recon8
09-17-2009, 12:51 AM
where do I have to go to rifle hunt??? i live in southwest mi

pkuptruck
09-17-2009, 03:49 AM

google the mich dnr site.
But, roughly speaking, anywhere North of the imaginary line from saginaw to
lake michigan... DO check the dnr sight though....

Done Deal
09-17-2009, 06:09 AM
google the mich dnr site.
But, roughly speaking, anywhere North of the imaginary line from saginaw to
lake michigan... DO check the dnr sight though....

A little south of that actually, M-57 across much of the state.

pgaplayerless
09-17-2009, 07:45 AM

Depends on what kind of hunting you are planning on doing. Rifle/shotgun zones only apply for deer season.

laserguy
09-17-2009, 08:05 AM
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr

Pyromike
09-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Do a google search for Michigan rifle hunting zones. Click on the first topic and it will show you the lines across the state. Click on the 2nd main topic and you will get the verbal explanation (copied and posted below).

Hunting and Trapping and Rifle/Shotgun Zones

Michigan is divided into Hunting and Trapping Zones 1-2-3. Zone 1 includes all of the Upper Peninsula. The dividing line between Zones 2 and 3 is: From the Lake Michigan shoreline north of Muskegon Lake easterly on Memorial Drive to Ruddiman Drive to Lake Avenue, easterly on Lake Avenue to M-120 in North Muskegon, northeasterly on M-120 to M-20, easterly on M-20 to US-10, easterly on US-10 to Garfield Road in Bay County, northerly on Garfield Road to Pinconning Road, easterly on Pinconning Road to Seven Mile Road, northerly on Seven Mile Road to Lincoln School Road (County Road 25) in Arenac County, northerly on Lincoln School Road to M-61, easterly on M-61 to US-23, easterly on US-23 to center line of AuGres River, southerly along center line of AuGres River to Saginaw Bay, easterly 90 degrees east for 7 miles into Saginaw Bay, then northerly 78 degrees east to the International Boundary.

Exception: The waterfowl hunting zone lines differ from those above. Refer to the 2009-2010 Waterfowl Hunting Guide for waterfowl zone descriptions. Michigan also is divided into a northern rifle zone where rifles may used for firearm deer hunting and a southern shotgun zone where only shotguns, muzzleloading firearms and certain handguns may be used for deer hunting
(see Shotgun Zone Rules). The dividing line between the northern rifle deer hunting zone is as follows: Starting at a point on the Lake Michigan shoreline directly west of M-46, then easterly to M-46, then easterly along M-46 to US-131 at Cedar Springs, southerly on US-131 to M-57, easterly on M-57 to Montcalm Road on the Kent-Montcalm county line, southerly on Montcalm Road and the Kent-Ionia county line to M-44, easterly on M-44 to M-66, northerly on M-66 to M-57, easterly on M-57 to M-52 near Chesaning, northerly on M-52 to M-46, easterly on M-46 to M-47, northerly on M-47 to US-10 west of Bay City, easterly on US-10 to I-75, northerly on I-75 and US-23 to Beaver Road (about 1 mile north of Kawkawlin), easterly to Saginaw Bay, north 50 degrees east to the International Boundary.

glock4life
09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
deer (rife) is north of us 10 ....

billywebb71
09-30-2009, 09:01 PM
If you go to www.michigan.gov/dnr and type shotgun zone into the search box, if will give you a verbal description and a map divided into zones.

Prozium451
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
It says that the line applies to deer season. Can I take small game with a rifle south of that line?

Dansjeep2000
10-16-2009, 11:59 PM
It says that the line applies to deer season. Can I take small game with a rifle south of that line?

Michigan also is divided into a northern rifle zone where rifles may used for firearm deer hunting and a southern shotgun zone where only shotguns, muzzleloading firearms and certain handguns may be used for deer hunting (see Shotgun Zone Rules). The dividing line between the northern rifle deer hunting zone is as follows: Starting at a point on the Lake Michigan shoreline directly west of M-46, then easterly to M-46, then easterly along M-46 to US-131 at Cedar Springs, southerly on US-131 to M-57, easterly on M-57 to Montcalm Road on the Kent-Montcalm county line, southerly on Montcalm Road and the Kent-Ionia county line to M-44, easterly on M-44 to M-66, northerly on M-66 to M-57, easterly on M-57 to M-52 near Chesaning, northerly on M-52 to M-46, easterly on M-46 to M-47, northerly on M-47 to US-10 west of Bay City, easterly on US-10 to I-75, northerly on I-75 and US-23 to Beaver Road (about 1 mile north of Kawkawlin), easterly to Saginaw Bay, north 50 degrees east to the International Boundary.

Yes you can use a rifle on small game. I do all the time for coyote.