO's long standing mission statement. When founded, MGO endeavored to represent and be a resource for all Michigan gun owners, not just those who paid dues and we will continue to do so.

Some complaints of unethical conduct of certain Executive Committee Trustees have been unfounded and have shown to be used as a tool to slow the growth and control of the Executive Committee. Although you may find something unbearable to effectively do this job in a given situation we would hope that all members hold in there and have the courage during this transition. We shall always give credit for all members work and protect their self respect. The issue of abuse of official position and micro-management are unfounded. It is a case of the EC is the controlling body that makes decisions. We provide written and verbal inspiration on how to conduct business as voted representatives of the MGO electorate. If there was distrust it was not from the EC especially towards other members. It is a case of the tail wags the dog or the dog wags the tail. If you feel that strongly on the subject I will never hold grudge, but at the end of the day we must follow the decisions of the EC no matter how much you disagree. It stifles and confuses the membership till there is unrest and animosity.

With MGO new leadership we will be making strides and improvements to move forward, Let me let you know there is no bureaucratic paralysis. We at MGO have a mutual trust and commitment with every single one of its volunteers and members. We all believe in an MGO and hope you are not afraid to move forward taking from the past. We all believe an MGO and how we give back to our community while representing grass roots support of gun owner’s rights in this Great State of Michigan. I believe in an MGO which sees its volunteers and members as a source of inspiration and allows them to be productive and grow.

I wish some members will have the courage that says they no longer able to bear the responsibility of administrating to an organization. I will be working towards this goal of retaining such fine members as Lance.

We thank Lance for his eight years, his dedication and footprint will be greatly missed. I appreciate Lance’s commitment not to abandon the original ideals of MGO.
I will point out that he has helped found MGO and I know he cares deeply for MGO. We will be making a determination on September 8th to replace Lance his shoes will be hard to fill.

Frederick.L. Buckner Jr
President of Michigan Gun Owners

PhotoTom
09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Announcement Thread Closed
Discussion Thread Here:
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60254

- Admin