PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2009 Newsletter - Bulletproof

Joeywhat
09-29-2009, 03:37 AM
The Fall 2009 edition of the MGO newsletter is here! Click the link below to view:

http://www.migunowners.org/pub/newsletter/MGO_Newsletter_Fall_2009.pdf

If you did not recieve the newsletter via email and wish to do so, please follow this link to subscribe to future editions:

http://mail.migunowners.org/mailman/listinfo/newsletter_migunowners.org

Mike1979
09-29-2009, 05:06 AM
Looks Good Joe!

remingtondude58
09-29-2009, 05:18 AM
Looks great! Thanks to Joe and Jason for putting it together!

adawg
09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Is there a way to put a restriction on the newsletter email address so that only certain people can send and reply to it? I've already gotten several responses from well-meaning members.

RevDerb
09-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Not only did I receive the newsletter but I've also received emails from what I assume to be 5 members so far with no content in the last 45 minutes. Not nice!:protest:

Koolaid
09-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Administrators - Please remove my email address immediately from the blanket email address newsletter@migunowners.org - thank you.

slalom
09-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Not only did I receive the newsletter but I've also received emails from what I assume to be 5 members so far with no content in the last 45 minutes. Not nice!:protest:

Seems to me the newsletter mailing list should be private and only available to the admins.

Howard000003
09-29-2009, 08:30 AM
And how do we get off this list so the random blank emails stop pelting my inbox?

Edit: Never mind, followed the link http://mail.migunowners.org/mailman/listinfo/newsletter_migunowners.org and did so.

StoveBolt
09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm getting "can't open news letter" emails too. please stop the emails!!!

fotophocus
09-29-2009, 08:39 AM
And how do we get off this list so the random blank emails stop pelting my inbox?

Edit: Never mind, followed the link http://mail.migunowners.org/mailman/...igunowners.org and did so.

The link is http://mail.migunowners.org/mailman/listinfo/newsletter_migunowners.org

Thanks for the tip though, went there and unsubscribed as well.

1-2many
09-29-2009, 08:50 AM

Edit: Never mind, followed the link http://mail.migunowners.org/mailman/listinfo/newsletter_migunowners.org and did so.

Thank you!

tenthumbs
09-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Bullet Proof Huh, Joey.... There is a Hole in Your Armor.:oops: :doh:

I Have 9 Emails from Various Members.

Please Make it Stop. I Can't stand being this Popular.:coolgleam:

who dat
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
9 for me, and I prefer you stop the mail to me. I have a serious aversion to filling out forms.

Joeywhat
09-29-2009, 09:52 AM
I have no idea why people are getting emails...I have a ton in my mailbox as well. Working on it now...

gjgalligan
09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
FYI:

I sent a reply to: newsletter-bounces@migunowners.org and it seems that my email went to several people.

I got an email out of the blue about the Newsletter and said I had to sign up for it, which I did. I then got an email (from the address above) saying I MIGHT already be signed up and I didn't understand what the heck was going on. Sent a reply asking whats up and then got replies from other people.

I still don't know what is going on!

Joeywhat
09-29-2009, 10:23 AM
OK...I guess 'newsletter@migunowners.org' is a mail list with the subscribers email addresses on there...so sending something to that address goes to the entire list.

A fix has been put in place for right now, so nobody should be getting anymore mail like that.

slalom
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
FYI:

I sent a reply to: newsletter-bounces@migunowners.org and it seems that my email went to several people.

I got an email out of the blue about the Newsletter and said I had to sign up for it, which I did. I then got an email (from the address above) saying I MIGHT already be signed up and I didn't understand what the heck was going on. Sent a reply asking whats up and then got replies from other people.

I still don't know what is going on!

There appear to be several issues...

First this should not be an open mailing list. (i.e. the admin should be the only one that is able to post to it.)

Second it does not appear to be writing the headers correctly. A reply or reply all should go to an administrative address, for a closed list like this.

Also.... I am unclear on this... It seems that newsletter-bounces could be being forwarded to the main list but I cannot tell for sure.

All of these issues should be resolvable in MailMan but it has been a while since I have done any work in it.

Until you can resolve the problem, Please take the list offline to prevent unnecessary spamming of the members.

adawg
09-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Administrators - Please remove my email address immediately from the blanket email address newsletter@migunowners.org - thank you.

Those 8 messages really screwing with your day? Just FYI, your email is listed in your public profile.

wwjmaj
09-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Does ANYONE appreciate having a newsletter out for the first time in years?

I DO!! Thanks guys and thanks for working on the delivery kinks.

KayL
09-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Does ANYONE appreciate having a newsletter out for the first time in years?...
That would be approximately 1.5 years.

Joeywhat
09-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks Mark. The next time the newsletter rolls around we'll have a better grasp of distributing it. This won't happen again.

fbuckner
09-29-2009, 02:28 PM
I dont recall there being one that ever went out to members before it was stonewalled. Thanks guys you did a great job with only this one snafu at least it got out and it is a new dawn for MGO.

KayL
09-29-2009, 02:33 PM
I dont recall there being one that ever went out to members before it was stonewalled. Thanks guys you did a great job with only this one snafu at least it got out and it is a new dawn for MGO.
Sure, it's posted on the home page under Newsletter.

It was posted, not emailed.

UTPD#5
09-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Great job on the newsletter!

john.41
09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
I would rather read it on site, after receiving 8 or 9 nonsense emails, I also unsuscribed.

