PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Spray / Self Defense Classes

San_Marco_Training
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Hello everyone.
I would really appreciate your help in spreading the word to anyone who may find this class useful. There has been some mention of Pepper Spray on the board lately so I thought I would set up a couple dates.

Sabre brand pepper spray recently launched a new course that I truly believe in and have also gone on to become certified to teach.
It covers some classroom time and some hands on self defense techniques. Both hand-to-hand and deployment of pepper spray techniqes are thoroughly covered. This course is the perfect link to fill in that gap in the force continuum. Not every situation is lethal force and can be shut down before it escalates to lethal force. Think about it!

Each student will receive one canister of Sabre Red spray as well as 3 water filled (inert) training canisters for use in class.

The course is 3 hours long. Normally $65, I am offering these first classes at $45 per student.

September 26 at Wolverine Shooting Sports in Brownstown

October 4 at MTAC Michigan Tactical Airsoft Center in Warren

The Civilian Safety Awareness Program (CSAP) will teach you how to avoid dangerous encounters. Unfortunately all dangerous encounters cannot be avoided; so CSAP will also teach you:

*Safety Awareness Tips
*How to Carry and Properly Deploy Pepper Spray
*Verbal Commands and Presence
*Training Drills With Inert Training Sprays
*Post Deployment Advice
*Simple Self Defense Techniques

Click on the link below to view the CSAP brochure.
http://www.sabrered.com/PDFs/CSAP-Promotional-Brochure.pdf

Click on the link below to see a short video about this class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0yyd7atA0o

You can register by visiting www.sanmarcotraining.com (http://www.sanmarcotraining.com)
or call 877-719-5976

Thank you,

Tim McMahon

_DK_
09-08-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm going to talk to my wife about the class at MTAC, google says its near 10mile/Groesbeck correct?

Per some PM's with you previously I couldn't generate enough interest for one of the private classes you mentioned.

Joeywhat
09-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I'll probably go to the one at Wolverine. Sounds like a good value class...$45 isn't much for SD training these days.

TomE
09-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Wish we had something like that in West.Michigan,or can I just get the training video and pepper spray?

Live Safe Academy
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Thank you Tim for scheduling a class at MTAC. We are looking forward to having you out. E-mail flyers if you like and I will be happy to print and display them. FYI, to any students who attend the MTAC program, there will be a free sponsored meal afterwards by CCW Defenders.

Knightrider03m
09-09-2009, 11:30 PM
I might want to go to the one Warren. Seams like a good class to go to.

San_Marco_Training
09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
These kinds of classes are a little tricky to promote. The question "Don't you just spray the guy and run?" comes up a lot. Once the students get through the scenario and hands on part of the class, they quickly change their attitudes. I did when I first took the class.

Live Safe Academy
09-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Tim, I have your flyers out at MTAC. A lot of people have been taking them. The seven room training house will be available that day if you want to give folks a chance to do a home defense scenario. The car and SUV will be available too, if you want to run a scenario from a vehicle.

MethodMan
09-25-2009, 11:35 AM
I would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding throughout the changeover. I have been challenged with starting over from scratch and rebuilding my business. I appreciate your support.

My class at Wolverine on the 26th. has been cancelled. For some reason this date is not good for most people. As of today I have no registrations for this date. I will be posting a new date for this class later this month.

The MTAC class, October 4, is on. We do have people registered and ready to go. I'm excited about the MTAC facility and all the great trainings we will have there.

So as it stands, The October 4 class is still available for registration.
Please call 1-800-557-3126 to register.

Thank you,
Tim McMahon
McMahon Method, LLC