PDA

View Full Version : Side Rail on a Mosin?

GeocacheJones
09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm thinking about adding a side rail to a Mosin of mine (round receiver). I have a 6x POSP already sitting here in the closet to put on it. Anyone have a suggestion as to someone in the SE Michigan area who can can drill/tap & mount it to the receiver for me without charging me an arm and a leg? I realize I'll have to fit the stock a little for the rail & bracket to fit.

Was planning on using the #AMMNSPZ from Kalinka Optics (can't put the URL in because I'm still <10 posts). I know the scope is worth more than the rifle its going on, but thats why I'm not trying to get bent over on the installation of the rail.

wombat12
09-30-2009, 04:06 PM
You'll also need a new bolt or bolt body with turned down handle If you want a scoped Mosin, you'd be ahead to sell the Mosin and scope and buy an actual sniper. Your PSOP scope is going to be awfully high over the bore.

Clipper
09-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Go to rocksolidind.com and check out their mounts and bolt bodies. You can install the mounts yourself if you can drill & tap. The mount will act as a template if you do it right...

GeocacheJones
10-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Yea, i checked it out but I don't think thats not going to work for my particular application. Looks like a good option for someone using a standard scope though