PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Hind sight, No Peep, Ancher Sight?

Johnson16
09-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Just looking for feedback on them. I don't have one of them, but am getting tired of the low light conditions that I find that I have by using a peep sight.

countryboy3248
09-20-2009, 08:08 PM
i use a peep sight, this is my first year, but i dont seem to have any luck with it.:thdown:

dooman
09-20-2009, 09:06 PM
I used a hind sight for awhile it was ok, what I switched to was something I saw in a magazine. attach two nocks about a quarter inch apart where your peep now sits, then taper dental floss from string width to the nock width. That is now your peep. Hopefully you can picture what I am trying to describe.

Byron
09-20-2009, 10:46 PM
I have a No-Peep on every bow I own. It is the best thing I've ever done in archery to get away from a peep. Too many missed opportunities at first and last light before! I've been using the No-Peep for about 7 years now and love it.

P.S. Buy it used from the ArcheryTalk Classifieds! Should be able to find one for around $25 shipped.

Good luck,
Byron :)

Johnson16
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks all.

Byron, looks like I will be trying a No Peep...can't go wrong for $25!

langenc
09-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Hind sight is great-always 20/20.

Done Deal
09-21-2009, 08:50 PM
I use an Eradicator sight which is like a pistol sight with rear sights and front sights.

Anchor point is not critical and anybody can pick up bow, align sights on target and shoot the target.

Glow in dark and last years (tritium).

CnA
09-22-2009, 10:58 AM
I ditched the peep this year and put an Anchor sight on. I'm shooting better than I was with the peep. Got about 200 shots with it on, and it works very well.

90% of my shots are at dusk and the peep was limiting the light reaching my eye.

jcurtis
09-22-2009, 01:51 PM
I prefer to use a large peep sight, just gives you something to put the pin in the middle of. If you are not consistent using a peep and pins then it is most likely caused by one of 2 things. Inconsistent anchor or improperly tuned bow.

Byron
09-22-2009, 02:14 PM
I prefer to use a large peep sight, just gives you something to put the pin in the middle of. If you are not consistent using a peep and pins then it is most likely caused by one of 2 things. Inconsistent anchor or improperly tuned bow.
It's not about consistency or accuracy. It's about being able to see enough to shoot through every minute of legal hunting hours. By design, a peep blocks light and will hamper low-light target visibility.

Desert Pete
09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
I started out using a peep sight, but when the weather was sub 30 the string changes and when I was at full draw the peep was sideways, no open hole showing, what I did was to tie some florescent fly line backing on the string, at full draw the wife put the string even with the center of my eye, I then tweaked the position of the string to a point just below my top pin, works great, even can see my reference point in low light. Used cement to keep the string in place. What matters most is being able to consistently return to the same anchor point.

CnA
09-22-2009, 02:59 PM

Or inconsistent/improper grip, bad release, ect.

I hunted with a peep for years and got good groups. Just wanted something that worked better during low light conditions. Both the No-Peep and Anchor Sight use the same principle to keep the bow properly aligned to target.

What I found is that my Anchor sight gave a much better feedback than the peep on bow position, anchor point, and grip. If I change the grip by just a tiny amount, it shows up in the Anchor sight and I don't screw up.

No more rubber hoses from the peep and glued to the riser either. :banana:

Johnson16
09-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Or inconsistent/improper grip, bad release, ect.

I hunted with a peep for years and got good groups. Just wanted something that worked better during low light conditions. Both the No-Peep and Anchor Sight use the same principle to keep the bow properly aligned to target.

What I found is that my Anchor sight gave a much better feedback than the peep on bow position, anchor point, and grip. If I change the grip by just a tiny amount, it shows up in the Anchor sight and I don't screw up.

No more rubber hoses from the peep and glued to the riser either. :banana:

I am in the same boat. I can shoot well with a peep. It's just I was up bear hunting last week and I realized just much shooting light I waste b/c of my peep sight limitation. Especially when you are talking a black bear, on dark ground, with a black peep sight ring......not good! But of course this change will help the deer too.

I ordered the No Peep today. Looking forward to it. At a minimum it will point out my flaws in drawing a bow and definitely make me a more consistent shot. Proper/consistant form will make you a better shot with or w/o and peep for that matter!

el_locokid
09-26-2009, 08:58 PM
I've been using the Hindsight for 8-10yrs. Picked it up when the company was first starting out at an Outdoor show in Imlay City. I will never go back to the peep sight. Great for adding 20 minutes or more to my hunt. I am always the last person out of the woods in bow season.

Done Deal
09-27-2009, 07:19 AM
I am telling ya guys....for a hunting sight in low light, this one kills deer.

http://www.eradicator.com/

Johnson16
09-28-2009, 07:21 PM
I am telling ya guys....for a hunting sight in low light, this one kills deer.

http://www.eradicator.com/

So do you use it? Looks OK for say 30 yards and less, beyond that though?

Just got No Peep in the mail this weekend. I have set it up about 80% so far. I need to remove peep and try dialing it in! Thinking it will make a solid hunting setup. Now for a 3D bow I suppose sticking with the peep might be the best solution.

josey wales
10-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Just looking for feedback on them. I don't have one of them, but am getting tired of the low light conditions that I find that I have by using a peep sight.

me and my son both use hind sights they are a great sight.there is no loss of shooting time like you get with a peep.i have had mine for 3 years and dont see me shooting any other archery sight

Done Deal
10-02-2009, 06:47 AM
So do you use it? Looks OK for say 30 yards and less, beyond that though?

Just got No Peep in the mail this weekend. I have set it up about 80% so far. I need to remove peep and try dialing it in! Thinking it will make a solid hunting setup. Now for a 3D bow I suppose sticking with the peep might be the best solution.

Yes I use it. In fact....I had cobbled something up sort of like that before I ever found the manufactured sight. The guy tried to give me a sales pitch and I said never mind....this is better than mine.

I bought the adjustable (and wished I never would have) because while you can adjust it for longer yardages, I don't shoot longer ranges. Too much goes wrong for guys who do.

Day before yesterday I got my bow out (I have shoulder pain so I don't like to shoot alot) to make sure everything was still on.

I set the target at 20 yards and drew (my own goofy push style because of my shoulders) and focused on the shot and squeezed the trigger. My bullseye is less than three inches and it was in there. Twice more (faster shots) were kill shots too.

Then I moved to 30 and fired three kill shots.

I am not one of those guys that likes to show off and stack arrows at 50, 60, or 70 yards like my son can with all his pins and peep. I am a deer hunter and I know how to kill deer. My sight does it for me.....and is great in low light.

Heck, I practice after dark in the back yard sometimes....try that with a peep sight. If I can see the target in low light, I can hit it with an Eradicator.

protectionisamust
10-02-2009, 07:45 AM
I like using a peep sight and can shoot up until dark. What I have done is a) buy a large hole peep sight and used a drill to open it up a little more so I can see in low light conditions and B) use lighted sights (fiber optic with a light attached in the fiber optics to make them bright.) I have never had an issue and could shoot under moonlight at midnight.

I thought about switching to the hindsight, but have always shot a peep and I'm used to it. With some slight modifications to the peep setup, I'm still good to go.

Done Deal
10-02-2009, 07:55 AM
One added benefit of using any type of hindsight set up is the fact that anybody can pick up the bow....align the sights.....squeeze the trigger and...if everything else is done properly----the arrow is going to go where the sights indicated it should have.

Now...I don't claim to be any whiz bang archer but....try that with other sight set ups......they are generally ONLY owner friendly.

Anybody can shoot my bow with my release and hit the target.