PDA

View Full Version : Considering a new bow....need some help.

Johnson16
09-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I am debating upgrading my current setup which is 5 or so years old. I know, that still new for a lot of poeple. I am looking for personal feedback on the following bows if you have any. I need to just go shoot some I think!

Thanks

Matthews Monster or Reezen
Alphamax
Rytera Alien X (I have heard good stuff)
Bowtech (Don't know much about them)

wishn-i-was-fishn
09-22-2009, 06:04 PM
You will want to do something with your 'old' 'outdated' bow, so I will do you a favor and adopt it at no charge to you.

:bounce2:

Johnson16
09-22-2009, 06:27 PM
You will want to do something with your 'old' 'outdated' bow, so I will do you a favor and adopt it at no charge to you.

:bounce2:

Which one? I have a couple...lol. Actually I have an older PSE Thunderflite 50-60lb somewhere. I think my buddy may have it still! Get that farm so you have a place to shoot it!

countryboy3248
09-22-2009, 06:48 PM
I am debating upgrading my current setup which is 5 or so years old. I know, that still new for a lot of poeple. I am looking for personal feedback on the following bows if you have any. I need to just go shoot some I think!

Thanks

Matthews Monster or Reezen
Alphamax
Rytera Alien X (I have heard good stuff)
Bowtech (Don't know much about them)

Ive heard alot about bowtech. Ive heard they are the quietest bows available right now, and that they found Matthews was copying them, thus leading to their slogan "refuse to follow". i have not shot on though, but am looking at one for next season if this season goes well.

haf728
09-22-2009, 08:33 PM
If you are looking a Matthews Monster or Reezen money must not be an issue. I own a 08' 82nd Airborne and love it. supper fast and very quite and i have no string silencers on it just bow jax on the limbs. The only thing i don't care for this the ATA is a little long for tree stand hunting. I have shot the Admiral (31" ATA great for tree stand) and the Captain very nice bows. I don't know what you are shooting now but something to keep in mind is comfort the grips on bowtechs are thin and some people don't care for them. the thin grips helped me from hold my bow and pulling off.

Johnson16
09-23-2009, 06:03 PM
If you are looking a Matthews Monster or Reezen money must not be an issue. I own a 08' 82nd Airborne and love it. supper fast and very quite and i have no string silencers on it just bow jax on the limbs. The only thing i don't care for this the ATA is a little long for tree stand hunting. I have shot the Admiral (31" ATA great for tree stand) and the Captain very nice bows. I don't know what you are shooting now but something to keep in mind is comfort the grips on bowtechs are thin and some people don't care for them. the thin grips helped me from hold my bow and pulling off.

Shooting an older reflex right now, has a thin grip so I am used to that. I will probably look to upgrade after this fall when the 09's come down a little in price! Learned my lesson last time as the bow I bought dropped $150 not all that long after I purchased it. In the past I have typically just bought a bow without shooting many. This time I plan to shoot several before buying, especially since the price tag might be up there a little on the new piece.

I know what you mean on the grip though. I went from thick to thin and it took some time for me to quit torquing the bow on release. Now I love the grip.

hondaonchrome
09-24-2009, 12:59 AM
My father-in-law has the 08 bowtech (general or captain) and i fell in love with it the first time i shot it.I am currently shooting a fred bear vapor 300.

Southern Comfort
09-30-2009, 08:01 PM
I shoot a ROSS Cardiak. I freakin love it I shoot a gold tip with 100 Gr Muzzy MX3 broad head @ 270 FPS.

Johnson16
09-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about ROSS.....I currently am awaiting my chance to go shoot Elite Archery's GT500 and Z28.....just gotta get up to the bow shop thats an hour away.

SONDOWNER
09-30-2009, 10:33 PM
IF YOUR LOOKING TO UPGRADE...DONOT BUY NEW.....RIGHT NOW WITH THE XBOW CRAZE......YOU CAN GET A GREAT DEAL ON A YEAR OR 2 OLDER MATHEWS AND BOWTECHS ALL DECKED OUT......AS THEY CANNOT GIVE THEM AWAY BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTS CROSSBOWS......KEEP YOUR EYE ON CRAIGSLIST.....AND BEWILLING TO TRAVEL A BIT.....AND YOU WILL GET A DEAL....

Johnson16
10-01-2009, 07:19 PM
There is a crossbow craze?........apparently I am living under a rock. lol