G36pilot
09-29-2009, 05:35 PM
It's an appreciated newsletter, but I've unsubscribed as well.

I travel extensively and receive email on my PDA/phone which is now receiving all the undesired mass replies as well. A bit bothersome as each requires several steps to delete.

I'll resubscribe when the glitch is repaired.

Regards...

turbo2ltr
09-29-2009, 07:13 PM
What I dont appreciate is getting my email added to an email list that I didn't ask to be added to. I manage a LOT of email as I'm sure others do and I consider my email address(s) private. I don't ever remember agreeing to be added to a mailing list when signing up for the forum. It is simply not proper "internet etiquette" to sign people up on email lists that they did not specifically opt in to.

Now I unsubscribed and even got the confirmation that I unsubscribed, but I'm still getting emails for some reason. I'm going to assume they were "in the pipe" before I unsubscribed several hours ago so I'll give it some more time.

I'm not saying the fact you guys have a newletter isn't great, I just would have rather been asked not told. The mess with the improperly set up list options just made it worse.

adawg
09-29-2009, 09:57 PM
How is it not private? Did you respond? If not, it still is private. As for them signing you up...unsubscribe and save your first post for a more worthwhile topic.

Darth AkSarBen
09-30-2009, 05:34 AM
REMOVE my name immediately from this ******** !! I'm getting emails from MGO that are showing up with no content, SPAM, and a link to weight loss site.

I want off!:poed:

JohnJak
09-30-2009, 06:43 AM
REMOVE my name immediately from this !! I'm getting emails from MGO that are showing up with no content, SPAM, and a link to weight loss site.

I want off!:poed:
+100000
Please let me know how to remove my name. It's a great concept but it is not for me.

Howard000003
09-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Follow this link to if you feel you want to unsubscribe
http://mail.migunowners.org/mailman/listinfo/newsletter_migunowners.org

revho
09-30-2009, 07:50 AM
This bunch sure seems to cry alot. An electronic mistake was made. Carry on with your mundane lives.

RSF
09-30-2009, 08:09 AM
yes well i have gotten 3 nasty emails from members here about replays and such thinking it came from me HEllo

Dakota
09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm still getting mass emails related to the newsletter from other forum members.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!! This is unprofessional. MGO needs to see to it that this sort of thing doesn't happen to its members' email addresses.

(I unsubscribed yesterday, and I'm still getting mass emails from other members.)

revho
09-30-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm still getting mass emails related to the newsletter from other forum members.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!! This is unprofessional. MGO needs to see to it that this sort of thing doesn't happen to its members' email addresses.

(I unsubscribed yesterday, and I'm still getting mass emails from other members.)

Just because you unsuscribed doesn't mean people still can't reply to the original sent...

Dakota
09-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Still getting mass emails from other members. Please fix this asap rather than waiting until the next newsletter goes out.

Evidently unsubscribing won't help. I unsubscribed yesterday, and I'm still getting mass emails from other members today.

Dakota
09-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Just because you unsuscribed doesn't mean people still can't reply to the original sent...

I understand that. I merely mentioned that to preempt anyone who might suggest that I unsubscribe.

Joeywhat
09-30-2009, 08:27 AM
If you replied to any messages thus giving them your email address there is nothing the admin can do...as they are sending emails directly to your email address.

Do not hit 'reply all' when replying to emails unless you REALLY want to reply to EVERYONE within that message...

flinch
09-30-2009, 08:47 AM
If you replied to any messages thus giving them your email address there is nothing the admin can do...as they are sending emails directly to your email address.

Do not hit 'reply all' when replying to emails unless you REALLY want to reply to EVERYONE within that message...

He is referring to the email yesterday with the newsletter. Since it went to all members, when some are responding to it they are using the "reply to all" button and all of us are getting the response. It has nothing to do with anyone sending someone else their email address. At least it stopped yesterday for me.

RSF
09-30-2009, 08:48 AM
me too

TomE
09-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Been getting emails about sending emails and about being private ,rude ,etc.That I have no idea WTF is going on,WTF are people emailing people me about how they don't want emails from me when I don't have a clue,did administrator infect everyone confuser?

Might have to put a block,put it as spam or junk email from everything or everyone on site ASAP

Dakota
09-30-2009, 08:59 AM

Joey:

I didn't reply to any of them. I never reply to emails in forum groups. I always use PM's.

I do appreciate the newsletter, by the way. :thumbup:

_DK_
09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
last thing I got regarding the newsletter was yesterday morning... but I never replied to the email.

Dakota
09-30-2009, 11:25 AM
last thing I got regarding the newsletter was yesterday morning... but I never replied to the email.

The last one I received was 10:03 this morning, so perhaps it's been resolved. I didn't reply to any of them, either.

_DK_
09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I never did anything, didnt try to unsubscribe or reply.. only got like 8 mails in all, one went right to spam folder. They quit around 9:10am yesterday for me. I have literally a dozen email accounts. All my forum stuff goes to various public mailboxes.
A few people have my business, work or personal email address but those never get published (I hope not anyways, as I rarely get spam on them)

johnzilla
10-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Kudos to Joe and the rest of the newsletter committee! Nice work! :thup: (that's me, always late to the party....LOL)

Nikoelnutto
07-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Love it. wasn't aware it existed until today, what a good day :)

remingtondude58
08-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Love it. wasn't aware it existed until today, what a good day :)

Yeah, it exists, but we don't have them as often as I wish we did!